Forza 5 glitches, bugs, discoveries

FastFurious77

Premium
England
England
I apologise if these finds have already been discovered. My only intention is to bring to light findings for everyone to share here in this thread. Heres what I noticed since playing the game so far. Feel free share any more weird glitches or bugs. Thanks

1. Forza 5 the drivers hand movements shifts up the gears but not into reverse. T10 missed this?

2. Frame rate drop when driving around Circuit de la Sarthe.

3. When buying the McClaren P1 and being prompted with the design window, choosing option Y for colours, then pressing B for back again causes a bug whereby you can't scroll through all the designs.

4. Some cars don't show Vinyls on certain parts of the cars such as wings.

5. You can't paint the wings on certain cars.

Last edited:
1. Forza 5 the drivers hand movements shifts up the gears but not into reverse. T10 missed this?

Honestly never noticed that, but to me it is just an animation. In fact, I wish I could turn it off like I can in the racing sims I play. It can become a distraction in some instances.

2. Frame rate drop when driving around Circuit de la Sarthe.

There is a spot right at the very start of the first long straight that frame skips for some. Besides that, I only ever experience a frame dip while spinning tires in one spot.

3. When buying the McClaren P1 and being prompted with the design window, choosing option Y for colours, then pressing B for back again causes a bug whereby you can't scroll through all the designs.

Never had this issue personally, and never come across anyone bringing it up before. But it could have easily been missed.

4. Some cars don't show Vinyls on certain parts of the cars such as wings.

5. You can't paint the wings on certain cars

The decal system isn't perfect, and I have no idea how T10 implemented it in Forza. But I would assume it is just a basic UVW mapping system like what a 3d modelling program would use, it will most likely always have issues. But you never know.

There is a spot right at the very start of the first long straight that frame skips for some. Besides that, I only ever experience a frame dip while spinning tires in one spot.

For me I noticed the dip in Frame rate once or twice just after the first corner chicane that leads to the longest straight. I think I may have experienced it where you say aswell but I'm not sure.

the sound bug, esp. during Top Gear London Challenge

the frame rate dip bug is most noticeable on Le Mans but it happens also on hairpins as if the machine is too slow in loading up the frame buffer, which should surprise no one given the XBox's infamous inability to maintain frame rate due to the ddr3 32Mb esram whatever

New glitch found. Racing in my #007 Racing Aston Martin DBR9 around Circuit de Catalunya, I noticed sound glitching. where there is an instant loss of sound but it happens very quickly its almost instant off instant on. So far I only noticed it happen with the #007 Racing Aston Martin DBR9.

the sound bug, esp. during Top Gear London Challenge

the frame rate dip bug is most noticeable on Le Mans but it happens also on hairpins as if the machine is too slow in loading up the frame buffer, which should surprise no one given the XBox's infamous inability to maintain frame rate due to the ddr3 32Mb esram whatever
What are you talking about? I've never experienced frame rate dips anywhere, other then the listed Le Mans track right before the long straight.

You mean 8gb ddr3 + 32mb ESRAM right? I havent noticed frame rate dips in most anything yet. Some weird slowmotion/speed ups on Dragon Age Inquisition, but no dips so far.

Anyways, I sometimes get a weird steering stopper when going into lower speed turns in 2nd gear. It happens rarely, having tested it multiple times on the same turn. Its just as if my guy doesnt feel like turning the wheel all the way. It doesnt happen on all cars though.

Last edited:
Probably mentioned...but if you're driving in Tuning mode and you open/close the tuning menu while in pit - lane auto drive you can then free drive in the pits.

Great for photos, and the bug has been there since the original game.

Manual w/clutch sounds in replay mode just bang off the rev-limiter. Still. Since FM3.

When purchasing parts, there is a lengthy pause where nothing happens.

When viewing car details in Forzavista, a table appears without data, disappears, and then reappears with data populated.

Since I have the game now, I feel I should contribute:

* Some cars may have incorrect shifting animation; the Viper GTS (from the original Horizon cover) shifts gears funny as if he's using a sequential race transmission, not a stock road car one.

* The frame rate dips/ performance stuttering happens only for a split second and can be a bit of an annoyance when you're really throwing yourself into a corner with full concentration. It's as if the game eats up a frame or two and forgets to process it, while loading data. This annoyance was in FM3 and 4 replays. This time, it's found itself into the actual game.

The split-second stutter will occur on any track usually between 1 to 3 times each minute. Sometimes it goes away completely for a while, sometimes it returns. It's very random. I'm not running any background tasks, playing from the HDD, all content updates installed.

I'm experiencing the stutters whether I'm connected to XLive or not, whether it's a full grid race, or just hotlopping. Oh, I did notice a very noticeable and annoying frame rate drop when my Skyline GTR lost control on Panorama's long straight before the chicane comes shortly prior to the finishing line. Lots of dust and tire smoke going up as I slid.. frames dropped pretty badly.

This other time, at Laguna, full grid, tire smoke kicked off by everybody, frame rate dipped again.

I believe this is a known issue, and just about everybody has faced it at some point. Seems to me the game at times, has trouble keeping up with the physics engine, and you feel (and see) a momentary stutter or two.

Can honestly say I have never experienced what you are going on about, so I dont know what to say. All I can suggest is turning off the "instant on" mode, if you have it turned on that is.

The instant on mode is off. I quit the game every time before shutting the console down completely (holding the power button down; power brick goes orange).

You've never experienced this? Not a single hiccup? There's got to be a fix for this; it happens at the wrong times!

What are you talking about? I've never experienced frame rate dips anywhere, other then the listed Le Mans track right before the long straight.

You mean 8gb ddr3 + 32mb ESRAM right? I havent noticed frame rate dips in most anything yet. Some weird slowmotion/speed ups on Dragon Age Inquisition, but no dips so far.

Anyways, I sometimes get a weird steering stopper when going into lower speed turns in 2nd gear. It happens rarely, having tested it multiple times on the same turn. Its just as if my guy doesnt feel like turning the wheel all the way. It doesnt happen on all cars though.

I hope they get rid of this on the controller when FM6 comes. Very annoying.

@Speedster911 Add me, and next time I happens have the Xbox record it. I'd like to check it out.

Will do man, though it's going to be a while before I hop aboard Live Gold.

For now, I've uninstalled everything and going to test it in the following pattern:

a. Install the game only, no packs or updates.. test for an hour or two
b. Install all the free car packs, then test it again for a set duration
c. Install the 14 GB content update and proceed with the test.

I'm fairly sure the stutters weren't there when the game launched for the first time, and I did two more races after that before installing the giant update. If memory serves, I don't remember noticing them then.

Oh yeah? Aite, cool. Will get around to it sometime this week then. 👍

Okay, so an update on my little test:

Stutters are still there, irrespective of what race conditions you select, online or offline. Though I've been noticing how you watch a replay with a full grid (race start), and all the cars kicking up smoke.. the frame rate almost goes to sh**!!

Also, for the first time yesterday, I experienced the sound bug; sounded like static.. like somebody was trying to yank out the wires to kill the audio.. like radio static.. almost cutting out the game sound. I didn't want it to blow out my speakers.. so quit the game. Disconnected from Live, and it was fine again.

Enjoying the game immensely, but I wish these bugs weren't there.

And yeah, one more thing: running the game at 720p results in less stutters. The guy who sold it to me said all X1 games are native 50 Hz. So I selected that setting too from the dash. No sirree, stutters won't let me be!

Oh yeah? Aite, cool. Will get around to it sometime this week then. 👍

Okay, so an update on my little test:

Stutters are still there, irrespective of what race conditions you select, online or offline. Though I've been noticing how you watch a replay with a full grid (race start), and all the cars kicking up smoke.. the frame rate almost goes to sh**!!

Also, for the first time yesterday, I experienced the sound bug; sounded like static.. like somebody was trying to yank out the wires to kill the audio.. like radio static.. almost cutting out the game sound. I didn't want it to blow out my speakers.. so quit the game. Disconnected from Live, and it was fine again.

Enjoying the game immensely, but I wish these bugs weren't there.

And yeah, one more thing: running the game at 720p results in less stutters. The guy who sold it to me said all X1 games are native 50 Hz. So I selected that setting too from the dash. No sirree, stutters won't let me be!
Yeah, the sound bug is a problem I think everyone has experienced, although, lately I havent seen much of it. Although, my sessions aren't as long as they used to be, so that can be the reason why. All you'll have to do though, is go to the dashboard and press start with FM5 highlighted, and then quit game.

As for the stutters, I hope you get that sorted out. I have full 1080p running and 60 or 120hz selected(i'll have to double check, I havent even went to those options in a long time :lol:)

Forza 5 was loading all "My Cars" when I would boot the game up up until the last few boot ups of the game going straight to "My Cars" and now Forza 5 forgets to load all the "My Cars" thumbnails You will scroll across the manufacturers to the right side and their will be a load of Blank Spaces. When scrolling right it then remembers to load the car thumbnails. Yeah, Sounds like a problem for Miss Swift aswell.. yeah!

16444169004_a933902730_c.jpg

Yeah, the sound bug is a problem I think everyone has experienced, although, lately I havent seen much of it. Although, my sessions aren't as long as they used to be, so that can be the reason why. All you'll have to do though, is go to the dashboard and press start with FM5 highlighted, and then quit game.

As for the stutters, I hope you get that sorted out. I have full 1080p running and 60 or 120hz selected(i'll have to double check, I havent even went to those options in a long time :lol:)
Yes as we discussed in the other thread, the sound bug is very well known but seems to happen after longer sessions. Seems like after about 45 minutes with a full grid of cars, it will happen. I know for sure if you set up a room with friends and ALL the bots on, it will happen. It didn't happen to me quite as much in the campaign, but almost always happens online or against bots if it is set to 16 players. Then after about 45 minutes or an hour, it usually would start to happen. Even more noticeable on Long Beach.

Yes as we discussed in the other thread, the sound bug is very well known but seems to happen after longer sessions. Seems like after about 45 minutes with a full grid of cars, it will happen. I know for sure if you set up a room with friends and ALL the bots on, it will happen. It didn't happen to me quite as much in the campaign, but almost always happens online or against bots if it is set to 16 players. Then after about 45 minutes or an hour, it usually would start to happen. Even more noticeable on Long Beach.
Race mode, game mode, amount of players/bots is irrelevant I would think, because I would get it after long sessions in Rivals. Campaign races only last about 10 minutes or less so that wouldn't be enough time for the issue to replicate.

Race mode, game mode, amount of players/bots is irrelevant I would think, because I would get it after long sessions in Rivals. Campaign races only last about 10 minutes or less so that wouldn't be enough time for the issue to replicate.
Dang that's even worse than my audio problems then. :ouch: I can usually go around 45 minutes or so before myself or someone else in the room will have to restart the game because of the audio. Luckily it did not carry over into FH2.

Dang that's even worse than my audio problems then. :ouch: I can usually go around 45 minutes or so before myself or someone else in the room will have to restart the game because of the audio. Luckily it did not carry over into FH2.
I'm confused, how is it worse than your problem? It sounds almost exactly the same.

I'm confused, how is it worse than your problem? It sounds almost exactly the same.
Nevermind I thought you said yours shows up in 10 minutes. Mine starts after about a 45 minute session. This is what I get for bouncing back and forth on the same subject between 2 threads. haha

A thing to be wary of when you clear your cache on your Xbox One.

This weekend I cleared my Cache, so you know what that means right? Syncing all your games back to the cloud again. When you do this, be very careful. I had a problem getting the sync to start and I accidentally pressed cancel. When that happens, it starts up the game as if you have no save file. Not a problem, so I dashboarded and restarted. I notification came up stating that the save file on console was different then the one on the cloud.

It gave me two options;
Select the more recent file save from April 19th(which I'll explain about in a bit)
Or selecting the cloud save from April 18th.

Now here's where I pulled a stupid. I did not play at all on the 19th, in fact it was the save from canceling the sync, and it starting itself fresh up again. The April 18th save was my actual game save with all my cars and what not. I made the mistake of selecting the more recent save, which as you've read, has nothing on it, at all. All cars gone, no badges or emblems, campaign is fresh at 0 races started, I even had to go through the horrible intro race again.

I'm not really that bummed, and immediately after I had selected the new save I had a feeling that something was terribly wrong. In a way, its kind of a relief, as my garage was getting insanely cluttered with random cars that I dont even remember if I tuned or not. A lot of useless cars that where made and never driven, maxed out cars for no reason.. you get the point. This gives me the opportunity to start fresh, and make sure every car I buy will be tuned to a specific class.

Good thing is, is that all my rivals times are atleast saved to the servers, rather than the game itself :D

This is less of a bug, but more of just me not paying attention.

I don't mean to stir up a storm about this, just looking for some input, as I'm enjoying the game immensely:

* At the start of some races, I see a wierd semi-transparent cloud-like polygon shape hovering on the track right in front of my car (bumper view). I sometimes notice this same cloud in replays around one of the bottom edges of the screen where the track's edge/boundary would be. Well..what's this then?! :rolleyes:

* When you open a league for the first time and hear one of the TG presenters talk about the cars that can be used to race, 3 or 4 cars would be mentioned, but you see footage of only 2. Err, is this an oversight perhaps?

* After you end a race in career mode, view replay and hit continue, the sound of the race sometimes carries over into the next loading menu in a stuttery kind of way just for half a second. Also, very rarely, you press a button to enter a sub-menu in the career menu and it registers the sound effect twice. Hope that makes sense.

* When you hear the female announcer talk about the next race venue, sometimes, at the end of the sentence, you'll hear her start to say something else but the sentence gets cut off, as if it were starting another loop which was abruptly stopped.

Now, I'm only wondering (and a little curious) are these audio anomalies related to RAM, your HDD or both?

What about the cloud hovering bug... only happens on certain TVs?

Sure hope they had tested the game a bit more before release.

Anyhoo, great game. I'm in no hurry to get PCARS. :D

I'm not sure what your talking about with the transparent cloud thing. I'm wondering if what your seeing is the ghost car to the next fastest rivals? I know for sure that happens.

Back