Forza 5 Is A Major Dissapointment, Will DLC Save It?

• Thread starter Macrinus
  • 825 comments
To be fair it's never nice when a perfectly good discussion thread gets hijacked by the console wars and I heartily apologize for my part in prolonging this. When someone posts the equivalent of kicking a door open and spraying everyone inside with bullets though it's not surprising that people adopt a defensive posture, myself included. This poster's already been warned by a moderator for telling people that they can't post criticism of GT6 (on the whining thread no less) so he may understandably want to vent his frustration on us.

I think they'll both look good, as FM5 looks good now. Why go any farther then that? The differences that are going to be on the new Gens are going to be so minuscule. I can see all the nitpicking now.

I'm confused.

yeah, I can tell...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

wth.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

oooh lots of smilies, I'm defeated..really lol

I'm a graphic designer, it's creating space and separating the two. I can't find a nice way to critic your comment of a logo, besides idiotic. If I were dumb enough to think that I'd look for a TM, ® or © near the 5. I see none, therefore not a logo but a just a number.

Your a graphic designer...and? the logo still looks stupid, why didn't T10 design a logo that they would use from the start, maybe you know the answer ? cos your a graphic designer right?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Logo is Simple and Effective. Either way, it really hasnt changed since FM3, although just skewed a little bit.

Also, whats wrong with redesigning a logo?

Wait, this is the ' Forza 5 is a major disappointment thread right?

The Logo is Simple and Effective. Either way, it really hasnt changed since FM3, although just skewed a little bit.

Also, whats wrong with redesigning a logo?

Well Gran Turismo has had, arguably, the most recognisable game logo from the word go, just think its funny....

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair it's never nice when a perfectly good discussion thread gets hijacked by the console wars and I heartily apologize for my part in prolonging this. When someone posts the equivalent of kicking a door open and spraying everyone inside with bullets though it's not surprising that people adopt a defensive posture, myself included. This poster's already been warned by a moderator for telling people that they can't post criticism of GT6 (on the whining thread no less) so he may understandably want to vent his frustration on us.
I've never told anyone what they can and can't post, that's a ridiculous comment...

Your a graphic designer...and? the logo still looks stupid, why didn't T10 design a logo that they would use from the start, maybe you know the answer ? cos your a graphic designer right?

Just so we're clear, you're questioning why a company redesigned their logo, right? As if that's something that doesn't happen with nearly every company ever?

Since you're dismissing someone's opinion based on their job - and I'm a graphic designer too - please, enlighten me: why is it a "stupid" logo, and what are your qualifications for making such a call?

Well Gran Turismo has had, arguably, the most recognisable game logo from the word go, just think its funny....

Arguably.

I've never told anyone what they can and can't post, that's a ridiculous comment...

Yes, you have - hence the link - and that won't be tolerated here either. So if you want to have a discussion about GT vs FM - and you're more than welcome to - do it in the proper thread in this section. This isn't up for debate.

Oh, and stop double/triple posting. Use the edit button or multi-quote feature like everyone else.

And you want to start an even more pathetic argument with your snyde remark?
Considering very little substance has been posted, my "snyde" remark is just as fitting as these baseless posts.

If we're going to use GT6 as the shining example of what we should use as a baseline for a next-gen game (not my call, but people in this thread are doing it for some reason) then can we talk about using assets that are now from a console two generations old? By this use of logic found in this thread, what it means is GT6 can't even manage last-gen status.

Commenting about a logo (yes GT5/6 is a great one) seems pointless when those cutout / blackout interiors are still in the game, along with a very significant number of poorly detailed cars.

:lol:

In the physics department well, I think GT6 is better, does Forza have a Forza academy turning gamers into real race drivers? nope, now i'll chuck in a load of those smilies :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Usually, when people start defending GT6's physics with GT Academy, it becomes very apparent they don't have any actual argument to debate the physics of either game to begin with; in your eyes, the fact there's an "Academy" must mean it's realistic & that's all the evidence you think is needed. It's been proven by Scaff, Famine, & 1 or 2 others that the GT Academy doesn't prove much of anything once you look at how the fastest times were acquired or the backgrounds of some of the participants.

I would say that you're probably a troll, but not even a troll would be desperate enough to attack the logo of a game to make a point.

SlipZtrEm look at the link, I never told anyone they can't post and companies do not usually re-design their logo, unless its a pants logo of course, I'm going to take a course in graphic design so I have the qualifications necessary to comment on logo design;) Seriously, the only reason I mentioned GT6 here in the Forza 5 Is A Major Dissapointment thread is because it points to F5's next gen effort as not being that great, I watched a replay of Bathurst on F5 and it does not look as good as GT6, even my friend who owns Forza 5 agreed and I think one of the reasons is the lighting in GT6, its just so good and a great lighting engine makes a whole lot of difference. The fact that GT6 and Forza 5 are even being compared is testament to Forza's next gen entry being underwhelming. Forza 5 is a good game all said and done, nice graphics etc but personally I was expecting more from a next gen title especially when you compare it to GT6 on the PS3, that's my point.

Last edited:
Kollosson: In game ,from cockpit view, Forza 5 lighting looks pretty much as good as anything out there if you have a high quality TV. On a low cost LCD it looks good but not nearly as good as a higher end screen, IMO, and I have played it on both.

Now, F5 takes a few shortcuts to get there such as static lighting. But the static lighting (limited though it may be) in game looks terrific. The only other racing title I have played that has comparable or better lighting, IMO, is pCars. In game, GT6 is a clear step below F5 graphically... although PD have pushed the PS3 wonderfully and their replays are, as always, artfully done. I am sure GT7 will look phenomenal and very possibly better than F5 but when will it release? Maybe the same year as Forza 6. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

I would love to post up a Mount Panorama comparison, (but this is not the place for it) what is pleasing to one eye is maybe not so to the other. That said, I find the Forza version of this track to be far more interesting than the GT6 version, and I would love to see what some of my photographer friends on the other side would do with it, pretty amazing stuff I would think.

I own two 1080p Xbox One games (FM5 and NBA2K14) and I don't know what resolution FIFA is. Ryse is less. It's not the console, it's the developers. Wolfenstein is promised to be 1080p60 on both consoles, as they have had the time to sort it.

Uhm...to get back on topic: yes, DLC will save Forza 5 because pretty much the only thing wrong with it IS the lack of content. If MS stops being the old M$ and give the DLC acceptable prices, then it will be a great game.

Kollosson: In game ,from cockpit view, Forza 5 lighting looks pretty much as good as anything out there if you have a high quality TV. On a low cost LCD it looks good but not nearly as good as a higher end screen, IMO, and I have played it on both.

Now, F5 takes a few shortcuts to get there such as static lighting. But the static lighting (limited though it may be) in game looks terrific. The only other racing title I have played that has comparable or better lighting, IMO, is pCars. In game, GT6 is a clear step below F5 graphically... although PD have pushed the PS3 wonderfully and their replays are, as always, artfully done. I am sure GT7 will look phenomenal and very possibly better than F5 but when will it release? Maybe the same year as Forza 6. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

The in cockpit view on Forza 5 is excellent I have to admit, with reflections of the instrument panels on the screen, a really nice touch however I did notice on the F40 that the roll cage arm that fits into the top of the dash does not cast any shadow like everything else does. Forza 5 is in desperate need of DLC and I think that extra tracks are more important than cars at this moment in time. In fact my favourite Forza track was the Japanese mountain track ( can't remember the name of it ) it was like the Nurburgring up and down a mountain, a great drive, I think that would be a good addition.

^ Fujimi Kaido is the track. I am happy Turn10 has figured out how to insert new tracks into career mode, to me this is a HUGE update in DLC. Now we get new events to go along with the tracks.

SlipZtrEm look at the link, I never told anyone they can't post and companies do not usually re-design their logo, unless its a pants logo of course, I'm going to take a course in graphic design so I have the qualifications necessary to comment on logo design;) Seriously, the only reason I mentioned GT6 here in the Forza 5 Is A Major Dissapointment thread is because it points to F5's next gen effort as not being that great, I watched a replay of Bathurst on F5 and it does not look as good as GT6, even my friend who owns Forza 5 agreed and I think one of the reasons is the lighting in GT6, its just so good and a great lighting engine makes a whole lot of difference. The fact that GT6 and Forza 5 are even being compared is testament to Forza's next gen entry being underwhelming. Forza 5 is a good game all said and done, nice graphics etc but personally I was expecting more from a next gen title especially when you compare it to GT6 on the PS3, that's my point.
What's truly pathetic is you make your arguments from replays and not actually playing the game.
I have both games The physics is getting better in gt6 going from ice skating
Too slightly better grip. They do better car modeling I'll give them that, there online is practically useless I just use them for car collecting now.
Now for Forza5 they have better progressive AI from real players and there online ( multiplayer ) is leaps and bounds better that gt , gt6 is a ghost town online.
As your remarks on the logo that is plain pettiness and shows that you really don't have argument and a clue what your talking about, so play both games before you can have a understanding on the topic...:rolleyes:

Comparing replay's is pathetic? please enlighten me!!! and I have played both game's, I think the handling in F5 is a lot better than F4 but I really don't know how you can refer to the physics in GT5 as ice skating, I think that is how I would describe Forza 4 ( although to be fair I only played the demo but it was the demo that put me off from purchasing the full game ) I understand the topic very well Stevo

With regard to both games, I started out with GT Prologue (newcomer) and then GT5. Always enjoyed GT5 but as a car lover, I had an open mind and when I got wind of Forza4, I had to investigate it. The cars and the detail made me want to check the game out as the detail in even many of the premium cars in GT5 was a bit lacking (still holds true in GT6 for standards). The standard cars were very disappointing detail wise. So I did the unthinkable, purchased the XBOX 360 for Forza 4. I loved the cars but found the game to be a bit too contrasty and the cars were harder to drive than what I was used to in GT5. In time I made the adjustment to the game and now I prefer it. Both games have their plusses and minuses, I can't rag on either one being the absolute best or worst, one man's chicken is the other man's steak.

With regard to both games, I started out with GT Prologue (newcomer) and then GT5. Always enjoyed GT5 but as a car lover, I had an open mind and when I got wind of Forza4, I had to investigate it. The cars and the detail made me want to check the game out as the detail in even many of the premium cars in GT5 was a bit lacking (still holds true in GT6 for standards). The standard cars were very disappointing detail wise. So I did the unthinkable, purchased the XBOX 360 for Forza 4. I loved the cars but found the game to be a bit too contrasty and the cars were harder to drive than what I was used to in GT5. In time I made the adjustment to the game and now I prefer it. Both games have their plusses and minuses, I can't rag on either one being the absolute best or worst, one man's chicken is the other man's steak.
I must be your twin because I did the exact same and have the exact same diagnosis

I see here making the Forza 5 and Forza 4 with GT6 comparison is natural. When you're driving in Forza, detailed mesh in the menus become like stickers.. Details are trimmed down in gameplay from the menus. Whereas GT6 keeps the mesh detailed in gameplay and in the gallery. And FM4, it was like driving on ice, since race and drag slicks in game have far less grip than in real life. I would imagine this is the same for FM5, but I will say I have never played it and therefore cannot give an accurate comparison between FM4 and FM5. I've seen the car lists and gameplay to see the mesh effect happen. Mesh turns into a sticker! The somewhere around 300 premium cars in GT6 are very detailed but the standards are not. Yes having interior detail is nice but I don't play a game to look at the interior. I play it to enjoy my spare time. I have noticed that GT6 physics feel tremendously like a real car. Whereas FM4 (again, FM5 may or may not be the same.) had a more arcade-like feel to it and I admit, more controller friendly than GT. But this thread was made to express someone's opinion about FM5. NOT any other game. So respectively, all the comparisons I just made are redundant and meaningless because they are off topic. I'm with @FosterG , I don't prefer one over the other and they apply to two different tastes. (Finally on topic.) From what I've seen, FM5 may either be great, or stupendously poor. All resting on the DLC.

Rant over,
t3

Uhm...to get back on topic: yes, DLC will save Forza 5 because pretty much the only thing wrong with it IS the lack of content. If MS stops being the old M$ and give the DLC acceptable prices, then it will be a great game.

Um... I'm sorry but in your opinion what is a acceptable price?

You get 10 cars for $5.00 or 50 cents a car.

For reference a 9-pack or Hotwheels cars is $8.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hot-Wheels-Cars-9-Pack/29131379

Also stop the M$ thing it just looks immature and childish.

Last edited:
I agree with t3kc0h. I purchased F2 and F3 on 360, I did enjoy F3 even though it was a stop gap to GT5 and I do love the livery editor. Its strange, you would have thought that T10 would have created the cars and tracks in Forza 4 with the next gen in mind, obviously this would take more time but imagine all the cars from F4 plus the new models in F5 and that would have been a very healthy car count not to mention at least some of the tracks. The same thing happened with GT3 if you remember, GT2 ( PS1) had 600 or so cars GT3 had around 180 cars on the PS2 however as has been mentioned this generational leap is not as huge as the leap from PS1 to PS2 or from Xbox to Xbox 360. The thing that is really wrong though is holding cars back to be sold as DLC especially when the car count in F5 is so low, in fact micro transactions are starting to get out of hand on all games. Next gen games are expensive as it is but add up the extra money spent on DLC and it starts getting ridiculous...

The thing that is really wrong though is holding cars back to be sold as DLC especially when the car count in F5 is so low

When will this ******** conspiracy theory end, honestly it's been going on since the first DLC in Forza.

Turn 10 are not holding back content just to sell it for DLC.

In fact most Forza titles have free DLC packs at launch for the cars finished between the game going gold(game completely finished) and the games release to public. With the exception of Forza 5 where they charged for the pack.

Last edited:
Back