Forza 5 Is A Major Dissapointment, Will DLC Save It?

• Thread starter Macrinus
  • 825 comments
The damage model on GT6 to be fair is not as good as 5 but then there is no damage model on any console racer that is realistic, if a console racer had a damage model that had doors and wheels coming off then I would take my hat off to them especially if they managed to do that and have awesome graphics, that would be the bench mark but there isn't. Lets get back to Forza 5, being as this is a ' next gen ' racer are you really happy with it? no weather change, no time change, limited damage model...is this really next gen racing? that's my point, Forza 5 is a nice looking game and the drivatar AI thing is a really good addition but it is not what I would call next gen, there is no noticeable difference between F5 and what we are playing on the last gen consoles, its no leap, it does not give you that jaw dropping moment that you should get with a next generation version of a popular game.

Lets get back to Forza 5
:lol: So I take it GT6's damage and AI isn't better than FM5 after all then? That's a surprise. :lol:

I've got no problems with my copy of FM5. Pretty much everything they promised was delivered at launch. I'd rather have compelling AI and a rock solid frame rate than weather and night racing although both would be nice. Let's see what Project CARS can bring to the table.

Also, considering we're still using the same resolution HDTVs as last generation there's less opportunity for jaw dropping leaps in graphics. In this respect it's not the same as the graphical leap between last generation and the one before that which involved a change in display technology.

Last edited:
?
:lol: So I take it GT6's damage and AI isn't better than FM5 after all then? That's a surprise. :lol:

I've got no problems with my copy of FM5. Everything they promised was delivered at launch. I'd rather have compelling AI and a rock solid frame rate than weather and night racing although both would be nice. Let's see what Project CARS can bring to the table.

Also, considering we're still using the same resolution HDTVs as last generation there's less opportunity for jaw dropping leaps in graphics. In this respect it's not the same as last generation.

Yes but the last gen games did not run at a latent 1080 which the new gen machines can handle, plus I didn't say GT6 damage and AI was better than F5 but what are we doing comparing two poor damage models? F5 brings nothing to the table, if this is all Turn10 can muster then they are in trouble because we have GT7 on the more powerful PS4 and Project Cars around the corner, not to mention Drive Club. On a side note, what is Forza's logo all about? they were so desperate to have a recognised logo like GT but what does it mean? Forza 3/4 and now Forza 3/5 lol....its a bit silly isn't it.:lol:

Last edited:
I didn't say GT6 damage and AI was better than F5
You did in the post I quoted. GT6 beats FM5 in every department, remember?

F5 brings nothing to the table
Except better physics, AI, more accurate tracks, better modelled cars...

if this is all Turn10 can muster then they are in trouble because we have GT7 on the more powerful PS4 and Project Cars around the corner, not to mention Drive Club.
Well, we get Project CARS as well and I wonder when GT7 will actually show up, let alone whether it'll provide the improved damage and AI we've been discussing. By that time FM6 may well be out.

It seems like you're holding Forza up to some mythical standard of next gen console racers when at the moment it's a field of one.

Last edited:
You did in the post I quoted. GT6 beats FM5 in every department, remember?

Except better physics, AI, more accurate tracks. better modelled cars...

Well, we get Project CARS as well and I wonder when GT7 will actually show up, let alone whether it'll provide the improved damge and AI we've been discussing.

It seems like you're holding Forza up to some mythical standard of next gen console racers when at the moment it's a field of one.

We get project cars as well? we going to start a debate about which is the better console now lol, that's already sorted mate PS4 is and in terms of the next gen standard for console racers I think we will see that in the games I mentioned, like I said Turn10 are in trouble....:scared:

We get project cars as well? we going to start a debate about which is the better console now lol, that's already sorted mate PS4 is and in terms of the next gen standard for console racers I think we will see that in the games I mentioned, like I said Turn10 are in trouble....:nervous:
PS4 may be the better console but at the moment we don't have any racing games to show off its superior technology. That's why I'm playing Forza on Xbox One.

Last edited:
The damage model on GT6 to be fair is not as good as 5 but then there is no damage model on any console racer that is realistic, if a console racer had a damage model that had doors and wheels coming off then I would take my hat off to them especially if they managed to do that and have awesome graphics, that would be the bench mark but there isn't. Lets get back to Forza 5, being as this is a ' next gen ' racer are you really happy with it? no weather change, no time change, limited damage model...is this really next gen racing? that's my point, Forza 5 is a nice looking game and the drivatar AI thing is a really good addition but it is not what I would call next gen, there is no noticeable difference between F5 and what we are playing on the last gen consoles, its no leap, it does not give you that jaw dropping moment that you should get with a next generation version of a popular game.

From what I've seen I can understand this point of view. I can appreciate things that a more casual player might not, like deeper physics, but it's honestly hard to tell if the physics changes in Forza 5 are only next gen possible. A larger race grid would be convincing, but there isn't one. No weather or time as was said. F5 calculates car performance in real time in the tuning shop which is a show of more processing power, but not hugely influential (despite being a very good feature).

I would like to get F5, but F4 is still a strong title, and I'm waiting to see what happens on the PC.

Yes but the last gen games did not run at a latent 1080 which the new gen machines can handle, plus I didn't say GT6 damage and AI was better than F5

Actually you did. Which is funny, cuz it couldn't be any further from the truth.

but what are we doing comparing two poor damage models?

FM5 offers the best available on console, so that is what we get. Until pCars comes out.

F5 brings nothing to the table, if this is all Turn10 can muster then they are in trouble

:lol:

because we have GT7 on the more powerful PS4

Drive Club.

What does an arcade racer have to do with sim racing? BTW, Horizon trounces all over DriveClub.

On a side note, what is Forza's logo all about? they were so desperate to have a recognised logo like GT but what does it mean? Forza 3/4 and now Forza 3/5 lol....its a bit silly isn't it.:lol:

We have no idea what you are talking about :lol:

When all else fails, attack the logo...

Those three vertical stripes are a stylized "m" as in "Motorsport", not a "III".

ForzaMotorsport5OfficialLogo.jpg

I hope the Project CARS guys turn their attention to including proper tournaments with race rules and qualifying laps. It shouldn't take any next-gen wizardry as I think this was in Race Pro on the 360.

Last edited:
I'm glad they've improved the damage modelling on GT6 as the GT5 one made the cars look kinda melted. Any screenshots to show the improved damage modelling in GT6? How is the new AI compared to GT5?

And don't forget about those tremendously realistic gt6 sounds! :dopey: I own both games as well.

I wonder if FM5 will be only Forza game in 1080p on Xbox One or if refinements in resources of console will allow them to get up to best of last generation effects at least while maintaining 1080p resolution. 2D crowds, smoke effect style from PS1/PS2 era, a lot of aliasing and 30FPS mirrors as well as well as static light source doesn't cut it for me for a game that is meant to showcase the power of the Xbox One. 900p looks wiser move to me for future games as I don't think they will be able to compete graphically against the competition if they stick to 1080p.

Well some of you guys have been in the GT6 forums, thought I would pay you a visit, the damage model on F5 is still generic, its not realistic and you have a livery editor, which I do like but apart from that in my opinion I own the best racer out there, GT6 makes F5's next gen effort look very ordinary.

You do know that most of us, over here (GTplanet FM forums), "own" both GT5/6 and FM5, right? So we are well aware of the differences, you are not enlightening us on anything. With that said, we are are happy with FM5 "because" we know the differences!

Actually you did. Which is funny, cuz it couldn't be any further from the truth.

FM5 offers the best available on console, so that is what we get. Until pCars comes out.

What does an arcade racer have to do with sim racing? BTW, Horizon trounces all over DriveClub.

We have no idea what you are talking about :lol:

:lol: hey look, I can do it too..actually the last gen racers were not in true 1080p they were cleverly buffered up from a 720p. You can't say I'm wrong, you can disagree with my opinion of course. I scrutinized the replay on Forza 5 and it is not repeat not as good looking as GT6, that's my honest opinion and you can reference as many of the ' limited ' features in F5 as you like because if we put each game side by side and list features GT6 blows F5 away. In the physics department well, I think GT6 is better, does Forza have a Forza academy turning gamers into real race drivers? nope, now i'll chuck in a load of those smilies :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wonder if FM5 will be only Forza game in 1080p on Xbox One or if refinements in resources of console will allow them to get up to best of last generation effects at least while maintaining 1080p resolution. 2D crowds, smoke effect style from PS1/PS2 era, a lot of aliasing and 30FPS mirrors as well as well as static light source doesn't cut it for me for a game that is meant to showcase the power of the Xbox One. 900p looks wiser move to me for future games as I don't think they will be able to compete graphically against the competition if they stick to 1080p.
The first shot on a new platform is not always the best, programmers have a learning curve. I have never been disappointed by T10, the best is yet to come for the series.

That line between ''Forza Motorsport'' and ''5'' makes it look like it's some joint co-produciton work between production studio Forza Motorsport and some other business named after a number 5.

I'm a graphic designer, it's creating space and separating the two. I can't find a nice way to critic your comment of a logo, besides idiotic. If I were dumb enough to think that I'd look for a TM, ® or © near the 5. I see none, therefore not a logo but a just a number.

I'm a graphic designer, it's creating space and separating the two. I can't find a nice way to critic your comment of a logo, besides idiotic. If I were dumb enough to think that I'd look for a TM, ® or © near the 5. I see none, therefore not a logo but a just a number.
No need to be defensive about it, that line just seemed pointless imo, that's all.

Konami just posted some comparison pictures between all platforms (video is coming soon).
oETQdyI.png

For MGS Ground Zero PS4 1080p 60fps, and Xbone only 720p 60fps, the resolution difference is quite big margin IMO, and I also read that PS4 still managed to have butter smooth fps compared to Xbone based on preview gameplay comments. This is happening early in life of both console, not sure how Xbone will be able to keep pace when the devs have matured and able to extract the most of the hardware. I am guessing most titles would be in 720p or toned down in detail 1080p - compared to PS4 version. This will be interesting with Pcars on both PS4 and Xbone and how GT7 will look on PS4 compared to maybe FM6 :D

This will be interesting with Pcars on both PS4 and Xbone and how GT7 will look on PS4 compared to maybe FM6 :D
I think they'll both look good, as FM5 looks good now. Why go any farther then that? The differences that are going to be on the new Gens are going to be so minuscule. I can see all the nitpicking now.

does Forza have a Forza academy turning gamers into real race drivers? nope, now i'll chuck in a load of those smilies :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I'm confused.

Last edited:
I think they'll both look good, as FM5 looks good now. Why go any farther then that? The differences that are going to be on the new Gens are going to be so minuscule. I can see all the nitpicking now.

Well, we shall see on MGS Ground Zero between PS4 and Xbone, that would somewhat gives rough idea how Pcars will be if it will have different resolution on Xbone. You can call it nitpicking, but for title like MGS GZ, I would prefer PS4, as the preview comments from several parties shared similar opinion, one of them said PS4 is butter smooth at 1080p and overall visually better than Xbone that it would be controversy to elaborate deeper :lol: Not sure if Konami intentionally did it or not :lol:

I've played FM5, and it's not really huge leap, after a few hours playing, the graphics novelty died quickly.

I've played FM5, and it's not really huge leap, after a few hours playing, the graphics novelty died quickly.

The differences that are going to be on the new Gens are going to be so minuscule.

How I feel anyways. I do notice the graphical differences between both old and new gens, but it's nothing compared to the xbox - xbox 360/ps2 - ps3 transition.

Last edited:
I really look forward though to see FM6, how much more improvement can be seen in graphics ( FM 2 - 3 - 4 saw quite significant improvement ). As IMO -physics, sound, online are not going to jump by leaps and bounds anymore in one generation ( Xbone )

I scrutinized the replay on Forza 5 and it is not repeat not as good looking as GT6, that's my honest opinion and you can reference as many of the ' limited ' features in F5 as you like because if we put each game side by side and list features GT6 blows F5 away.
I didn't really buy the game to stare at replays. Variable time of day and weather on some tracks is something that would be nice in Forza if it didn't slow the frame rate down but I wouldn't swap the features FM5 has over GT6 for the ones GT6 has over FM5. Some of those features like the course creator have yet to be released as I understand it. Others like the car count have been artificially inflated with last-gen and gen-before-last assets.

You may consider features like livery editing and Rivals limited but to be honest I don't think many people here are taking your opinion that seriously. Most people on this board have GT6 anyway and have made up their own minds. After reading the gripes on the whining thread I decided to give it a miss, especially after buying GT5 and being a bit disappointed.

In the physics department well, I think GT6 is better, does Forza have a Forza academy turning gamers into real race drivers? nope, now i'll chuck in a load of those smilies :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I think the presence of a race school reflects the publisher's marketing budget more than it references any physics differences between the two games. One doesn't have much to do with the other.

How I feel anyways. I do notice the graphical differences between both old and new gens, but it's nothing compared to the xbox - xbox 360/ps2 - ps3 transition.
I don't think anyone would disagree with you on that point. Like I said above the previous generation came with new display technology for most adopters. No way could this generation compete with that kind of leap.

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: hey look, I can do it too..actually the last gen racers were not in true 1080p they were cleverly buffered up from a 720p. You can't say I'm wrong, you can disagree with my opinion of course. I scrutinized the replay on Forza 5 and it is not repeat not as good looking as GT6, that's my honest opinion and you can reference as many of the ' limited ' features in F5 as you like because if we put each game side by side and list features GT6 blows F5 away. In the physics department well, I think GT6 is better, does Forza have a Forza academy turning gamers into real race drivers? nope, now i'll chuck in a load of those smilies :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

wth.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

^To be fair he's talking about the replays which a lot of people here don't like in Forza.

Like GRID does? xD But that's off topic. :3

Back