Forza 5 Livery Showcase

• Thread starter p3bucky
  • 118 comments
United States
Florida
Kansei-Buck
Post liveries that you have made. In your post (if you put it on storefront) Include:

Gamertag
File Name
Car Type
any other helpful info to find it

Please keep it to your own work and limit yourself to 3 or 4 pictures a post!

Here's my latest drift car/recreation

I'll put this up if I'm asked :P

qDYPJwc.jpg

RQs4bys.jpg

GnqvxU5.jpg

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with! :D

Last edited:
I havent bought F5 yet because I havent seen anything from the drift side of things. Nothingggg. This S15 makes me think my choice was wise. Same weak body kits as F4. sorry for derail though.

I havent bought F5 yet because I havent seen anything from the drift side of things. Nothingggg. This S15 makes me think my choice was wise. Same weak body kits as F4. sorry for derail though.

If you're saying that because of the livery, I've only been making liveries for a week, so don't expect a master piece... If you're saying that because of the body kits, hey, it could be Gran Turismo. Some body kits are better than little carbon fiber extensions.

I really hate drifting with a burning passion and hope to the Flying Spaghetti Monster that Turn 10 never, ever starts incorporating more of that crap. I don't mind if kids have their own stand-alone drift game, but I don't want a racing game to be dragged down by silly junk. It's already ruined DiRT.

"But, drifting takes great skill to..." I don't give a bucket of donkey dung. Shooting a bullet that bounces through a small maze and bullseyes a target at the end takes skill, but I don't want shooters making me do it. Juggling fifteen chainsaws takes skill, but I don't want action games making me use Kinect to virtually juggle chainsaws. Likewise, I want my racing games to remain racing games, not doing donuts and zigzagging sideways through obstacle courses or any of that nonsense. If the term "drift" was never even typed anywhere in any Forza game ever again, I'd be happy.

"Well, Forza doesn't make you drift anywhere." Yet. If you people had your way, it would. They've also made drift Achievements, meaning you can't get all the game's Achievements without drifting. Sure, Achievements are just an optional extra and all that, but that doesn't change the fact that drifting managed to contaminate it. (Don't recall if FM5 specifically has drift Achievements, but at least one of the previous games did.)

Iceman PJN you can have both without hurting each other, it's just a matter of balance in Turn10 choices.

I really hate drifting with a burning passion and hope to the Flying Spaghetti Monster that Turn 10 never, ever starts incorporating more of that crap. I don't mind if kids have their own stand-alone drift game, but I don't want a racing game to be dragged down by silly junk. It's already ruined DiRT.
Are you sure you don't mean GRiD? I can do everything in those games except drift.

(Don't recall if FM5 specifically has drift Achievements, but at least one of the previous games did.)
There are two, one for getting 20 Perfect Drifts (still waiting for my first LOL) and one for drifting 250ft in one go.

I've never led a multiplayer race so I'm not worried about missing out on all the achievements personally.

"But, drifting takes great skill to..." I don't give a bucket of donkey dung. Shooting a bullet that bounces through a small maze and bullseyes a target at the end takes skill, but I don't want shooters making me do it. Juggling fifteen chainsaws takes skill, but I don't want action games making me use Kinect to virtually juggle chainsaws. Likewise, I want my racing games to remain racing games, not doing donuts and zigzagging sideways through obstacle courses or any of that nonsense. If the term "drift" was never even typed anywhere in any Forza game ever again, I'd be happy.

"Well, Forza doesn't make you drift anywhere." Yet. If you people had your way, it would. They've also made drift Achievements, meaning you can't get all the game's Achievements without drifting. Sure, Achievements are just an optional extra and all that, but that doesn't change the fact that drifting managed to contaminate it. (Don't recall if FM5 specifically has drift Achievements, but at least one of the previous games did.)

You are a douchebag. I dont want drift achievemnts or anything you say. Drifting is a motorsport, this game is called Forza Motorsport. In that case, boring drag racing shouldnt be there, and Time Attack is boring as well. I can flip it right back at you. If they are going to put an S13, S15 in the game, they should put the body kits that are avalible, instead of putting random body kits from the first game.

Here's my daily new livery haha. 240SX Drift car in the style of the one in my first post.

GT: p3bucky
Car: Nissan 240sx SE
File: Drift

YhkfQ2r.jpg

Wn3PtcR.jpg

xM7EeWK.jpg

Sorry if you aren't a fan of drifting. And I'm sorry that you'll have to see drift cars every time you come here. I like drifting and I loveee drift cars, so get over it or leave. No one is making you like drifting.

Back on topic, can anyone offer up some advice on making characters and such? I'm trying to re-create Brad Hackers Kyouto Drift RX-8 and having a semi-hard time with the person on it. It's mainly shading and highlighting that I have trouble with.

p3bucky
Sorry if you aren't a fan of drifting. And I'm sorry that you'll have to see drift cars every time you come here. I like drifting and I loveee drift cars, so get over it or leave. No one is making you like drifting.
Don't be. I love that livery, btw.

Whoa, I was lurking GTplanet for ages, and I didn't knew I made an account 4 years ago!

I'll add one of the few liveries I have made so far in FM5: (I did a lot in the past games)

GT: JorgePinto
Car: 1976 McLaren M23

It's a way more accurate replica of the car Hunt drove. The stock one is so wrong and inaccurate it hurts...every decal, every color, every shape, even the Union Jack was wrong in one way or another. Several shapes and logos were missing too (apart of the tobacco ones, which are left out because of rules, as we know) so I hope this serves the car right once and for all:

11519519653_7daaed12c9_c.jpg

11519519173_a13f7e5400_c.jpg

11519488616_ee8fe3c1e2_c.jpg

Did the tall airbox version too.You can search for both of them in the game!

11519517323_f3d4ab9146_c.jpg

Haven't posted this here yet, so here it is!

Car: 2009 Honda S2000 CR
File: Suki's S2000 2F2F

optrdU7.jpg

xgr45WQ.jpg

I'm updating it currently (adding some more of the logos I missed, fixing some parts of the design like the eyes). I also made a Grey w/ Lime Green accent version as well if anyone is interested in that.

VXR
Holy heck, you're a master livery creator, that looks immense.

Thank you! In FM4 I started making complicated designs (In FM2 and FM3 they were quite basic), with the aid of a capture card, it's really easy, I only have to open a reference pic, make it transparent, and use it as a template. Of course, time and patience is still needed, but at least you know you're doing it right.

Thanks! :)

Since right now I don't have pretty much anything in FM5 (Apart from a Falken livery I made for the official contest) I'll add a few examples of what I did in the past. Since this is the FM5 subforum and FM4/Horizon pics are not supposed to be here (but the other subforums are pretty much dead anyway and I only want to show you a bit if you want to) I'll not even post the direct pics, just the links.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11* 12 13 14 15

I'm thinking about remaking some of them in FM5. At least, the ones which the original car is based on is still on FM5...

I have to say, this is about time and patience, no magic formula here...but I'm sure everyone can do this kind of designs, after all, it's not like I have special skills, just a bit of experience. I can help though!

*I had the amazing luck to win the FM4/BMW design challenge with this M1. Didn't expect that at all!

@JPinto i nearly shot water out my nose when i opened the google maps car.

:D Haha. I had to do it. Many people did the WRC version and/or the Ken Block version...and the F&F version. So I thought about a famous Impreza...and there you go. I had tons of fun racing with it. People were shocked when they saw it :P

@JPinto love the Jurassic Park Jeep! Love how you remade the rim on the spare tire cover too :lol:

Thanks! :) The worst part was the logo...what a nightmare. It's made out of one zillon parts...but it was worth it! :D

So, this livery isn't much at all (It's only 7 logos), but if you're looking for something simple but really good looking, I feel like this would be great. To me, it looks like it could be one of the Nismo cars like in Gran Turismo. It's definitely not one of the most detailed liveries out there xD

Car: Nissan R33
File: Nismo A-Tune

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

Just wanted to show a livery I'm currently in the process of making :)
It will be white and black, it's just orange so I could see it better.
And thanks to @JPinto for the advice :D

kO2zACa.jpg

It's currently sitting at 268 layers, all squares and a couple circles.

Edit: Here's the finished car!

Car: Nissan R34
File: Kyouto Drift

2cKBRaM.jpg

WHzVpMO.jpg

Last edited:
Back