Forza 5 Livery Showcase

• Thread starter p3bucky
  • 118 comments
GetPhoto.ashx
This was my first go at a GT3 RS.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/symo63-liveries-gt3-rs.302430/

That is such a nice livery, VICGT1970. This does bring up a question I have, as I haven't touched Forza 5 since December (due to my lack of Xbox One and said game). Can you use metallic colors on vinyls?

That is such a nice livery, VICGT1970. This does bring up a question I have, as I haven't touched Forza 5 since December (due to my lack of Xbox One and said game). Can you use metallic colors on vinyls?

Thanks for the input guys
No you can not use metallic on vinyls in forza 5 all the the white on my car is the vinyl

Last edited:
Should've figured as much. Still, it's a great livery and an example of the craftsmanship the Forza community offers.

Now can someone please make the proper Esso livery for the GT-One? There was one in FM4, but so far nothing this time around. The fake Exxon livery has got to go.

Thanks! It's sad, because I have nothing against the winner and/or his design, I'm sure we worked with passion, but I don't get why Falken start a contest, pick 6 finalists, and then, choose the most conservative one. It's almost the same design they always use!

I saw at least 10 designs which were very original, fresh, and well-crafted. So again, shame on them.

Thanks! It's sad, because I have nothing against the winner and/or his design, I'm sure we worked with passion, but I don't get why Falken start a contest, pick 6 finalists, and then, choose the most conservative one. It's almost the same design they always use!

I saw at least 10 designs which were very original, fresh, and well-crafted. So again, shame on them.

I'm a graphic designer, when it comes to corporate ID's businesses don't stray far from what they have and what people will recognize as them. I've done bicycle jersey's and have been asked for something wild and different, wild and different was the last thing I'd call what they ended up approving. At the end of the day it's their job and they are going to pick what they are looking for.

For the Falken FM4 Porsche Livery contest, the only reason that won was because of a fan vote. I thought that was the least recognizable and representative of Falken.

I understand your point, it's perfectly logical, and that's how things work, definitely, but even with that, I still think they were too conservative. The winning one was basically the same, but with the Falken logo moved. And since they didn't make mandatory to keep the original colors and the fusion shape between the colors, I thought they were trying for something a bit more different, but yes, at the end of the day, the safe bet is the winner. And I agree, the FM4 Porsche livery wasn't representative of Falken at all. It was the other end of the scale, but I can surely find a couple of designs which were both things, representative, and a bit (at least) fresh.

Also, I can assure I don't care I didn't win. I knew I wasn't going to make it. In fact, some of my favourite designs from other people didn't made the cut as well...

Gamertag: lassoglen
Car: Volkswagon 2011 Scirocco R
Filename: Turfmobile

TORO turfmobile with grass leaves on the right side, grass roots on the left side, top, and hood, and plant-essential nutrients on the back. Very nerdy

GetPhoto.ashx
GetPhoto.ashx
GetPhoto.ashx
GetPhoto.ashx

Gamertag: LamaLegierung
Car: Viper GTS-R

If you want the design just buy the Racing-Viper and search by gamer tag and enter my tag.

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

I sure am glad you're back. Your FM4 liveries were great.

Yeah that looks amazing. I never have the patience to make liveries that comprehensive.

Back