Forza 6 discussion

• Thread starter 20B_4ME
  • 143 comments

What feature should Turn 10 concentrate on the most for Forza 6?

• Total voters
Forza 6 should have every car from the Forza series (from the first one till Horizon 2) plus new ones. That's probably gonna be over 900 cars.

I chose other... I feel like they should work on bringing back features they left out of FM5 that were in previous FM series.
  • Auction house
  • Car clubs
  • Being able to gift cars to friends
  • Being able to view telemetry while watching your own replay
  • Being able to access factory HSL color values for cars
  • Being able to search for vehicles in your garage by certain criteria such as manufacture, transmission (4,5,6,7 or 8 speed)
  • Being able to look find out what a car's peak HP and peak torque without having to guess by looking at a graph or staying in one gear down a straight-a-way

I can name more but these are just a few

where did that rumor come from?
Some random "insider" lol. I know it's not really credible but some rumors might be true.
Forza 6 should have every car from the Forza series (from the first one till Horizon 2) plus new ones. That's probably gonna be over 900 cars.
Yeah, 900 cars at ForzaVista quality... not happening. T10 and their outsourcers are quick but not that quick, basically they've stated that they produce around 10 cars each month, so around 120 per year, if FM6 was to come out in 2016 we would probably have 600+ cars which is still a lot, and then get a 100+ more during the following year. So 700 cars in total maybe, Forza 4 has 671 cars in total. I doubt this gen will last as long as the last one, so we might be getting next-gen consoles in 2018 assuming a 5 year cycle, and FV quality cars should be absolutely fine for nextgen and beyond.

Last edited:
Yeah, 900 cars at ForzaVista quality... not happening. T10 and their outsourcers are quick but not that quick, basically they've stated that they produce around 10 cars each month, so around 120 per year, if FM6 was to come out in 2016 we would probably have 600+ cars which is still a lot, and then get a 100+ more during the following year. So 700 cars in total maybe, Forza 4 has 671 cars in total. I doubt this gen will last as long as the last one, so we might be getting next-gen consoles in 2018 assuming a 5 year cycle, and FV quality cars should be absolutely fine for nextgen and beyond.

Lets hope theirs a team hard at work on the GT1/GTS, P1 and P2 cars so I can have my Forza Le Mans Lobby back.

I chose other... I feel like they should work on bringing back features they left out of FM5 that were in previous FM series.
  • Auction house
  • Car clubs
  • Being able to gift cars to friends
  • Being able to view telemetry while watching your own replay
  • Being able to access factory HSL color values for cars
  • Being able to search for vehicles in your garage by certain criteria such as manufacture, transmission (4,5,6,7 or 8 speed)
  • Being able to look find out what a car's peak HP and peak torque without having to guess by looking at a graph or staying in one gear down a straight-a-way
I can name more but these are just a few
Yes I totally agree.

The physics in Forza 5 seem very strange to me for some reason. Every car I've driven in that game either terribly understeers or terribly oversteers no matter how careful I am with the throttle and it is so easy to overshoot a turn. I guess that's realistic?

Just a word on this, the majority of cars sold to Joe Public are designed to have a particular handling trait, usually understeer, when pushed beyond the limits of their grip. So when wannabe Michael Schumacher gets behind the wheel of say, a Vauxhall Vectra SRI and goes nuts, the only thing that happens when the lead footed baffoon gets himself in trouble is the front end lets go and the car goes a bit wide. Bear in mind that modern tyre/brake/suspension/electronic assist technology is far more advanced than it was even 15 years ago, you have to be seriously hooning to get that to happen. There are cars that don't have this natural trait designed into them, such as the Dodge Viper, Carrera GT and even to an extent the original AC Cobra where the quest for natural handling ability and sheer mechanical grip makes them edgy at the limit. The thing is, give them to a racing driver to go fast in and they will talk about their natural poise and balance, their communicative chassis and blistering pace. Give them to WMS to go fast in and he'll be in a ditch, upside down and on fire before he has made it 15 yards from the garage. These cars become known as widow makers and have a reputation for being difficult or even dangerous to drive fast, but they aren't really, it's just the safety net that a relatively normal car has designed into the chassis/suspension/electronics just isn't there so people get bit.

Modern supercars are loaded with electronic aids that you can't turn off, the ZR1 is an example. Clarkson moaned it was too wayward to drive fast when he tested it against the R8/10 bland Audi thing, but the car still had TC/STM enabled because you can't disable it. He was just so terrible at driving it he was provoking the racey/bitey side of the handling to rear it's head. Incidentally I have seen a test where a professional racing driver was actually quicker with all the aids enabled in the ZR1 than with minimal interference, which is very unusual.

But coming back to the point, simulating all the intricasies of a car is very difficult in handling because do you try and represent the actual handling of the car which is for the most part boring, with low limits and easy to predict/counteract reactions to heavy handidness... Or do you have each car act the way they look like they should? Do you have an utterly accurate, boring, safe game or do you jazz things up a bit?

Just a word on this, the majority of cars sold to Joe Public are designed to have a particular handling trait, usually understeer, when pushed beyond the limits of their grip. So when wannabe Michael Schumacher gets behind the wheel of say, a Vauxhall Vectra SRI and goes nuts, the only thing that happens when the lead footed baffoon gets himself in trouble is the front end lets go and the car goes a bit wide. Bear in mind that modern tyre/brake/suspension/electronic assist technology is far more advanced than it was even 15 years ago, you have to be seriously hooning to get that to happen. There are cars that don't have this natural trait designed into them, such as the Dodge Viper, Carrera GT and even to an extent the original AC Cobra where the quest for natural handling ability and sheer mechanical grip makes them edgy at the limit. The thing is, give them to a racing driver to go fast in and they will talk about their natural poise and balance, their communicative chassis and blistering pace. Give them to WMS to go fast in and he'll be in a ditch, upside down and on fire before he has made it 15 yards from the garage. These cars become known as widow makers and have a reputation for being difficult or even dangerous to drive fast, but they aren't really, it's just the safety net that a relatively normal car has designed into the chassis/suspension/electronics just isn't there so people get bit.

Modern supercars are loaded with electronic aids that you can't turn off, the ZR1 is an example. Clarkson moaned it was too wayward to drive fast when he tested it against the R8/10 bland Audi thing, but the car still had TC/STM enabled because you can't disable it. He was just so terrible at driving it he was provoking the racey/bitey side of the handling to rear it's head. Incidentally I have seen a test where a professional racing driver was actually quicker with all the aids enabled in the ZR1 than with minimal interference, which is very unusual.

But coming back to the point, simulating all the intricasies of a car is very difficult in handling because do you try and represent the actual handling of the car which is for the most part boring, with low limits and easy to predict/counteract reactions to heavy handidness... Or do you have each car act the way they look like they should? Do you have an utterly accurate, boring, safe game or do you jazz things up a bit?
I would rather have a game that is realistic to how the car handles, I don't like games that jazz it up. But just my opinion.

And I don't think realistic and intuitive physics are boring or unchallenging. But I agree with the point, there's a tendency among simulators to be wilder than reality. I can't comment on FM5, but FM4 is both too eager to power oversteer and too reluctant to generate oversteer by any other means, contributing to an exciting, drift-happy experience that is also "safe" and understeery as long as you restrain yourself with the throttle.

Hiya people. Ive just got forza 5 and remember reading somewhere that you can change the dead zones when playing with a pad to improve the handling. Can anybody help me out with this please.

Hiya people. Ive just got forza 5 and remember reading somewhere that you can change the dead zones when playing with a pad to improve the handling. Can anybody help me out with this please.
Under your profile (where you see your drivatar statistics) in controller setup. advanced. (I think that's how you do it)

And I don't think realistic and intuitive physics are boring or unchallenging. But I agree with the point, there's a tendency among simulators to be wilder than reality. I can't comment on FM5, but FM4 is both too eager to power oversteer and too reluctant to generate oversteer by any other means, contributing to an exciting, drift-happy experience that is also "safe" and understeery as long as you restrain yourself with the throttle.

5 is more than likely to catch you out with all kinds of lift-off and weight shift induced oversteer and thanks to the triggers having rumble, you can better sense your power oversteer, too. It helps getting the first lap out of the way so the tyres have warmed through.

Hiya people. Ive just got forza 5 and remember reading somewhere that you can change the dead zones when playing with a pad to improve the handling. Can anybody help me out with this please
I have all my inside deadzones at 0. Outside zones are 100 for accelerator and brakes, 90 for steering

Hope that helps 👍

About the first thing I noticed on FM5 was how cars ,like a ZR1 corvette, are more likely to kick out that back end. I had those complaints about FM4 too, it was just alittle to forgiving. FM5 is a lot less forgiving and much more likely to spin you out under careless inputs. You really must have better throttle control then what FM4 required. Thankfully those rumble triggers are there, and they make a huge difference.

Some times I feel like the SSS ( speed sensitive steering) is set a little to strong, But it hasn't taken away from the game. I guess that's just a trade off for making it playable with a controller. I have the same problem trying to setup my controller for assetto corsa. Too much SSS and I can't find the cars limit, to little and its almost unplayable.

To accomplish putting all the previous cars in don't expect any new cars, thats a ton of cars to redo.

I personally don't expect them to add all the previous cars from old Forzas, but on the flip side, we can definately reasonably expect more cars than Forza 5 and that is very very welcome! Plus add to it weather and maybe a few more other new/better features and we have yet another winner from Turn 10 with FM6!!

About the first thing I noticed on FM5 was how cars ,like a ZR1 corvette, are more likely to kick out that back end. I had those complaints about FM4 too, it was just alittle to forgiving. FM5 is a lot less forgiving and much more likely to spin you out under careless inputs. You really must have better throttle control then what FM4 required. Thankfully those rumble triggers are there, and they make a huge difference.

Some times I feel like the SSS ( speed sensitive steering) is set a little to strong, But it hasn't taken away from the game. I guess that's just a trade off for making it playable with a controller. I have the same problem trying to setup my controller for assetto corsa. Too much SSS and I can't find the cars limit, to little and its almost unplayable.

This is a good thing. I remember how I had to relearn some of my race lines and turn/exit approaches, thanks to the significant improvements from FM3 to 4. Being how it is, even more unforgiving in FM5 is a step in the right direction as always. With every version it seems, they get the nuisances of high speed driving even closer to reality, and that's one of the major reasons it is loved by so many gamers, car enthusiasts and motor sport nuts worldwide: you not only get realistic audio and physics, but get to buy, tune and race your favorite cars. I have yet to see a PC sim that delivers such a well balanced racing package.

I have gripes about the SSS thing too; they really should include a setting for adjusting that by now. The game deciding how much I can turn based on my speed and how I shift gears is a bit wierd to say the least. IRL, if I want to turn the wheel more even at 80 mph+ corners, I should be able to do so at the command of my controller. Also, steering sensitivity/speed should be adjustable as well just like it is in EVERY first/third person shooter, or other driving games.

On FM6, I would love to see a more motor sport-oriented game with pit stops, fuel and tyre wear actually being a major part of your race-win strategy, and weather as well as night making things interesting. Weather I can maybe live without.. but it's about time Forza introduced night driving on a race track. If not that.. well, at least a dedicated rally mode would be nice, with custom built or official rally cars and courses.

Latest Posts

Back