Forza Community

• Thread starter Khyber
  • 40 comments
United States
Lexington SC
ThreefiddyZ
There forza community seems extremely lack luster compared to the gt6. Just on this forum the gt6 forums are buzzing, tons of online leagues, clubs etc. On here for Forza it's active but not like gt6. It's just really no sense of that community chatter or leagues etc.

The official forums are so heavily moderated with threads and every posts having to be approved, the activity is SO slow and half the time your posts/threads don't get posted. There just isn't much fm5 talk going on there because of it. Hardly any leagues advertising etc.

Is there anywhere else with active Forza forums?

The only other site I know of is Forza Central, which has the most furiously awful interface. I refuse to use that site because the UI is that bad.

Sadly, there just aren't as many people talking about Forza. That's why I try to write constructive posts on here, so as to help build this place up.

It galls me that MS made earlier wheels incompatible with the new system if only because it means a lot of experienced FM4 posters won't be making the leap with us. Car clubs and the storefront might conceivably get fixed in the next FM game but without some kind of a converter box wheel racers are left high and dry unless they buy new hardware, which hurts the size of the community.

Forzaplanet wasn't the biggest community but I like to think it was one of the better informed ones.

This is the only one I use regularly. The official site still doesn't have FM5 specific sub forums.

The only other site I know of is Forza Central, which has the most furiously awful interface. I refuse to use that site because the UI is that bad.

Sadly, there just aren't as many people talking about Forza. That's why I try to write constructive posts on here, so as to help build this place up.
They've let the site run wild now now as well. Before, there were some general guidelines similar to here on posting, but every time I revisit, people seem free to post whatever they want. I don't even bother trying to clean anything up anymore because I don't know what is & isn't allowed by this point, and only the Admins have the power to really change anything.

This exactly.

no friends to tell to join here haha. no one has xbox one or is that involved.

You just covered part of the problem pertaining to your topic. Of course there's going to be a lot more buzz with GT6 here, on account of this being GT Planet, but FM5 also suffers from being a launch title on Xbox One. One has less appeal than PS4, for several reasons, and both consoles have very small installed bases relative to last-gen consoles (PS3 and 360.) There's many tens of millions of PS3 owners who could buy GT6, but maybe just a few million One owners so far.

Also lacks tuned car setting compared to GT6, much easier to find settings for GT6 cars.

FM5? You can download tuning setups directly in FM5. When you go to the tuning page, you can load tuning setups. You can choose to load your own or download them from the community.

There forza community seems extremely lack luster compared to the gt6. Just on this forum the gt6 forums are buzzing, tons of online leagues, clubs etc. On here for Forza it's active but not like gt6. It's just really no sense of that community chatter or leagues etc.

The official forums are so heavily moderated with threads and every posts having to be approved, the activity is SO slow and half the time your posts/threads don't get posted. There just isn't much fm5 talk going on there because of it. Hardly any leagues advertising etc.

The Forza forums are awful, Alot of good posters on there but all the mods are on a severe power trip and are constantly locking threads, removing posts and banning posters for the slightest thing.

My friend and I used to be mods on that site and it is a TERRIBLE site. Always had problems with members, the site shutting down, and many other issues. Eventually we threw in the towel, gave up our mod rights, and have never been back. I am actually shocked to hear its still going.

It galls me that MS made earlier wheels incompatible with the new system if only because it means a lot of experienced FM4 posters won't be making the leap with us. Car clubs and the storefront might conceivably get fixed in the next FM game but without some kind of a converter box wheel racers are left high and dry unless they buy new hardware, which hurts the size of the community.

Forzaplanet wasn't the biggest community but I like to think it was one of the better informed ones.

+1
Yeah official just has one fm5 forum. Why the insane moderation there is beyond me
You're right, it is insane. Lots of long time members including myself have left because of it. One of the mods in particular has driven lots of folk away from the site.
It's a damn shame, it was a fun place for a while.

This site is designed after a Playstation game. If you look around you will see that most of the activity on this forum is in playstation games. So its not surprising that anything involving the Wii, 360, PC, or X1 really doesn't have much activity.

This site is designed after a Playstation game. If you look around you will see that most of the activity on this forum is in playstation games. So its not surprising that anything involving the Wii, 360, PC, or X1 really doesn't have much activity.

well obviously, but it did consume forza planet....

Exactly right HAL20XX, it is up to the Forza faithful (us) to keep this going with comments and threads that will promote it. Forza 5 is a great game and deserves the same activity we see on GT6, but we have to make it happen. I feel a new thread coming on, but we do need subforums badly.

ONLINE.
Its a launch game just wait come Forza 6.

well i just got banned on official forums for saying that gt6 has animations for gas and brake and shifting where as forza doesn't for gas and brake and just moves the hand to shift, and doesn't actually shift.

mods are absolutely ridiculous over there and seriously abuse their powers and act like assholes anyways.

well i just got banned on official forums for saying that gt6 has animations for gas and brake and shifting where as forza doesn't for gas and brake and just moves the hand to shift, and doesn't actually shift.

mods are absolutely ridiculous over there and seriously abuse their powers and act like assholes anyways.
Wow, that's brutal. I'm not a fan of that forum considering it hasn't even changed since FM3.

There is no way you got banned just for that man :) Mod's are way overboard there but just saying that isn't something you'd get banned for, period.

well that's the last thing i said in a post 3 days ago, then I found out yesterday I was banned until 1/22/2013. Thing is i never really responded to anything except the Thrustmaster TX posts. Hell the Post before my last I was giving out links to the $319.99 radioshack TX on sale.

well that's the last thing i said in a post 3 days ago, then I found out yesterday I was banned until 1/22/2013. Thing is i never really responded to anything except the Thrustmaster TX posts. Hell the Post before my last I was giving out links to the $319.99 radioshack TX on sale.

Oh.... then can confirm I have at least not seen you make any trouble over there at all, because I remember that, and was telling others about that. That is seriously lame. Please, this isn't a T10 issue this a microsoft has a horrible forum issue.

Back