Forza Could Be Affected by Apple vs. Epic Fortnite Battle

Kind of a bit, sensationalist, isn't it?

One offshoot mobile Forza game that most probably don't care about, may be affected on one of the platforms it's on.

It's not like this has anything to do whatsoever with the main Motorsport and Horizon titles. Which is what 99%+ of the Forza fans care about the most.

@theknyte,
Exactly my thoughts. Click-bait headlines just to call for attention. As if someone cared about Forza Street mobile app with in-app purchases. Actually the whole iOS platform (which is quite good at hardware level) has been totally wasted on in app purchases, paywalls and pay-to-win crap. Just check Need for Speed No Limits, CSR2 or Alphalt 9 - they look more like disguised scams than anything else.

Click-bait headlines just to call for attention.
It's not like this has anything to do whatsoever with the main Motorsport and Horizon titles. Which is what 99%+ of the Forza fans care about the most.
If you read "Forza Could be Affected" as "Forza Motorsport", or "Forza Horizon", or even "The Whole Forza Franchise", that's your own issue.

While I personally think Forza Street is bobbins (and an unrelated title bought and turned into a Forza franchise game), it's not only a Forza franchise title but likely an extremely profitable one given the heavy reliance on MTs.

Microsoft has become embroiled in the Apple vs. Epic vs. Google spat because a huge product for it is affected by the issue (and it's an excuse to further lay into Apple for the xCloud/Game Pass thing).

Incidentally, all article titles are "clickbait" to the loosest possible definition: they are supposed to entice you to click on them. This title is not "clickbait" by the precise definition, because it accurately summarises the content of the article and the article actually contains researched facts which are true and informative. Whether you like the game or not, or class it as a real Forza game or not isn't relevant (though I'd argue that the Forza Street name is itself clickbait); it is a Forza game, it is part of the franchise, it would be affected by Apple banning Epic from the Apple SDK, and that has prompted Microsoft to appeal to the courts.

Successfully, I should add. The judge upheld the injunction because it had ramifications outside of Apple and Epic's tiff.

Edit: It shouldn't be in the FM7 forum though. I missed that - it was automatically generated because of the Forza category selection. Moved to the general gaming forums.

Last edited:
Seriously, if you're backing Fortnite who charge real money for items with no perks and push them daily on encouragable kids, you have no place to stand up to 'evil' Apple.

VXR
Seriously, if you're backing Fortnite who charge real money for items with no perks and push them daily on encouragable kids, you have no place to stand up to 'evil' Apple.
If the items gave you perks than that would just make it an absolute terrible pay to win game. That’s worse.

I have no bone in this fight, but I've been trying to see this thing from all sides and I've come down to these conclusions.

-If you're a platform provider then you are within your rights to charge a fee for providing that service.

-The argument seems to be centered around how much of a cut is fair. Epic doesn't feel a 30% cut is fair, to me it sounds pretty up there in terms of what's fair. This problem will most likely be solved with mediation.

-They need to agree upon a good number, 10%, 15%, 20%, whatever that number is, because right now, both sides are losing potential sales, and that's a lose-lose proposition.

VXR
What's wrong with Epic Games making good money by creating Fortnite? In my opinion, Fortnite is a very cool game, I like it more than Escape from Battle Royale games. If you take a larger scale, then this game has already held a tournament for 3 million $ in prize money, while in Cs Go, the biggest tournament of the year has a million dollars in prize money. I am sure that after a while this game will become even more popular. Opened a bunch of stores like this the-fortnite-shop.com with the sale of various interesting things related to this game.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back