Forza Designer Shows Off Unused Cars: Porsche 917 LH, Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato and More

All I have to say is Turn 10, what the actual 🤬 are you doing?! Why haven't you added these cars at all? What was holding you back? What you couldn't be bothered to license them?
They probably did try to license them. There’s likely more negotiating behind the scenes though than just paying a manufacturer whatever they want. Or perhaps just bc they’re modeled doesn’t mean their physics/sounds/etc have been developed.

All I have to say is Turn 10, what the actual 🤬 are you doing?! Why haven't you added these cars at all? What was holding you back? What you couldn't be bothered to license them?

Deep breath, my man lol. Trust me, no one wants that 917LH in the game more than me, but as someone who works in games, it's also important to remember that there a million reasons and more why certain things don't make it into the final product, and I can guarantee it's likely not because they just didn't feel like it or that they "couldn't be bothered." That's not the way these things work :-)

They probably did try to license them. There’s likely more negotiating behind the scenes though than just paying a manufacturer whatever they want. Or perhaps just bc they’re modeled doesn’t mean their physics/sounds/etc have been developed.
Deep breath, my man lol. Trust me, no one wants that 917LH in the game more than me, but as someone who works in games, it's also important to remember that there a million reasons and more why certain things don't make it into the final product, and I can guarantee it's likely not because they just didn't feel like it or that they "couldn't be bothered." That's not the way these things work :-)
You're both right, there's a lot more that goes on beyond just forking over money for licensing. I'm just so angry now to find out the Langheck was modelled and finished all along only for it to possibly never be used! Fruitless efforts like this just anger me in an irrational way.

...I want to punch a hole through a wall. :(

You're both right, there's a lot more that goes on beyond just forking over money for licensing. I'm just so angry now to find out the Langheck was modelled and finished all along only for it to possibly never be used! Fruitless efforts like this just anger me in an irrational way.

...I want to punch a hole through a wall. :(

It's all good, brother. Unfortunately the nature of this kinda stuff is that there is always tons of stuff that doesn't make it in the game that had a ton of work put into it, but that's just kinda the nature of the beast. I guess you just get used to it on this end lol. But again, totally understand the overall frustration, especially with this particular car!

Actually wrong a lot of the cut content of a game is still present in the disc or in the game due to an update.
Nope, it isn't.

FM7 had some thumbnails of unreleased cars for a while, including some FH4 cars before they were announced, but they were wiped clean in an update. There are no actual car files whatsoever besides those that are available in the game.

Nope, it isn't.

FM7 had some thumbnails of unreleased cars for a while, including some FH4 cars before they were announced, but they were wiped clean in an update. There are no actual car files whatsoever besides those that are available in the game.
I remember that. Theres was the 2016 Civic GRC, the Lexus rcf GT3, an inifini q60 concept I believe, the Porsche 917 LH, and a couple more. It's so weird that it's right there yet we dont have access to them.

This is probably very common,gt sport has the hidden lotus and a hidden race spec mx5 (both seen in the beta but not in the full game) there's also the whole spa licensing drama.
Lots of peoples favorite cars might be modeled in game but hidden,very frustrating but car licensing is a pain in the as*

I remember that. Theres was the 2016 Civic GRC, the Lexus rcf GT3, an inifini q60 concept I believe, the Porsche 917 LH, and a couple more. It's so weird that it's right there yet we dont have access to them.

I'm pretty sure there was also a leaked file that referenced Genesis G90. It never really did amount to anything, but I remember bunch of Korean gamers going nuts about it.

Lexus RCF GT3 is a news to me, though.

I do wish modding was in consoles we could have easily data mined got these cars in the game ages ago.

Such a shame then Microsoft will ban us all for it if it happened LOL

Last edited:
I do wish modding was in consoles we cpuld have easily data mined got these cars in the game ages ago.

It was literally already explained a few posts ago by @TheAdmiester that these aren't in the game files.

There's any number of reasons as to why we've never seen these cars in-game. It could be licensing -- especially with regards to the race cars -- or they never quite matched up to quality standards. Maybe physics/sounds delayed them. It could be that these were never meant for FM7 (or even FH4), but rather are early tests for the next game. Though they do appear quite advanced...

I'm curious on what model year is the Nissan Pickup shown in the game.

It seems like a 2004/2005. I'm having a hard time sourcing the exact truck: the wing and bed cover suggest the '03 (source), but the front grille looks off. It might be an amalgamation of a presentation vehicle's livery/number and the competition truck's drivers/front end.

I do wish modding was in consoles we could have easily data mined got these cars in the game ages ago.

We don’t have the assets to put the car in game. Even if we could mod consoles, we can’t “activate” the cars because they don’t exist outside of the developer’s machines.

I think it'd be interesting if Turn 10 did a "behind the scenes stream", where they just answered questions about process stuff. Talk about how the car deals get made, what stuff is generally negotiated over, etc. (no need to name names or give money values). Explain the dev cycle for how a car goes from licensed, to in the game - including maybe some brief screen time for the unsung heroes who work on this stuff. Maybe even explain the lead time for when DLC is conceptualized, when they start work on it, and when it comes out.

I'd also love to just see them talk openly about FM7's reception, and what they think of some of the more "popular" criticisms this time around, now that the game is ending active development. Their thoughts on the criticisms around too many off-road vehicles, the general state of online play (and their thinking behind the stuff they implemented to try and 'fix" it), the dislike of the tire wall barriers, and so on. Maybe a discussion of what general lessons they took from the game's reception, and the work/outreach they did post-launch.

I think this kind of stuff would be appreciated by the core fanbase, and it would also serve to educate their expectations a bit more in the future.

I think it'd be interesting if Turn 10 did a "behind the scenes stream", where they just answered questions about process stuff. Talk about how the car deals get made, what stuff is generally negotiated over, etc. (no need to name names or give money values). Explain the dev cycle for how a car goes from licensed, to in the game - including maybe some brief screen time for the unsung heroes who work on this stuff. Maybe even explain the lead time for when DLC is conceptualized, when they start work on it, and when it comes out.

I'd also love to just see them talk openly about FM7's reception, and what they think of some of the more "popular" criticisms this time around, now that the game is ending active development. Their thoughts on the criticisms around too many off-road vehicles, the general state of online play (and their thinking behind the stuff they implemented to try and 'fix" it), the dislike of the tire wall barriers, and so on. Maybe a discussion of what general lessons they took from the game's reception, and the work/outreach they did post-launch.

I think this kind of stuff would be appreciated by the core fanbase, and it would also serve to educate their expectations a bit more in the future.
Absolutely. Being that they seemed to be more open the past 6 months or so this would be welcomed and they should be completely honest with us if they were to do that. Then going forward they stick with that communication and reaching out while listening to the core fanbase.

I could be mistaken because it's been a bit, but for some reason I thought we talked a little bit about this when we went on the Forza Monthly stream to show off the Warthog/Halo Showcase. I feel like one of us asked about about the whole licencing/putting vehicles in the game process, but I can't remember if it was in our segment or in one of the opening ones.

Back