Forza Horizon 3 Auction House Thread!

• Thread starter willbsn13
  • 728 comments
I wanted to auction my no1 leaderboard car for D class, and it only let me name a price that was in the range of: car cost + parts cost + a small markup

This is by design. I believe it's too stop price fixing and devaluation of certain cars, but I agree there needs to be a bigger mark-up allowed.

This is by design. I believe it's too stop price fixing and devaluation of certain cars, but I agree there needs to be a bigger mark-up allowed.
it will stop the digital picassos and tuners, thats what itll do.

ex. I painted my mona lisa on a car, I want to sell it, and it lets me price my masterpiece for the peanuts that the car is worth?

nah, this needs fixing

I bought the Warthog for 580k. I feel that's a reasonable price. I also bought a second Sandman panel van at the auction house so I could have both the panel van and the ute. I might do some more auction hunting, especially for HE cars. I've only won one and it seems the game is too parsimonious for any player to get them all via prize spins.

Second day in a row I'm getting bid failed messages. It's pissing me off beyond belief and I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue? :banghead:

Had a lot of these last night.

Really sad, I enjoy the auction house so much. :(

If they don't improve the servers the thing will explode tomorrow.

Late Saturday night I picked up an Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione for roughly half price. I was meaning to buy one from the Auto Show (which lists for 300,000 credits), but only had to spend 185,000 at auction.

This is a car I can just drive around with and listen to the engine purr.

Last edited:
Second day in a row I'm getting bid failed messages. It's pissing me off beyond belief and I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue? :banghead:
Yes I've had it happening to me 3 days in a row, I've missed the chance to snag a bargain on some horizon edition cars cause of it

Are you guys getting "bid failed" because the auction is over? I've had that happen a couple times, but it's because I was too late, the auction had ended.

It was happening to me all weekend, a couple times it was because someone was bidding at the same time but most were just plain failures. Not sure what I expect when I get home tomorrow since the servers will be under considerably more load.

Also, I have joined the multi-sandman club. Once I'm done with my current championship I'll be doing a El Camino vs. Sandman championship.:D

I am having trouble shifting some of the barn finds that I won in auction. Yet if I put them up for auction with a starting price of 100,000. Then I will most likely lose money on them. Instead of what was paid for them a few days ago.

I've dabbled with the Sandman trader scheme...

Right now, I've got two pre-tuned V8-swapped ND Miatas up for auction in the GT1 RM design. With all the mods they actually cost me about $75k each, not to mention the time spent tuning. Should be interesting to see what they go for.

Oh boy, the auction house is where I'm losing all my credits now. :lol: Bought a boatload of cars there yesterday. :D

I made an unsuccessful bid, but it still took my money. :confused:
Yeah, you need to recollect your credits manually. Not sure why they're not simply returning them automatically. :confused:

Yeah that bid error is annoying, it's mainly server issues. I think what's happening with the errors is; you get a bid error when you try to place a bid on a car that's already been bid higher, but your auction house hasn't caught up yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how long I should put up a barn find for sale.

Does anyone know if none-VIP members can buy the VIP cars such as as the Aventador SV?
No they can't.
I tried bidding on a Pre Order GT350 and the game didn't let me, it told me I don't own the DLC for it, so I suppose it's the same all around.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how long I should put up a barn find for sale.

The auction length isn't as important as what time it ends as most of the bidding is done in the last hour. Try to get it to end around 9-10pm either European or NA time as those are peak hours. I find waiting until the weekend is also not a bad idea.

I bought two Maserati A6GCS for a total of 500K :lol:

You overpaid.:P

The nice thing with getting them close to the 200k mark is that's the lowest they go so your chances of making a profit are fairly good and in the worst case you break even.:cheers:

I bought a 365gtb, two ff's, a f12, and a California for grand total of 220k(one of the ff's I got for 40k to flip, sold for 100) saved over a million I believe.

But hey i got 4k on my last wheelspin because I'm a vip, so it's a give and take

I used to play the auction house back in the day, but I haven't touched it yet. I'm off on Thursday, so I intend to get stuck in.

No they can't.
I tried bidding on a Pre Order GT350 and the game didn't let me, it told me I don't own the DLC for it, so I suppose it's the same all around.

Ah right, thanks for that. Makes sense really. They really knew what they were doing putting cars like the Aventador and the F12 as VIP cars considering that it's one of the first games to feature them... It's no problem for me, I bought the ultimate edition, I just feel sorry for those that can't afford it.

Is there a limit on how much you can buy or bid or sell on the auction house. I get a error everytime saying failed bid failed buyout plus saying I can sell anymore cars.

Back