Forza Horizon 3 Auction House Thread!

• Thread starter willbsn13
  • 728 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
Hey guys!

I thought I'd create a separate thread for Auction House activities. Since the General chat is moving so fast, I think it would make sense to have a dedicated thread.

So, what is this thread for? Well for everything AH related! If you've got a few new cars you're selling, post them in here! You know what they say, one mans waste is a another mans treasure ;)

Picked up a cheap steal that everybody needs to see? Post it in here! Wanna flex your muscles about how much you just spent on the latest Horizon Edition car? Feel free to share!

To get the ball rollin, here's my recent happenings. I managed to clear out a few unwanted cars from my garage last night:

ji126Sw.png

And here a few pick-ups from last night. 400k for a Murcielago (which I'm trying to flip) and 735k for a Horizon Edition 69 Camaro

OZHnXgz.png

LkXjgYe.png

So let's get posting!

Keep an eye out for any barn finds that are up for sale. Because if anyone sells there only barn finds, then they cannot buy them in the Auto Show. And due to this it will cause certain models to fetch a good price. Also some people have mentioned about the prices of Horizon Edition cars in the auction house.

I was able to pick up BJ Baldwin's trophy truck for $330k when it goes for $600k, that was nice. I might sell my HE GTR for the Viper if the prices are similar.

Also some people have mentioned about the prices of Horizon Edition cars in the auction house.

Yeah Horizon Edition cars are now going for a quite a bit of money.

One of the key attributing factors to that - there minimum bid price you can list them for is 200k. Factor that in with the amazing boosts they give, and yeah a lot of them are now going for $1-2m easily. I've tried to snipe a few for 600-800k but even that's getting harder. Their prices are only going to rise as more and more people continue to accumulate credits.

I sniped a RX-7 earlier today for only 100k, never seen one being posted so I had to go for the buyout as soon I saw it.
Now I can have a widebody and stock.

I loved the auction house during the 360 days and am happy to see it return in pretty much the same fashion. I was always amazed at what a simple paint job and a few upgrades could accomplish.:lol:

Thus far I've purchased a few cars and listed my HE E36.

Are there cheap cars or is everything overpriced.
Everything seems to be price pretty good right now. Lots of the expensive cars can be bought out from 50-30% off what the game wants. Or, if you can avoid a bidding war, even cheaper.

I think one member said the Auction House also has price limits, so that a car can only be sold for so less/much to curtail any issues.

I managed to snag a couple Dino's for 43,000.:D

Does anybody know how using someone else's paint works? I'd hate to use someone else's paint only to learn they get nothing from it.

Are there cheap cars or is everything overpriced.

I've gotten a few for less than 10,000, you just have to find the ones that aren't on the deals screen.

Bit of a heads up for anyone interested. Nobody is apparently paying attention to the Maserati A6GS/53 as I've just picked 3 up for 200,000/car. The game values them at 2,000,000 and they're Barn Finds so there is certainly room for profit, or just a cheap way to have a second one for tuning. I would have bought more but I'm limited on credits.

Bit of a heads up for anyone interested. Nobody is apparently paying attention to the Maserati A6GS/53 as I've just picked 3 up for 200,000/car. The game values them at 2,000,000 and they're Barn Finds so there is certainly room for profit, or just a cheap way to have a second one for tuning. I would have bought more but I'm limited on credits.

You can't sell auction cars, you can only put them back up for auction. So whatever value it says doesn't matter. It's what's the community sets the value at. I didn't see many Barnfinds selling, except for low money, so I'm figuring the value is low because you can just find them in game.

Sometimes you just have to buy what you like. Its a beautiful car

Last edited:
Once i finish the campaign I'm gonna start over and do nothing but flip cars. Its really addictive.

Bought a 370z for 5k and sold it right back for 10k. Bought a bmw m2 for 8k spent 4k on rims and sold it for 40k. I then start looking to see what people are willing to spend on what. Picked up a benz 130 e 2.5 for 50k. People are buying them for 100k easy. I switched the wheels and paint, i know I'll get atleast 120 for it but I'm just enjoying it for a few days first. This is actually more fun then doing the races.

You can't sell auction cars, you can only put them back up for auction. So whatever value it says doesn't matter. It's what's the community sets the value at. I didn't see many Barnfinds selling, except for low money, so I'm figuring the value is low because you can just find them in game.

Sometimes you just have to buy what you like. Its a beautiful car
I reckon @Northstar should wait few weeks before selling the three cars he won in auction. Because once people understand they cannot buy the barn finds in the Auto Show, then the value will increase. Also it should be mentioned that the Skyline R32 might be worth looking for on the auction house.

I reckon @Northstar should wait few weeks before selling the three cars he won in auction. Because once people understand they cannot buy the barn finds in the Auto Show, then the value will increase.

I'll probably hold onto them and my Dino's for a month or two.

I can't believe how many people post their midnight battle cars for cheap like that, they're not aware that they can't buy these cars back?
Grabbed two M3s for only 30k each.

I bagged myself a few of the Maserati's that @Northstar mentioned earlier. Along with three Dodge Charger Daytona's.

Was able to snag most of the barn finds like the r32 gtr, reliant, and the other none expensive ones for less than what the Forza suggested price was for them. All I'm missing now is the big barn finds like the ferraris and Maseratis etc.

Managed to get a second Meyers Manx for only 19K!

AwiIeeT.png

Also stoked with getting my fourth HE and probably my favorite so far, the BMW M4!

IBecqnu.png

I wanted to auction my no1 leaderboard car for D class, and it only let me name a price that was in the range of: car cost + parts cost + a small markup

of course that is not acceptable for a good creator, be it painter or tuner.

I think maybe this is a restriction put because of the billion error in which many people (me included) where given 1 billion upon leveling up in the very first hours of the game launch.
I know that all my friends -me included- that had received the billion, it was deducted from our accounts.
But the functionality of auction house still has these price-setting restrictions? why? are there any more people that still have the server error billion?

Back