Forza Horizon 3: Introducing the Regalia

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 63 comments
So tomorrow a long awaited update for FH3 probably?

- new CU
- new Forzathon events
- Regalia
- new DLC pack

I expect a news update on the Forza website today or tomorrow for the DLC pack.

So tomorrow a long awaited update for FH3 probably?

- new CU
- new Forzathon events
- Regalia
- new DLC pack

I expect a news update on the Forza website today or tomorrow for the DLC pack.

I wouldn't go expecting a new DLC pack as it's likely just going to be a hotpatch to add the Regalia.

I wouldn't go expecting a new DLC pack as it's likely just going to be a hotpatch to add the Regalia.

I'm sure there will be one, if money can be milked for sure Turn 10 will do so. They can easily sell new cars for FH3 which will be developed for FM7 anyway.

Got mine as well and had a quick look.

This trailer shows that the roof can be taken off, but I've had a go in Forzavista and there's no option to remove it:

Looks like the roof can be lowered afterall.

Last edited:
Fully upgraded (877HP/1895KG) it just about fits into S1 on race tyres. No swaps of any kind and only forza aero for visual customization

This trailer shows that the roof can be taken off, but I've had a go in Forzavista and there's no option to remove it:
I was able to lower the roof in Forzavista. I tried to photograph it but the photo always goes blurry. Not sure why.

Regalia.jpg

Tested the Regalia on the Goliath. Because it's a GT car, the game put me against a bunch of Rollses and a couple of Maseratis. Despite @Xenn being in my butt for half the race, the car takes the turns flat out 95% of the time. It does lack a high top speed though.

Last edited:
Its engine isn't an internal combustion one?

I demand pictures.

You basically have those cylinder head-like elements on the sides.... And then a frunk under the bonnet, right where the next of the engine'd be. Of course, the front portion of the car is tall enough that the engine could easily be sitting right underneath said front storage area, but then why the fake cylinder heads? :lol:

428faa75-92a5-4702-be4e-126650e59b10.PNG eba3de6c-ef73-48ba-9756-ac55dbde5083.PNG

Aren't these the engines? I think this is why in FFXV there are two tachometer needles.

(If you look closely at this GIF of the gauges you can see two needles; apologies for the sun glare)

insta001.gif

Although I do realize that the FH3 model only has one.

View attachment 664500 View attachment 664501

Aren't these the engines? I think this is why in FFXV there are two tachometer needles.

(If you look closely at this GIF of the gauges you can see two needles; apologies for the sun glare)

View attachment 664502

Although I do realize that the FH3 model only has one.

According to what we've been told, the car has a single, 7-litre V12 engine. It wouldn't make sense for the car to have two different RPM needles: if the car had two engines linked to the same transmission, they'd likely operate at the same revs.

P.S: now that I think about it, those could simply be two (oddly placed) superchargers. Duh.

According to what we've been told, the car has a single, 7-litre V12 engine. It wouldn't make sense for the car to have two different RPM needles: if the car had two engines linked to the same transmission, they'd likely operate at the same revs.

P.S: now that I think about it, those could simply be two (oddly placed) superchargers. Duh.
Heh, now that you mention it, two engines in this situation does sound kind of silly.

But those front trunk spaces look far too deep to house a 7L V12 underneath, unless I'm just overestimating the size of such an engine.

I'm more inclined to think that this car uses two 3,5L I6s which act like a 7L V12 split in half. There's no way a huge trunk space would fit anywhere near the huge V12.

As for the FFXV's Regalia, the devs could've gone as ridiculous as giving the car two transmissions as well.

IMG_0304.JPG

I thought I could see 8 exhaust pipes under those cylinder heads, so maybe two 3.5 litre straight eights. Pleasantly surprised by the handling.

With those suicide doors and no B pillar I would expect a degree of flex with the roof down!

Last edited:

I like it. It just loses to all of the V12 swaps though.

It falls short in top-end speed and acceleration, but makes up for it by having way more grip than you'd think a car this size would have. I tested it stock against some of the other big GT cars on Rainforest Circuit, and in some of the sweepers where I had to get on the brakes with the Wraith or Bentley to make it through safely, with the Regalia I just had to lift off for a second until it was turned in and then it'd just go right on through at full throttle without a care. I want to say it's due to the wheels being pushed so far outwards, but I'm sure the real reason is it's an imaginary car so it can do whatever the devs want it to do. Kinda like the Warthog, but not so blatantly cheaty since it isn't at the top of the class by default.

Also, another fun feature of the car: Drive around in 2nd or 3rd gear and keep revving it up to 6,000 rpm, and you get an impromptu fireworks show.

Yes, top down motoring would be a nice addition. If Test Drive Unlimited 2 could manage it (with some nice hood opening/closing animations on a number of cars plus some with removable roof panels) while you were driving around surely Forza Horizon could manage it.

I've been trying the Regalia on the Hot Wheels Goliath track, and it won't make the huge jump in the middle of the city. So I tuned it to the top of A class and it still won't make it.

Back