Forza Horizon 3-Post all your latest Photos :)

• Thread starter torque99
  • 2,066 comments
Loving the visuals! :embarrassed:

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original (1).png

The graphics of this game is...:eek::drool: Here's my awesome M4 images!
*Notices everyone else images*

Nevermind, my screenshots were terrible but still a rather pretty game nevertheless:

FH3 BMW M4.png

FH3 BMW M4 (2).png
FH3 BMW M4 (3).png
FH3 BMW M4 (4).png
FH3 BMW M4 (5).png
FH3 BMW M4 (6).png

One thing to point out that this is not my first car i chose, that HSV Maloo Ute was the first one because it sounds like the kind of pickup truck i would own. Also how to remove the UI and Text at the bottom left?

The graphics of this game is...:eek::drool: Here's my awesome M4 images!
*Notices everyone else images*

Nevermind, my screenshots were terrible but still a rather pretty game nevertheless:

View attachment 585045
View attachment 585046 View attachment 585048 View attachment 585044 View attachment 585049 View attachment 585047

One thing to point out that this is not my first car i chose, that HSV Maloo Ute was the first one because it sounds like the kind of pickup truck i would own. Also how to remove the UI and Text at the bottom left?
When you click photo mode, press "Hide UI".
YN7iItDh.jpg

Wow! So many stunning photos in this thread! :eek: I'm a big sucker when it comes to natural environments, so I really am liking these. I have to admit it, Australia has some of the most beautiful locations I've ever seen imo. Also the lighting and skies like the others mentioned, they really come together perfectly in FH3. Like in Driveclub, you get that natural feel from the graphics, and the environments are very alive. I'm loving it! *.*

Keep it up guys, your photos are fantastic! 👍

Btw, did anybody find the alligators yet? I manage to run over them. Mwahahaha!
evil_laugh_emoticon.gif

One of those things that were highlighted during the previews and everyone 'ooed' and 'awed' over was the sky. Sure, the clouds, rainbows, etc. are great - but for me, I'm really impressed by the look of the ocean - especially the transition from clear to white foam to green to dark blue. It's a sensational effect that sort of noticeable in my photo above, but it's REALLY apparent in torque99's shot. Great stuff!

One of those things that were highlighted during the previews and everyone 'ooed' and 'awed' over was the sky. Sure, the clouds, rainbows, etc. are great - but for me, I'm really impressed by the look of the ocean - especially the transition from clear to white foam to green to dark blue. It's a sensational effect that sort of noticeable in my photo above, but it's REALLY apparent in torque99's shot. Great stuff!
Same here, the ocean looks absolutely amazing!

Okay, first things first: this game's graphics are out of this world. If FH2 and FM6 were steps in the right direction, with progressively less cartoon-ish and more consistently realistic graphics, Horizon 3 is the first game in this decade-old saga that can seriously compete for the title of best-looking racing game out there. Hell, I am sure that in 4k and with HDR, it wins hands down.
The clearly improved lightning model - which really shines (no pun intended) at sunset and in when racing under the thick canopy of Australia's lush rainforest - is only part of a new strategy that clearly puts graphical fidelity at the centre of PG's renewed attack on the gearhead's senses.
A lot of effort clearly went into making not only the way light and particles, but the environment in general much more convincing. There's been a marked increase in the quality of environmental meshes and textures - which were perhaps one of the biggest weaknesses of Horizon 2 - and the foaming ocean, and big blue skies of Australia have all been replicated in a way that will surely make my fellow Forzatographers squeal with joy. GT Scapes, eat your heart out!
And yet the demo runs incredibly smooth, with no framerate drops. Which surprised me a bit, to be honest. Of course, it's entirely possible that the quality won't be as consistent across the board, or the game engine will falter when pushed by what will be no doubt an heavier workload; but PG has nothing to prove, so why risk the backlash of releasing a pumped-up demo only for the finished title to disappoint as soon as the player leaves the (already quite wide) confines of Byron Bay?
The sounds has also improved much; the Centenario's V12 sounds even more like the Emilian symphony that it's supposed to be; the beefy V8 of the Holden Maloo will growl with gusto, and the Ariel Nomad's Honda engine is simply insane. The new handling model - which makes the difference between an off-roader, a muscle and a supercar much more, but not too much meaningful - will probably turn even driving around in a Reliant Regal a pleasurable, almost addictive experience.
Overall, looking at Horizon 3 it's hard to believe it's made by the same guys that four years ago were launching the first Horizon - it's much more polished, much more fun, and we haven't even started yet.

But now, enough chit-chat. Have some shots.

Thanks to all for posting in this thread, loving the images and videos. Damn, missing my Xbox now (lol) but migrated to PC with this title as one of the main contenders I want to one day enjoy in 4K on a nice HDR display.

More more more....

GT350R Sunset Racing by MintyTS, on Flickr
Given the name, it's only fitting that the horizons in this game are absolutely gorgeous, even when it's absolute chaos and savagery in the foreground.

Basically just living out my "small house, expensive car" fantasy, here.

(But really, the detail on seemingly insignificant things really sets this game apart from other open world racers.)

GT350R Croc by MintyTS, on Flickr
Getting close to the wildlife.

A little too close.

(The crocs are actually just set pieces, and don't react to cars driving through them at all, which is kind of a bummer)

GT350R River Rafting by MintyTS, on Flickr
I knew it. I knew taking pictures of cars frolicking through bodies of water was gonna be a good time.

GT350R Water Snake by MintyTS, on Flickr
Even just sitting it water just shallow enough to avoid flooding the engine, the GT350R just looks...mean.

GT350R Under Cover by MintyTS, on Flickr
And finally parking the GT350R for the day after a long day of photoshoots.

EDIT:

Alright...what? How? That's...what? If I didn't see that vanity plate I'd think you were flat out lying about this being a video game, let alone one on an Xbox. I really need to spend some time taking night photos next time I boot up the demo, because that is just amazing. The skybox(and I thought the daytime one was good), and paint catching the light, the taillights, the license plate illumination, it's all just so good.

Last edited:
Back