Forza Horizon 4 - Colour Creation Database (CONSTANT WORK IN PROGRESS) *READ FIRST POST*

• Thread starter Mitcho2001
  • 4,341 comments

McLaren Cerberus Pearl: Which Version Should be Added to the Spreadsheet?

• JaCor653: Base - 0.72 L, 0.71 L, 0.97 R/Highlight - 0.11 L, 1.00 R, 0.96 R (Two-Tone Polished)

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Mitcho2001: Base - 0.63 R, 0.65 L, 0.98 R/Highlight - 0.08 R, 1.00 R, 0.99 L (Two-Tone Polished)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Could anybody do Mazda’s Aurora Blue Mica? I’d love it for my R3!

View attachment 871222
671B7995-B9A9-44A5-B18B-3E1142BAD78A.jpeg

875823DC-C95F-4B07-8E54-7482B6BB22A5.jpeg

Aurora Blue Mica
Paint Type:
Metal Flake
Base
Hue:
0.62 R
Saturation: 0.61 R
Brightness: 0.47 L
Flake
Hue:
0.59 L
Saturation: 1.00 R
Brightness: 0.53 L

Oddly enough, this is one of the few colours which actually requires another sample! Using the values given with the sample PaintRef has, the flake is rather pale and the colour is too dark overall.

Last edited:
View attachment 871249
Aurora Blue Mica
Paint Type:
Metal Flake
Base
Hue:
0.62 R
Saturation: 0.61 R
Brightness: 0.47 L
Flake
Hue:
0.59 L
Saturation: 1.00 R
Brightness: 0.53 L

Oddly enough, this is one of the few colours which actually requires another sample! Using the values given with the sample PaintRef has, the flake is rather pale and the colour is too dark overall.
Thanks so much!

Here’s a fun game look through all the factory colors in game for each car then do the ones that are missing if they missed any factory colors.

Here’s a fun game look through all the factory colors in game for each car then do the ones that are missing if they missed any factory colors.
That’s almost what I’m doing! Since the start, I’ve been adding colours from cars featuring in Gran Turismo and Forza titles, so I guess I am doing that right now. Even though it is time-consuming, the results are worth the wait.
Still, challenge accepted...

Here are some more colors :)

Rosso Siviglia (Lamborghini)

Paint Type:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 0.98L, 0.95R, 0.86L

Lamborghini Rosso Siviglia.png

Lamborghini Rosso Siviglia 2.png

Lamborghini Rosso Siviglia 3.png

Lamborghini Rosso Siviglia 4.png

Molten Orange (Ford)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.04L, 0.95R, 0.93L
- Flake: 0.06L, 0.89R, 0.98L

Ford Molten Orange.png

Ford Molten Orange 2.png

Ford Molten Orange 3.png

Ford Molten Orange 4.png

Bronze Fire Metallic (Ford)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.00L, 0.61R, 0.27L
- Flake: 0.00L, 0.67R, 0.80L

Ford Bronze Fire Metallic.png

Ford Bronze Fire Metallic 2.png

Ford Bronze Fire Metallic 3.png

Ford Bronze Fire Metallic 4.png

Green Envy (Ford)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.35L, 0.43R, 0.79L
- Flake: 0.32L, 0.46R, 0.89L

Ford Green Envy.png

Ford Green Envy 2.png

Ford Green Envy 3.png

Ford Green Envy 4.png

Panther Black Metallic (Ford)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.61L, 0.12R, 0.19L
- Flake: 0.61L, 0.06R, 0.20L

Ford Panther Black.png

Ford Panther Black 2.png

Ford Panther Black 3.png

Ford Panther Black 4.png

Dark Side Metallic (Ford)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.59L, 0.61R, 0.31L
- Flake: 0.57L, 0.19R, 0.19L

Ford Dark Side.png

Ford Dark Side 2.png

Ford Dark Side 3.png

Ford Dark Side 4.png

Molten Orange (Ford)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.04L, 0.95R, 0.93L
- Flake: 0.06L, 0.89R, 0.98L

ford-molten-orange-png.871581

ford-molten-orange-2-png.871582

ford-molten-orange-3-png.871583

ford-molten-orange-4-png.871584

Nice attempt at this color, but it is too orange. In real life, this color is more red, with an orange tinge.

20181026_105615.jpg
20190809_085224.jpg

Molten Orange (Ford)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.02L, 0.95R, 0.93L
- Flake Color: 0.04L, 0.89R, 0.98L

523a68c6-8e40-4189-a8a2-23c2eda87b6e.jpg

been a couple days so it looks like my request got overlooked... ill repost it.

what i want done is a olive green dbs superleggera based on this one: the On her majesty's secret service edition dbs superleggera.

aston-martin-dbs-superleggera-on-her-majesty-s-secret-service.jpg

not to mention the dbs superleggara color from the new bond film no time to die.

james-bond-no-time-to-die-trailer.jpg

If no one's done it sooner, I could look into it once spring arrives next Thursday.

EDIT: In the meantime, here are six more colors. Also, can someone explain to me why the Forza Motorsport website works so poorly? I went there to download my pictures, but it came up with a 404 error for no reason.

Sunflower Yellow (Chevrolet, General Motors)

Paint Type:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 0.15L, 0.57R, 0.92L

Forza Horizon 4.png

Performance White (Ford, Lincoln, Mercury)

Paint Type:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 0.17L, 0.04R, 1.00L

Forza Horizon 4 (2).png

Performance Blue (Hyundai)

Paint Type:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 0.58L, 0.29R, 0.92R

Forza Horizon 4 (3).png

Grigio Telesto (Lamborghini)

Paint Type:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 0.54L, 0.14R, 0.46L

Forza Horizon 4 (4).png

Rosso J (Lamborghini)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.00L, 1.00R, 0.65R
- Flake Color: 0.01L, 1.00R, 1.00R

Forza Horizon 4 (5).png

Amethyst (McLaren)

Paint Type:
Two-Tone Polished
- Base Color: 0.00L, 0.00L, 0.00L
- Highlight: 0.81L, 0.84R, 0.33L

McLaren Special Orders

Forza Horizon 4 (6).png

Last edited:
This Molten Orange situation is something that puzzles me when looking for reference images. Colors like this one will look very different and I'm not sure if the difference is entirely related to the lighting. In colors such as Blu Mediterraneo I'm convinced that either the manufacturer changed the sample over the years or there's something else in there being called "Blu Mediterraneo" or "Molten Orange" by the websites when it's not.

For example, the version of Blu Mediterraneo by @MadaraxUchiha is accurate from 2014 onwards, but earlier years appear to be noticeably darker. Now this situation with Molten Orange, which is clearly orange in the references provided by @MadaraxUchiha and red in the ones provided by @JaCor653 so it's very hard to reproduce these colors.

My guess... These colors, and others, use coats very sensitive to sunlight. If you bathe the car in sun you'll get a much brighter color than with artificial light or dimmed natural light. You guys literally have your hands full with it since if you up the flake's brightness you'll brighten the whole car, and vice-versa.

Still it's nice to see you don't shy away from challenges. Saffron Yellow for example is very hard to recreate, reputed to look much different in person, yet you did it anyway.

This Molten Orange situation is something that puzzles me when looking for reference images. Colors like this one will look very different and I'm not sure if the difference is entirely related to the lighting. In colors such as Blu Mediterraneo I'm convinced that either the manufacturer changed the sample over the years or there's something else in there being called "Blu Mediterraneo" or "Molten Orange" by the websites when it's not.

For example, the version of Blu Mediterraneo by @MadaraxUchiha is accurate from 2014 onwards, but earlier years appear to be noticeably darker. Now this situation with Molten Orange, which is clearly orange in the references provided by @MadaraxUchiha and red in the ones provided by @JaCor653 so it's very hard to reproduce these colors.

My guess... These colors, and others, use coats very sensitive to sunlight. If you bathe the car in sun you'll get a much brighter color than with artificial light or dimmed natural light. You guys literally have your hands full with it since if you up the flake's brightness you'll brighten the whole car, and vice-versa.

Still it's nice to see you don't shy away from challenges. Saffron Yellow for example is very hard to recreate, reputed to look much different in person, yet you did it anyway.
Well, the version I used for Molten Orange is from the Ford Fiesta, while the examples @JaCor653 provided are used on the Ford Focus and Ford F-150. My guess is that maybe it does look more orange on the Fiesta and more red on the Focus and F-150. Maybe we can add both to the chart?

If no one's done it sooner, I could look into it once spring arrives next Thursday.
View attachment 871734

Was that intended for my request? If so ty. Although I hope u can get it done earlier then next Thursday. I don't really want to wait until December 12th for the request to be finished... The Olive Green Metallic DBS Superleggera should be easy to replicate considering it's suppose to be the same color as the 1969 DBS from on her majesty's secret service

while the examples @JaCor653 provided are used on the Ford Focus and Ford F-150.
Um, that was Ford Fiesta ST... Both of the images I posted were of vehicles I've actually seen in real life around town. I've never seen a Molten Orange Ford look as orange as your version is.

Was that intended for my request? If so ty. Although I hope u can get it done earlier then next Thursday. I don't really want to wait until December 12th for the request to be finished... The Olive Green Metallic DBS Superleggera should be easy to replicate considering it's suppose to be the same color as the 1969 DBS from on her majesty's secret service

I want to wait until spring so that I can have better painting lighting. I do all of my work at Edinburgh Castle, so I need good, sunny lighting to produce accurate color replicas. The winter lighting is not great for that. Not everyone has the same method as I do, and that's why I said if no one's done it sooner, I will take a look at it once spring gets here.

Last edited:
Um, that was Ford Fiesta ST... Both of the images I posted were of vehicles I've actually seen in real life around town. I've never seen a Molten Orange Ford look as orange as your version is.

I want to wait until spring so that I can have painting lighting. I do all if my work at Bamburgh Castle, so I need good, sunny lighting to produce accurate color replicas. The winter lighting is not great for that. Not everyone hase the same method as I do, and that's why I said if no one's done it sooner, I will take a look at it once spring gets here.
I mean, here’s another example of a Molten Orange F-150 so I don’t know at this point:

C1EBF2DF-1D20-4461-96F0-41FE366D8C82.jpeg
9037156A-DA33-465B-8A34-DC652E02BE20.jpeg

I guess it changes depending on the lighting, because in these examples and the other examples I shown it looks more orange. Also, we based our paints on very different reference images. Yours are from what you’ve seen in person and mine are from the pics I found. So far, every reference picture of Molten Orange that I’ve seen, the paint looks more orange than red.

EFDC5FC9-3ECC-4C71-ADAC-46B3C11E5B46.jpeg

Honestly, you can just put your example in the chart because I guess I’m wrong and I’m not going to keep debating it. The references I used can’t compare to the real life example so I guess I’m ****ed in this case.

Last edited:
I mean, here’s another example of a Molten Orange F-150 so I don’t know at this point:

View attachment 871785 View attachment 871786

I guess it changes depending on the lighting, because in these examples and the other examples I shown it looks more orange. Also, we based our paints on very different reference images. Yours are from what you’ve seen in person and mine are from the pics I found. So far, every reference picture of Molten Orange that I’ve seen, the paint looks more orange than red.

View attachment 871787

Honestly, you can just put your example in the chart because I guess I’m wrong and I’m not going to keep debating it. The references I used can’t compare to the real life example so I guess I’m ****ed in this case.

Thank you. I didn't want to automatically put my version in the chart, as that would be arrogant. I was waiting for you or someone else to give me confirmation if some kind. I'll add the color in tomorrow.

been a couple days so it looks like my request got overlooked... ill repost it.

what i want done is a olive green dbs superleggera based on this one: the On her majesty's secret service edition dbs superleggera.

aston-martin-dbs-superleggera-on-her-majesty-s-secret-service.jpg

not to mention the dbs superleggara color from the new bond film no time to die.

james-bond-no-time-to-die-trailer.jpg
I reckon I’ll give this one a go today. Though the only way I could try and recreate it is travelling to Lego Valley, as the paint and livery editor is completely different; just a blank space. I’ll have a look around and try to find some paint samples of Olive Green, or try and “eyeball” it if there’s nothing.

I reckon I’ll give this one a go today. Though the only way I could try and recreate it is travelling to Lego Valley, as the paint and livery editor is completely different; just a blank space. I’ll have a look around and try to find some paint samples of Olive Green, or try and “eyeball” it if there’s nothing.

k ty for getting it done. i found a site that may help a bit when it comes to getting the right colour. https://media.astonmartin.com/aston-martin-dbs-superleggera-is-on-her-majestys-secret-service/

Kinetic Blue (Chevrolet)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.63L, 0.87L, 0.44L
- Flake Color: 0.59L, 0.95R, 0.84R

Chevrolet's Kinetic Blue is also used by Cadillac, General Motors, and GMC. For 2020, GMC now calls the color Marine Blue.

19c05afd-5bd9-40cd-9f52-c26fb1a4242c.jpg

Tahitian Green Pearl (Honda)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.52L, 1.00R, 0.35L
- Flake Color: 0.51R, 0.78R, 0.77R

37ac2313-f50a-457e-b496-aee178b19599.jpg

Dark Cherry Red (Hyundai)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.97L, 0.81R, 0.34L
- Flake Color: 0.97L, 0.72R, 0.75L

613c7c71-a03c-4065-b521-242d90f48b6a.jpg

Lumilectric (Mercedes-Benz)

Paint Type:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 0.19L, 1.00R, 1.00R

756e58eb-644f-4be6-82e7-d00e2bcf3696.jpg

Desert Khaki (Subaru)

Paint Type:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 0.12R, 0.13L, 0.64R

Subaru's Deserk Kahki was called Lunar Storm by Scion.

d891eae3-371d-405e-b6c4-8dc79f05510e.jpg

WR Blue Pearl (Subaru)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.59R, 0.92R, 0.45R
- Flake Color: 0.57R, 0.82R, 0.91L

4df51e1f-1eed-4e6b-a049-d2ae0c0df76d.jpg

Last edited:
Kinetic Blue (Chevrolet)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.63L, 0.87L, 0.44L
- Flake Color: 0.59L, 0.95R, 0.84R

View attachment 872156

Tahitian Green Pearl (Honda)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.52L, 1.00R, 0.35L
- Flake Color: 0.51R, 0.78R, 0.77R

View attachment 872145

Dark Cherry Red (Hyundai)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.97L, 0.81R, 0.34L
- Flake Color: 0.97L, 0.72R, 0.75L

View attachment 872146

Lumilectric (Mercedes-Benz)

Paint Type:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 0.19L, 1.00R, 1.00R

View attachment 872147

Desert Khaki (Subaru)

Paint Type:
Normal (Gloss)
- 0.12R, 0.13L, 0.64R

View attachment 872148

WR Blue Pearl (Subaru)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.59R, 0.92R, 0.45R
- Flake Color: 0.57R, 0.82R, 0.91L

View attachment 872149
Damn. Three of those colors were on my backlist of colors to do haha I did Tahitian Green Pearl and Desert Khaki a long time ago, but I didn't like how they turned out so I scrapped them for a later time. I also had Lumilectric on my list as well, and came up with values but I didn't do it because I wasn't sure what kind of paint job it was. Well, now I don't have to worry about doing them :lol:

Top Banana (Dodge)

Paint Type:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 0.14L, 0.82R, 0.87L

Dodge Top Banana.png

Dodge Top Banana 2.png

Dodge Top Banana 3.png

Dodge Top Banana 4.png

TorRed (Dodge)

Paint Type:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 1.00L, 0.86R, 0.73L

Dodge TorRed.png

Dodge TorRed 2.png

Dodge TorRed 3.png

Dodge TorRed 4.png

Arancio Atlas (Lamborghini)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.08L, 0.95R, 0.97L
- Flake: 0.09L, 0.96R, 0.99L

Lamborghini Arancio Atlas.png

Lamborghini Arancio Atlas 2.png

Lamborghini Arancio Atlas 3.png

Lamborghini Arancio Atlas 4.png

Inferno Red (Kia)

Paint Type:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 0.99L, 0.87R, 0.87L

Kia Inferno Red.png

Kia Inferno Red 2.png

Kia Inferno Red 3.png

Kia Inferno Red 4.png

Orange Fire Pearl (Honda)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.05L, 0.89R, 0.96L
- Flake: 0.05L, 0.71R, 0.95L

Honda Orange Fire Pearl.png

Honda Orange Fire Pearl 2.png

Honda Orange Fire Pearl 3.png

Honda Orange Fire Pearl 4.png

Silicon Silver Metallic (Jaguar)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.50L, 0.03R, 0.41L
- Flake: 0.11L, 0.02R, 0.76L

Jaguar Silicon Silver.png

Jaguar Silicon Silver 2.png

Jaguar Silicon Silver 3.png

Jaguar Silicon Silver 4.png

Firenze Red Metallic (Jaguar)

Paint Color:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.98L, 0.86R, 0.58L
- Flake: 0.98L, 0.91R, 0.82L

Jaguar Firenze Red.png

Jaguar Firenze Red 2.png

Jaguar Firenze Red 3.png

Jaguar Firenze Red 4.png

Last edited:
Forgot to add these ones :)

Micro Blue (Kia)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.63L, 0.82R, 0.64L
- Flake: 0.57L, 0.81R, 0.83L

Kia Micro Blue.png

Kia Micro Blue 2.png

Kia Micro Blue 3.png

Kia Micro Blue 4.png

@JaCor653 I hope you didn't add Sunset Yellow to the list because I went back and redid it. This is the new value. The one before was too dark.

Sunset Yellow (Kia)

Paint Type:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 0.15L, 0.94R, 0.99L

Kia Sunset Yellow.png

Kia Sunset Yellow 2.png

Kia Sunset Yellow 3.png

Kia Sunset Yellow 4.png

Last edited:
Damn. Three of those colors were on my backlist of colors to do haha I did Tahitian Green Pearl and Desert Khaki a long time ago, but I didn't like how they turned out so I scrapped them for a later time. I also had Lumilectric on my list as well, and came up with values but I didn't do it because I wasn't sure what kind of paint job it was. Well, now I don't have to worry about doing them :lol:

Ha! I stole the opportunity to do those colors from you. That's what I meant a month ago when said it seemed like you were "stealing" colors from me. You weren't literally stealing the colors; as we discussed, that's not possible. What you were doing was stealing the opportunity to make and share the colors. I just never explained that. I was disappointed and even a little upset at the time, but it doesn't matter to me anymore. There's nothing wrong with a little friendly competition, right?

Also, I based Desert Kakhi on a picture I took of a car painted that color. I do that a lot. Three months ago or so, I decided to go "hunting" for colors to replicate around town (on sunny days, of course) and take pictures of them. I did that for colors such as Amped (Jeep), Billet Silver (Jeep), Burnidhed Copper (Kia), the aforementioned Desert Kakhi, and others.

Also also, I was planning on doing Firenze Red Metallic, and filing it under Land Rover. Later today, I'll add it to the spreadsheet for both Jaguar and Land Rover, since both manufacturers use the color.

Here are a few more colors :)

Jupiter Red (Mercedes-Benz)

Paint Type:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 0.96L, 0.97R, 0.84L

Mercedes Benz Jupiter Red.png

Mercedes Benz Jupiter Red 2.png

Mercedes Benz Jupiter Red 3.png

Mercedes Benz Jupiter Red 4.png

I have two versions of Rally Red Metallic (Mitsubishi) because I couldn't decide which was more accurate so I'll need your help picking which one @JaCor653 or @Mitcho2001 :)

Rally Red Metallic (Mitsubishi)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.97L, 0.87R, 0.72L
- Flake: 0.98L, 0.61R, 0.92L

Mitsubishi Rally Red Metallic.png

Mitsubishi Rally Red Metallic 2.png

Mitsubishi Rally Red Metallic 3.png

Mitsubishi Rally Red Metallic 4.png

Rally Red Metallic (Mitsubishi) (ver. 2)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.97L, 0.87R, 0.72L
- Flake: 0.95L, 0.73R, 0.94L

Mitsubishi Rally Red Metallic 5.png

Mitsubishi Rally Red Metallic 6.png

Mitsubishi Rally Red Metallic 7.png

Mitsubishi Rally Red Metallic 8.png

Performance Red (Ford)

Paint Type:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 0.00L, 0.84R, 0.96L

Ford Performance Red.png

Ford Performance Red 2.png

Ford Performance Red 3.png

Ford Performance Red 4.png

So, for such a simple color, this one has been giving me trouble because there are so many examples online and they all have varying degrees of brightness/darkness. It's Torch Red (Ford). This is the one I did, but @JaCor653 I'd like you to do it and see what you come up with because it has me stumped. I don't know how accurate mine is.

Torch Red (Ford)

Paint Type:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 0.00L, 1.00R, 0.90L

Ford Torch Red.png

Ford Torch Red 2.png

Ford Torch Red 3.png

Ford Torch Red 4.png

Last edited:
Apologies if this was missed, but I would appreciate this Audi colour being recreated, please?

Audi Peridot Green

dsc_0450.0x1000.jpg
dsc_0444.0x1000.jpg

Are there any pictures of it in direct sunlight? Otherwise, the color that is created will be dull and dark like that one.

It seems rather washed out in natural light. There's a direct sunlight sample there, too.

e2b73049-audi-rs5-sportback-green-.jpg audi-rs7-sportback-2015-c412910032016102721_2.jpg 31885717592_6f7d07aec0_b.jpg

Torch Red (Ford)

Paint Type:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 0.00L, 1.00R, 0.90L

ford-torch-red-png.872679

ford-torch-red-2-png.872680

ford-torch-red-3-png.872681

ford-torch-red-4-png.872682

I am at school, so I can't take a picture and do this properly, but here is is:

Torch Red (Ford)

Paint Type:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 0.00L, 0.86R, 0.66R

I just put the PaintRef sample into the Color Picker. I have not checked the values in-game yet, but I assume they are accurate. PaintRef is accurate about 95% of the time for gloss colors, so I have faith in it.

Last edited:
Love your work. Could you try and make the Auburn Sky Pearl from the first gen IS300? My friend owns a car with that colour, and would love to see it in FH4. Thanks! Keep up the great work

Attachments

• 1074113_578784272160641_1156283083_o.jpg
    1074113_578784272160641_1156283083_o.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Lexus_IS200_Auburn_Sky_Pearl.jpg
    Lexus_IS200_Auburn_Sky_Pearl.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 9
Back