Forza Horizon 4, F1 2018 up for Awards at Gamescom 2018

you dont get it... apples (sport games like F1, FIFA...) and oranges (racing games like GT, Forza...)
You basically expanded absolutely nothing with that point and conveniently ignored everything else. Care to address the whole post?

You basically expanded absolutely nothing with that point and conveniently ignored everything else. Care to address the whole post?
yeah sorry im too lazy :D

Yeah, that only took about what, 13 years for that to happen? Out of curiosity, what are some examples of significant changes to the core game that you think should be implemented/changed?

I am not a interested in FH so its quite dificult to comment on that. I am just saying it looks like its the same game with a different map for 8 years...

Oh, another game that also isn't reinventing the genre either? Weird.. GTS did change compared to it's past iteration, but its not really bringing in anything that wasn't already being done by other games.

Well, scapes are a pretty big deal for anyone that is into photographing... Its a huge achievement for PD and must have been quite a journey to make it work so well. It also brought some really good enhancements like the online ranking system which is the best on the market...

I am not a interested in FH so its quite dificult to comment on that. I am just saying it looks like its the same game with a different map for 8 years...
It didn't seem so difficult in your opening comments. So essentially you're complaining for the sake of complaing? How did you even form your opinion in the first place then?

Well, scapes are a pretty big deal for anyone that is into photographing
Scapes are just part of the photomode that has been there. It's hardly different than what was in place before it. In fact, it's a lesser version of what it was before because now they're just pretty photographs rather than actual modeled locations. The photomode and the idea of scapes is not new.

Its a huge achievement for PD and must have been quite a journey to make it work so well.
It was a huge change, dropping their open CARPG style of a game for a strict BOP class-based racing. True it's new to the series, but its really not reinventing the wheel in that regard(which is hard to do with this genre anyways).

It also brought some really good enhancements like the online ranking system which is the best on the market...
That is one aspect that I can't fully disagree with. They made it out pretty well, even if there seems to be hiccups.

If people finds open world arcade racing to be more fun than a simulator ... then what does a simulator need to prevail !?
More cars ?
More tracks ?
Better career mode ?
Better engines sounds ?
Am i missing something ?

Edit #1 :
I read on google that FH was made to attract the casual players.
So does that make other simulators anti-casuals ?

Will they have updated interior steering wheel animations on this new game? I’m kinda getting tired of the 90 degree animations in Forza games. It’s a bit Arcady in my opinion. But still looking forward to seeing how this game will be.

Another example of how the gaming industry is still a joke other than the money it makes. It's embarrassingly immature in ways. I mean giving awards to games that aren't even out!

You don't see that sort of nonsense at the Oscars or even the VMAs.

Another example of how the gaming industry is still a joke other than the money it makes. It's embarrassingly immature in ways. I mean giving awards to games that aren't even out!

You don't see that sort of nonsense at the Oscars or even the VMAs.

The awards are essentially "best of show", kind of like at various auto shows vehicles win awards without them actually being on sale.

bf3
All its very simple i think - seems some GT fans just CANT accept that another Forza game/iteration is just getting better and better.
Nothing new?Well,its not like GT not doingsame overand over..Sport moved other direction,but whats really new there?You still driving cars.
In such news/threads yo u can literally come to read some absolute pearls :D
Welcome to 2011! Where only GT and Forza fans exist so if you criticize one of the two you must be a fan boy of the other!

Welcome to 2011! Where only GT and Forza fans exist so if you criticize one of the two you must be a fan boy of the other!
Welcome to 2018! Where people don’t bother reading the thread or bother with th context and reply directly to one single post, even though that was directed to a rather vocal poster that brought it up and had an issue that Forza had achieved something that GTS didn't, insinuating that they aren’t truthful!

Last edited:
Welcome to 2018! Where people don’t bother reading the thread or bother with th context and reply directly to one single post, even though that was directed to a rather vocal poster that brought it up and had an issue that Forza had achieved something that GTS didn't, insinuating that they aren’t truthful!
In 2018 also you can't assume people's gender, but you can indeed assume people's fanboysms! What a time to be alive!

In 2018 also you can't assume people's gender, but you can indeed assume people's fanboysms! What a time to be alive!
So it seems you still haven’t read anything. Given the context of the post it was extremely easy to tell he was responding to the points that the one person that brought up GTS. Not sure why that was such a difficult task for you.

So it seems you still haven’t read anything. Given the context of the post it was extremely easy to tell he was responding to the points that the one person that brought up GTS. Not sure why that was such a difficult task for you.
OR you guys are just assuming things for the sake of making a keyboard war out of it

OR you guys are just assuming things for the sake of making a keyboard war out of it
Or you're still blind to the fact that the person that is being replied to literally brought up GTS himself complaining about the fact that Forza got an award, hence why he was labeled as a GT fan. Read just a tiny bit, it goes a long way.

Or you're still blind to the fact that the person that is being replied to literally brought up GTS himself complaining about the fact that Forza got an award, hence why he was labeled as a GT fan. Read just a tiny bit, it goes a long way.
You insist in telling me I didn't read the topic when actually you guys are reading too much into other's words. He brought up GT talking about last year's contest, in which Forza was present too. If I brought up F1 2018 for this year's contest I wouldn't be labeled as a F1 Codemasters fanboy, that's for sure.
Fact is that is too much easy and fun for you feeding old keyboard wars such as GT Vs Forza just for the sake of feeding flames and low key accusing of fanboysm, instead of having a serious conversation with someone who has a different opinion than yours.
So yeah I can't respect your behavior honestly

You insist in telling me I didn't read the topic when actually you guys are reading too much into other's words.
I'm insisting you read because you obviously missed the part where someone brought up GT to insinuate that the awards given were not earned, because it made Forza appear better. Something that poster didn't like. No one's reading too much into anything, in fact, it's a lack of reading going on with you apparently.

He brought up GT talking about last year's contest, in which Forza was present too.
He brought up GT only to insist that the award earned wasn't rightful, and also slanted the opposing game in turn.

If I brought up F1 2018 for this year's contest I wouldn't be labeled as a F1 Codemasters fanboy, that's for sure.
You're exactly right, you wouldn't. However, if you just get offended at the fact that a different game than the one you like got an award, and continued to berate said game, then it would actually look like that.

Fact is that is too much easy and fun for you feeding old keyboard wars such as GT Vs Forza just for the sake of feeding flames and low key accusing of fanboysm, instead of having a serious conversation with someone who has a different opinion than yours.
A serious conversation was had, and it basically boiled down to the person that is berating the game has never even played it in the first place. So that soon went out the window.

So yeah I can't respect your behavior honestly
What behavior? I didn't say anything about fanboyism at all, that was all you. If you aren't respecting me because of something someone else said, that's pretty dumb.

Obvious troll. I can't believe almost 20 messages later people are still arguing with you.

Guys, STOP feeding his trolling and he'll be gone in no time.

I'm insisting you read because you obviously missed the part where someone brought up GT to insinuate that the awards given were not earned, because it made Forza appear better. Something that poster didn't like. No one's reading too much into anything, in fact, it's a lack of reading going on with you apparently.

He brought up GT only to insist that the award earned wasn't rightful, and also slanted the opposing game in turn.

You're exactly right, you wouldn't. However, if you just get offended at the fact that a different game than the one you like got an award, and continued to berate said game, then it would actually look like that.

A serious conversation was had, and it basically boiled down to the person that is berating the game has never even played it in the first place. So that soon went out the window.

What behavior? I didn't say anything about fanboyism at all, that was all you. If you aren't respecting me because of something someone else said, that's pretty dumb.
Yeah, I made a mistake including you into my description. It was indeed referred to bf3 and his post I quoted in the beginning though. You did defend him but you had a respectful conversation with both me and Lord Protector. I apologize.

Yeah, I made a mistake including you into my description. It was indeed referred to bf3 and his post I quoted in the beginning though. You did defend him but you had a respectful conversation with both me and Lord Protector. I apologize.
It's no problem. I realize that the comment that you quoted was a bit extreme, I'm just pointing out that that conversation was a two way street, not one-sided like you made it out to be.

I'll also end with apologizing for being a bit pushy.

It's no problem. I realize that the comment that you quoted was a bit extreme, I'm just pointing out that that conversation was a two way street, not one-sided like you made it out to be.

I'll also end with apologizing for being a bit pushy.
I see his (Lord Protector's) assumptions were indeed random and not very competent, but the derailing the convo into a GT fans Vs Forza fans thing is what triggered me hahah.
Have a good day :cheers:

Back