Forza Horizon 4, F1 2018 up for Awards at Gamescom 2018

Hold on, is this new or have we started issuing awards for games before they are even in the hands of the general public now? How is Forza Horizon 4 on that list at all? I must be missing something, is this standard practice and I somehow missed the memo? FH3 I would give the nod instantly but not being able to actually purchase FH4 and play it yet it's up for awards is somewhat ridiculous.

Hold on, is this new or have we started issuing awards for games before they are even in the hands of the general public now? How is Forza Horizon 4 on that list at all? I must be missing something, is this standard practice and I somehow missed the memo? FH3 I would give the nod instantly but not being able to actually purchase FH4 and play it yet it's up for awards is somewhat ridiculous.

Game shows have always given awards to games that are being displayed there.

:confused:

There's always a bunch of awards at E3, almost exclusively for games that aren't out yet.

These games will be playable on the show floor next week. All this list is, is a pre-emptive showing of which titles are in which categories. At this point, the organizers know which titles will be there, so this is just getting ahead of the curve, really.

They've been doing this for years it is ridiculous.
Let's not wait to see what it does in sales, how the developers support it after release, or what the multiplayer numbers look like in six months.
What we have (as with most other things in the world) is a handful of people in charge of distributing pats on the back and awards.

Which is funny because we the consumer are in charge of money distribution to fill their coffers.

I'll wait for my fellow gamers to voice their opinions on a title before I ever pay attention to developers giving each other plastic trophies.

Let's not wait to see what it does in sales, how the developers support it after release, or what the multiplayer numbers look like in six months.
What we have (as with most other things in the world) is a handful of people in charge of distributing pats on the back and awards.

Which is funny because we the consumer are in charge of money distribution to fill their coffers.

I'll wait for my fellow gamers to voice their opinions on a title before I ever pay attention to developers giving each other plastic trophies.

I think you're overlooking the fact this is a trade show and these awards are awarding what is shown there. This is something that is done at pretty much every trade show regardless of what is being demonstrated.

:lol: what??? Its an award for a the best racing game at gamescom. Why on earth would sales have anything to do with it??

So is FIFA, NHL, NBA and pretty much every other sport game... Apples and oranges.

Yeah, those games are centred around a sport, so there is not much they can change with each instalment.

The Horizon series is also centred around a particular theme - It represents a global racing festival featuring performance cars. How much would you expect the game to change?

Yeah, those games are centred around a sport, so there is not much they can change with each instalment.

The Horizon series is also centred around a particular theme - It represents a global racing festival featuring performance cars. How much would you expect the game to change?
What kind of question even is that? :D well out of my head God of War for PS4 is a good example... I mean, every game is centered around something but that does not mean it cannot develop and change to better.

FH on the other hand stalls. So does FM.

So is FIFA, NHL, NBA and pretty much every other sport game... Apples and oranges.
But the fact is. Its not the same cars they are brand new ones, pretty awesome too. Their is plenty of new features.
Like buy houses, drag tyres, new 1/4 mile strip at the festival, seasons. 35 new widebody kits, track width and so Much more

What kind of question even is that? :D well out of my head God of War for PS4 is a good example... I mean, every game is centered around something but that does not mean it cannot develop and change to better.

It's much harder to do with a racing game. If you try and drastically change something in a franchise, you end up with a serious identity crisis (i.e. Need For Speed) or you alienate a core group of fans (do I really need an example for this one?).

And I fail to see how FH has "stalled". As @Ande3200 Said above, FH4 probably has the most new features of any Horizon instalment to date, some of which change how progression is structured.

Open world car games are non existent nowadays so Horizon got a huge advantage,i would like to see if next Gamescom Asseto Corsa Competizione loses to Forza 8 lol
It will. Racing-Award givers are usually total imbeciles. I mean FM7 won against GT Sport easily...

:lol: what??? Its an award for a the best racing game at gamescom. Why on earth would sales have anything to do with it??

You've completely missed my point.

Anyway, is FH4 really considered a racing game? I thought it was more of an open world driving game. Surprised F1 didn't win.

I look at it as something different I guess, a fun good looking break from the serious league stuff I do.

It's coming to PC so I'll pick it up.

The racing genre pretty much covers anything when the objective is to drive. Many game sites and stores even put Euro Truck Simulation 2 under "Racing Game".

The racing genre pretty much covers anything when the objective is to drive. Many game sites and stores even put Euro Truck Simulation 2 under "Racing Game".

If we are being really really reeeeally pedantic, you can race against the clock in that game. 💡

So now you're going against your own point?

Yeah, that only took about what, 13 years for that to happen? Out of curiosity, what are some examples of significant changes to the core game that you think should be implemented/changed?

It will. Racing-Award givers are usually total imbeciles. I mean FM7 won against GT Sport easily...
Oh, another game that also isn't reinventing the genre either? Weird.. GTS did change compared to it's past iteration, but its not really bringing in anything that wasn't already being done by other games.

You really have that big of an issue with these outlets choosing one game over another?

Last edited:
I think I know what swung the award away from F1 '18:

(Possible language warning)

All its very simple i think - seems some GT fans just CANT accept that another Forza game/iteration is just getting better and better.
Nothing new?Well,its not like GT not doingsame overand over..Sport moved other direction,but whats really new there?You still driving cars.
In such news/threads yo u can literally come to read some absolute pearls :D

Back