Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
I actually came across this post a week ago and remembered that I tried searching for the Capri FE for a number of times in the auction house, but no results appeared. Back then, I thought it's just extremely unlikely for people to auction the car, since as far as I knew the only way to obtain it normally would be via completing a certain Star Card (which would take too much time for me).

Seeing this post made me think that it's quite possible to catch one via the auction house, and inspired me to at least search for it once every time I decided to play.

And today, finally I got one:
View attachment 997469
I’ve seen a few but didn’t have enough credits after buying a few duplicate cars.

Oh, sorry. I don’t know if that’s available to players without Gold. Hopefully it is. Good luck.

Tried. Can confirm you need gold to participate. Handily, the Alpine was also in the Forzathon shop this week so I picked it up there instead.

I have to say, the Alpine is one sweet driving car. It feels more buttoned down than even the relatively good handling Porsche 718 GTS, but it also feels more agile. You can really use the brakes and the throttle to balance the car throughout the corner (without going into wild slides) in a way I haven't found many other cars capable of in this game. Like it reminds me of how an MR car feels to drive IRL. Not only that, but the gearing is shorter than the 718 GTS so it actually feels snappier and more alive despite it being slower. The sounds is pretty good as well. It's probably one of my favorite cars now, I like it that much. Makes me even more crestfallen that it is forbidden fruit to us North American folks. :ouch:

Tried. Can confirm you need gold to participate. Handily, the Alpine was also in the Forzathon shop this week so I picked it up there instead.

I have to say, the Alpine is one sweet driving car. It feels more buttoned down than even the relatively good handling Porsche 718 GTS, but it also feels more agile. You can really use the brakes and the throttle to balance the car throughout the corner (without going into wild slides) in a way I haven't found many other cars capable of in this game. Like it reminds me of how an MR car feels to drive IRL. Not only that, but the gearing is shorter than the 718 GTS so it actually feels snappier and more alive despite it being slower. The sounds is pretty good as well. It's probably one of my favorite cars now, I like it that much. Makes me even more crestfallen that it is forbidden fruit to us North American folks. :ouch:
I hardly saw any French cars during my family trip to the USA. I only saw two Citroens, which was a Citroen H Van and a purple Citroen 2CV.

I hardly saw any French cars during my family trip to the USA. I only saw two Citroens, which was a Citroen H Van and a purple Citroen 2CV.

They were more popular I believe in New England when they were available. Ironic considering that harsh environment ensured that almost none of them survived. My family had 5 Peugeots. 3 504s and 2 505s. Every one of them rusted into oblivion...except for the one that burned to the ground. They are all with the earth now.

Last edited:
@Milouse hasnt added the car to the Kudosprime site yet. I keep going to tick it off and it's not there....

Vite! Vite! :lol:
Oh crap !
It was listed on the website since I added it the day before the season change, but i just forgot to refresh the quick search list :(
Fixed

Last edited:
Since it’s Pi Day in the US (3.14); is anyone aware if any of the shops in the game have pies on display in the windows?

Ugh. Just a warning. The last race in the Co-op Championship (eligible car any Lotus A800, reward car Lotus Eleven) is the full Goliath.

Interesting championship, this. Took me 8 goes to win it in the Lotus Esprit V8. In the first race, my car just didn't have enough power, and then in the last section of twisties, I was usually blocked by slower NPCs weaving all over the road.

The second race was more or less a demolition by the player team every time.

The Goliath is evidently not a race that many players like. I won 6 of the 8 Goliaths, by some distance. But each time, I was matched with players who couldn't keep pace. I would be me, then 6 NPCs, then the rest of the players.

Eventually I was able to get our team to score enough points by acting as a Safety Car, which dragged the players into contention.

Interesting championship, this. Took me 8 goes to win it in the Lotus Esprit V8. In the first race, my car just didn't have enough power, and then in the last section of twisties, I was usually blocked by slower NPCs weaving all over the road.

The second race was more or less a demolition by the player team every time.

The Goliath is evidently not a race that many players like. I won 6 of the 8 Goliaths, by some distance. But each time, I was matched with players who couldn't keep pace. I would be me, then 6 NPCs, then the rest of the players.

Eventually I was able to get our team to score enough points by acting as a Safety Car, which dragged the players into contention.
I used my Lotus Eleven. Not knowing it was going to end with the Goliath, I tuned it for handling. That worked on the first two races. I won one race and third in another. More importantly my team won both races which means we already won the championship. It’s a good thing, too, because my Eleven just didn’t have the beans to keep up. The roads are twisty enough on the west and north sides of the map that I could mostly keep up, but it was all over once I hit Princes Street in Edinburgh and headed down the east and south parts of the map. I could only manage about 160mph. I finished dead last. We still won overall, though, for a 3-0 finish.

Last edited:
They were more popular I believe in New England when they were available. Ironic considering that harsh environment ensured that almost none of them survived. My family had 5 Peugeots. 3 504s and 2 505s. Every one of them rusted into oblivion...except for the one that burned to the ground. They are all with the earth now.

The last "mainstream" (i.e. not Bugatti) French car officially available here was the Peugeot 405 in 1991, though Citroën XMs were being federalized and sold via a third party (CXA) as late as 1997. And between Renault's ongoing dramas with its Japanese allies and the formation of Stellantis appearing to eliminate the need for Peugeot, Citroën and/or DS to come over, I don't see the drought ending any time soon.

and the formation of Stellantis appearing to eliminate the need for Peugeot, Citroën and/or DS to come over, I don't see the drought ending any time soon.
Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavares has confirmed that Peugeot will not be coming back to the US. It was scheduled for a return in 2025. PSA started building a headquarters in Georgia, I think, in 2018. Not sure what’s going to happen to that. Tavares said planning and designing for US market cars would continue in Auburn Hills. He described Stellantis as having three “pillars”: Chrysler, Fiat, and Peugeot. He’s going to focus on rebuilding Chrysler, Fiat is back down to just one model in the US, and Peugeot isn’t coming over. But perhaps Citröen and/or DS could as upmarket near- or entry-level luxury cars.

The last "mainstream" (i.e. not Bugatti) French car officially available here was the Peugeot 405 in 1991, though Citroën XMs were being federalized and sold via a third party (CXA) as late as 1997.

The 405 was never really that popular in North America, but strangely enough I grew up frequently seeing 2 of them. Even stranger is the fact both of them were Mi16s. My dad had a co-worker with a white one, and one of my teachers in grade school had a red one, easily the coolest car in the parking lot when you're 10 years old (and especially since every other teacher drove some boring American or Japanese sedan from the late 80s). Someone on our street had a Renault Fuego around the same time period, but that's another story altogether.

The 405 was never really that popular in North America, but strangely enough I grew up frequently seeing 2 of them. Even stranger is the fact both of them were Mi16s. My dad had a co-worker with a white one, and one of my teachers in grade school had a red one, easily the coolest car in the parking lot when you're 10 years old (and especially since every other teacher drove some boring American or Japanese sedan from the late 80s). Someone on our street had a Renault Fuego around the same time period, but that's another story altogether.
My family had three Renault Le Cars (Renault 5). My sister bought a gold one right after she graduated from high school in 1978. My dad was impressed by it, so he bought a white one to replace the ‘68 Ford F-100 he’d been using to commute to work at Boeing. Then I got a used one after I returned from service in the Air Force in 1989. All three had manual transmissions and the huge canvas roof that folded back.

So there I am, sitting on the highest peak at Arthur’s Seat in the middle of the night, when I notice lights moving from right to left. At first I thought they were in the distance, but then I realized they were close and it was my headlights making them shine. So I went into photo mode so I could see what they were. They’re seeds floating on the wind. I never noticed them before. That’s some impressive detail, and a big reason I find this game so immersive.

Last edited:
Back with a little bit of a moan today!

Can someone explain why we have to do the Seasonal Events on Highly Skilled difficulty?

I have just spent a frustrating 4-5 hours retrying the Vintage Racers championship with the Napier as it's the only eligible car I have and a tune put it's over event requirements but I cannot for the life of me compete against the AI in the third race coming last and loosing the championship having won 2 out of 3 events.

AI in Forza seems to be particularly frustrating for me, I can pass most events with Highly Skilled but as soon as I try to go above that I have to lower difficulty again, I presume there's no way to stop the game asking if you want to challenge a higher difficulty AI as I keep having to change it back as I always miss the message at start of races.

I haven't finished that championship in Napier so I don't know if this advice can be used in Napier, but the third race is probably Ambleside.
This track is one of the more drivatar cheat-influenced FH4 road racing circuits, and is particularly challenging compared to the others.

My advice for winning on this track:.
  • The gear ratio is crossed and the suspension is set to oversteer more than usual.
Ambleside is a very narrow course with many corners that require a lot of low speed turns.
This means that acceleration performance and turning performance, especially measures to prevent understeer, are important.
Since drivatar have cheat grip tires and don't know about understeer, it is even more important if you want to fight against them.
  • Overtake as many cars as possible right after the start, even if it's a little rough driving.
As every Forza player knows, the Forza AI has the first few cars running away at high speed, while the rest of the AI drivers deliberately slow and blocks the path to prevent the player from catching up with them.
This is why it is important to overtake them(jammers) before they are too far behind the top drivatar.
This is an offline racing event after all. No one will complain if you bump into them. Overtake them, even if you have to push them away.
  • The top AI will slow down in the second half of the race.
The AI of FH4 is basically a rubber band. This means that in the early stages of the race, it runs away at a high speed that the player can't catch up with, and in the late stages of the race, it slows down to create a close race.
If you can't catch up to them on the first lap, don't give up. They will slow down even more after the second lap. If you drive calmly, you will have a chance.
  • (*dirty advice) Let's do ramming.
As mentioned earlier, Ambleside is a circuit with a low speed range.
This means that the AI ahead of you is not very fast.
In the middle of the course, there is an area shaped like the menu button on an Xbox One pad.
Here, there is a right-angle corner at the end of a long straight, where the AI will slow down and show you the side of its body unprotected. Do a ramming there.
*Of course, you should not do these actions online.

I haven't finished that championship in Napier so I don't know if this advice can be used in Napier, but the third race is probably Ambleside.
This track is one of the more drivatar cheat-influenced FH4 road racing circuits, and is particularly challenging compared to the others.

My advice for winning on this track:.
  • The gear ratio is crossed and the suspension is set to oversteer more than usual.
Ambleside is a very narrow course with many corners that require a lot of low speed turns.
This means that acceleration performance and turning performance, especially measures to prevent understeer, are important.
Since drivatar have cheat grip tires and don't know about understeer, it is even more important if you want to fight against them.
  • Overtake as many cars as possible right after the start, even if it's a little rough driving.
As every Forza player knows, the Forza AI has the first few cars running away at high speed, while the rest of the AI drivers deliberately slow and blocks the path to prevent the player from catching up with them.
This is why it is important to overtake them(jammers) before they are too far behind the top drivatar.
This is an offline racing event after all. No one will complain if you bump into them. Overtake them, even if you have to push them away.
  • The top AI will slow down in the second half of the race.
The AI of FH4 is basically a rubber band. This means that in the early stages of the race, it runs away at a high speed that the player can't catch up with, and in the late stages of the race, it slows down to create a close race.
If you can't catch up to them on the first lap, don't give up. They will slow down even more after the second lap. If you drive calmly, you will have a chance.
  • (*dirty advice) Let's do ramming.
As mentioned earlier, Ambleside is a circuit with a low speed range.
This means that the AI ahead of you is not very fast.
In the middle of the course, there is an area shaped like the menu button on an Xbox One pad.
Here, there is a right-angle corner at the end of a long straight, where the AI will slow down and show you the side of its body unprotected. Do a ramming there.
*Of course, you should not do these actions online.

Thanks, I think the track is indeed Ambleside though I never actually looked.

Will have a look at gear ratio's when I try after my work later today, hopefully will achieve victory!

One is not a rammer in online Team Adventure or online races but I tend not to do much of that since those events are usually wheelspins but will be on best behaviour in the Lotus Eleven event!

Last edited:
What I saw, it's not about halves but thirds. First third there is a boost to AI, you can't catch them if you have similar car, second one is normal racing and third one is they are slower. Rubberbanding updates that too, it's not always that simple. And of course, there some impossible combinations where you can never win.

Wallriding is another good technique in H4. It's much faster than clean racing.

Last edited:
I used the Napier in that championship, too. The only changes I made to it were top of the line brakes and wide rear tires. I won all three races with little difficulty.

I used the Napier in that championship, too. The only changes I made to it were top of the line brakes and wide rear tires. I won all three races with little difficulty.

Well I managed to win the championship but had to settle for 2nd on Ambleside but fortunately my closest rival avatar in an Alfa had a bad race so I won the event.

I've now completed both exhibition races there so hopefully I will not see Ambleside circuit for awhile!

Congratulations!
However, Ambleside is unfortunately one of PG's favorite circuits.

It is no longer uncommon for season championship events to be repurposed, they also used this circuit for the Cult Cars championship and Super Saloon championship.
Fortunately, the Cult Cars event is easy to win with a fully upgraded Peel P50, but I remember the Super Saloon event being more difficult than vintage racers championship.
I hope these events are reused in the far future...

Back with a little bit of a moan today!

Can someone explain why we have to do the Seasonal Events on Highly Skilled difficulty?

I have just spent a frustrating 4-5 hours retrying the Vintage Racers championship with the Napier as it's the only eligible car I have and a tune put it's over event requirements but I cannot for the life of me compete against the AI in the third race coming last and loosing the championship having won 2 out of 3 events.

AI in Forza seems to be particularly frustrating for me, I can pass most events with Highly Skilled but as soon as I try to go above that I have to lower difficulty again, I presume there's no way to stop the game asking if you want to challenge a higher difficulty AI as I keep having to change it back as I always miss the message at start of races.
Easy win is with a AWD swapped Bugatti, I win all of them with no effort.

I crushed that event with my completely stock Auto Union Type D. Speaking of the drivatars, has anyone else noticed that they back off on the final lap? While I appreciate their lapse in ambition as far as I want to win the race, it is a little anticlimactic. The rubberbanding is so strong that you can almost let them lap you in a 5 lap race at the beginning, and still catch them by the end even on highly skilled difficulty - depending on the circuit.

Last edited:
I ran the Auto Union Type D with an AWD swap. Can't remember the other upgrades but I can look it up if you need.

Ambleside is a circuit where it's really easy to over-drive the car, and where over-driving almost always results in terminal understeer. I found I was fastest when I brake reasonably early in a straight line, then come off the brakes for the turn in, then manage turn-in understeer often with another application of brakes, then feed the power in. I suggest you run the race two or three times without worrying about your position, so you can get into the rhythm, which is different to all the other Forza tracks.

It's absolutely not a power track. Make sure you get the car slowed for the corners, help it rotate with lots of negative front camber. For me, key passing places are the three 90 deg corners after the horseshoe at the top of the hill.

This week’s Weekly Forzathon was pretty easy. I got into my S1-tuned Evo VIII (Drive a Modern Rally Car), hit 185mph on the road to Broadway (Hit 185 mph), jumped the church five times (Get 15 Points from Danger Signs), and won the Gauntlet (Get a Podium in the Gauntlet). Took me less than 20 minutes.

I always hold the monthly rivals event back so I can still get 50% even if I can't be arsed to complete one of the weeklies that week. This week's danger sign was more hassle than I was prepared to put up with so I got to drive a dog turd looking electric hypercar around the Moorhead Wind Farm for this week's 50.

Last edited:
Back