Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Now that the Vuhl 05RR has been added to the game and no more new cars are expected, what have been your favorite cars from FH4?
E18C7B5C-BB80-4570-B6FC-CFC574F823D9.png

I think that question merits a thread of its own, don't you think? Our favorite FH4 cars (some of which I hope will drive again in FH5).
Good idea. Give me a few minutes and I’ll make a new thread.

Edit: new thread posted here.

Last edited:
Well that was a strangely 'pleasant' week from FH4 season.

Nothing 'extreme' in terms of me getting frustrated with the game and quite a few prize rewards I did not have.

The VUHL is definitely a fantastic car to finish with though as I spent a lot longer in the time trial with it than I had planned and was even better surprise to have it as part of summer season rather than having to wait till the end for Spring. 😊

Even 'Ambleside' my favourite pet hate the AI were on best behaviour and although the Hoonigan truck kept me 'honest' it was a fun little race series so if this is how things continue I shall keep the game going, currently working on building up to 30 million so I can buy Bamburgh Castle and have spare change...

On 18 million so it shouldn't take too long...

I made the terrible mistake of getting some friends interested in the game.

One of whom isn't interested in cars much at all and thinks anything classic, underpowered or not S1, S2, or X class is a 🤬 box. The other is into cars but they both have one thing in common: they're rammers.

Admittedly, it was pretty fun in the beginning but now it's incredibly annoying. I've lost quite a few races because I was pushed out of a checkpoint, or rammed into while cornering, etc, etc.

I ran the Vuhl Rivals event for a bit and recorded a lap they couldn't touch, so there's that. :lol:

I’ve officially peaked at FH4.

All the obtainable cars, maxed credits, all achievements etc.

Still doing the future seasonals as now I can be charitable with ALL the prize cars from here on in by selling low as possible prices. 😉

@Terronium-12 I accidentally made a friend ragequit FH4 for months quite early on, I'm not exactly a dirty driver but he's a proper sim racing nut (but not snobby about it, he likes FH4 because cars do move similarly to real life, unlike the cars in Burnout Paradise for example) and a few friends and I bullied him a little.

In my defence we had all tried to drive sensibly but he kept winning by miles because his tunes were perfect, but then we just started tuning for maximum acceleration and would pile on him before he could pull away. He didn't take kindly to it and stopped playing (for about two months). Sure, it was childish, but nobody likes a serial winner.

@Terronium-12 I accidentally made a friend ragequit FH4 for months quite early on, I'm not exactly a dirty driver but he's a proper sim racing nut (but not snobby about it, he likes FH4 because cars do move similarly to real life, unlike the cars in Burnout Paradise for example) and a few friends and I bullied him a little.

In my defence we had all tried to drive sensibly but he kept winning by miles because his tunes were perfect, but then we just started tuning for maximum acceleration and would pile on him before he could pull away. He didn't take kindly to it and stopped playing (for about two months). Sure, it was childish, but nobody likes a serial winner.

I'm all for fun. I'll let them win after I feel I've won one too many, though that's me in most competitive games, especially fighting games. Everyone wants to have fun and not be crushed by someone that plays (either fighting or racing games in this instance) these as a "professional hobby" :lol:

My annoyance begins and ends with the attitude toward cars and the mindless bashing, even on me. Ram the AI all you want (hell, I do) but don't 🤬 up my race because you think braking into a corner is optional. I'm not playing Assetto Corsa here so there's no reason for me to actually flip my lid, but ffs. :lol:

I made the terrible mistake of getting some friends interested in the game.

One of whom isn't interested in cars much at all and thinks anything classic, underpowered or not S1, S2, or X class is a 🤬 box. The other is into cars but they both have one thing in common: they're rammers.

Admittedly, it was pretty fun in the beginning but now it's incredibly annoying. I've lost quite a few races because I was pushed out of a checkpoint, or rammed into while cornering, etc, etc.

I ran the Vuhl Rivals event for a bit and recorded a lap they couldn't touch, so there's that. 😂
You need to convince them Wreckfest is better than Horizon. And honestly, for rammers, it really is.

Last edited:
Seems like my assumption of any Forzathon car automatically being 10 million credits to buy out is false - the MC12 Corsa is only 1.5 million on the Auction House for buyouts half the time.

I'll take it.

I am requesting someone to make a livery for me. However, I need the livery in Forza 7 instead of Horizon 4. I am posting here instead of in the Forza 7 forum because the Horizon 4 forum gets more traffic. The livery is a rust/barn find style livery, so it will be rather complicated. I am hoping that someone can do it fairly accurately to how the car looks in real life. I have already reached out to ivar ravi, the master of these kinds of liveries. However, I will not be working with him do to the obscene prices he charges for livery commissions. I get that these liveries are complicated, but paying hundreds of dollars for a livery in a video game is utter insanity. I am not saying I will pay nothing if someone makes this paint job for me; it's just that I don't want to pay a small fortune for this.
Anyway, here is the livery. It's a 1972 Pontiac Firebird that I saw around town a couple of years ago. I only took these two pictures of the car, so to anyone who attempts this, just make the passenger's side look similar but not identical to the driver's side. Also, you can omit the license plates if you attempt this livery. I do not need them in the game.

20180909_144404.jpg
20180909_144418.jpg

If anyone is interested in attempting this livery in Forza 7, we can start a private conversation here or through Xbox chat to discuss payment details and things like that.

One thing I've been noticing of late, did they make a background change to the game, I notice it never asks me if I want to up the difficulty of my Drivatar's now as I've been on highly skilled for some weeks now and lots of wins in a row...

I’m not feeling any incentive to bother with the Festival Playlist any more. I’ve got everything. I think between now and the demo for 5 dropping, I’m just going to spend my time enjoying the cars I like but haven’t driven much. Mostly because I’ve been spending so much time on the Festival Playlist. It‘s a catch-22. I need to drive one of about a dozen cars to complete the Festival Playlist so I can get the new cars, but I don‘t have time to drive the new cars because it’s time for a new Festival Playlist which means driving one of about a dozen cars to etc etc.

I’m not feeling any incentive to bother with the Festival Playlist any more. I’ve got everything. I think between now and the demo for 5 dropping, I’m just going to spend my time enjoying the cars I like but haven’t driven much. Mostly because I’ve been spending so much time on the Festival Playlist. It‘s a catch-22. I need to drive one of about a dozen cars to complete the Festival Playlist so I can get the new cars, but I don‘t have time to drive the new cars because it’s time for a new Festival Playlist which means driving one of about a dozen cars to etc etc.
I think I might just do the super wheelspin events to get some extra money or maybe some events for the exclusive cars that still sell well on the auction house.

I think I might just do the super wheelspin events to get some extra money or maybe some events for the exclusive cars that still sell well on the auction house.
I’m already maxed out on credits at 999,999,999. I did notice there are a couple of smoking deals in the Forzathon shop, though. The Hammer is just 299 FP, and the Hoonigan RS200 is only 101. Both weird numbers, but they’re real. And the Disco Chicken suit! The Super7 reward car is the McLaren F1 GT as well.
27B85B8D-9ACA-4228-82ED-EB5E31A7BC5D.png

I’m already maxed out on credits at 999,999,999. I did notice there are a couple of smoking deals in the Forzathon shop, though. The Hammer is just 299 FP, and the Hoonigan RS200 is only 101. Both weird numbers, but they’re real. And the Disco Chicken suit! The Super7 reward car is the McLaren F1 GT as well.View attachment 1066460
Think I’m at 88 million credits right now.

I’m already maxed out on credits at 999,999,999. I did notice there are a couple of smoking deals in the Forzathon shop, though. The Hammer is just 299 FP, and the Hoonigan RS200 is only 101. Both weird numbers, but they’re real. And the Disco Chicken suit! The Super7 reward car is the McLaren F1 GT as well.View attachment 1066460

Heads up people! The RS200 is sticking, but the other Forzathon car is changing EVERY 24 HOURS!!!

Today's car is only 199 FP and is the 2020 Shelby Mustang.

The page does show as updating at the usual hour TOMORROW.

I will try to remember to post the new car each day 👍

Last edited:
Today’s car in the Forzathon shop is the 2019 Raesr Tachyon Speed for 299 FP.

Edit: Because the shop resets every day, that means you can buy a Hoonigan RS200 every day as well.

Last edited:
I at 400+ million at the moment.
My paltry 180 million puts me in squalor.😄

All kidding aside, after keeping up with the weekly updates all these years, I now have a garage full of cars that I rarely drive, if ever, and wheel spins are mainly just money or duplicate cars.

I'm now lacking motivation and really can't wait to get my hands on Forza Horizon 5 just for a change of pace and to see something new.

Last edited:
AGGGHHHH!!! 😊

Looks like in all my efforts to co-ordinate my gaming of multiple games I did not consider to factor in the Forzathon shop changing daily since I am so used to the weekly format.

Fortunately it seems all the cars so far are ones I have already but I guess now I will have to start loading the game up daily, I'm gonna make a topic in a few for this very subuject so that we can post an organised list of the daily shop update rather than it get lost in the general thread.

See you all over there! 👍

Last edited:
Haven't posted in a while. I have been running custom adventures because I am tired of the idiocy in team adventures. My question is this; I tune my own car and win all the time against unbeatable AI. How is it that I can see to win consistenly online? I don't mind loosing but by 8 to 10 seconds is a bit ridiculous.
One thing that I have noticed is other cars hitting the walls but not slowing down at all. WTF? Also 1 particular racer running what appears to be stock cars but absolutely flying. I twnd to think some are using modded/coded cars. I would appreciate feedback. Thanks.

@Milouse I scooped up a couple of cars I was missing on the Auction House earlier and went to tick them off on Kudosprime, but kept receiving "connection timed out" errors. Is there a problem with the site or is it just me?
Thanks.

@Milouse I scooped up a couple of cars I was missing on the Auction House earlier and went to tick them off on Kudosprime, but kept receiving "connection timed out" errors. Is there a problem with the site or is it just me?
Thanks.
There was a problem indeed !

Back