Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
I believed that if I got all my clothes and emotions the wheel spin would be "improved".
But the reality was different. Yes, 5000 cr, 5000 cr, 10000 cr ...

Credits (and by extension, cars) are harder to come by in this game than previous Horizons it seems, at least for me. I think the wheelspins being wasted on clothing, emotes and horns plays a role in that, partially. Credits earned from racing is almost nothing, so that leaves wheelspins. Because of that, I almost rely entirely on the weekly Forza App payout (450k CR per week).

Set the sat-nav to it so you have the destination marker to aim for. Then you just need to get your speed right for the flight, which might well take a few tries!
Sat nav? I know what that is in the real world, are you saying i can set the car to go to the EXACT spot , other than on the map and the blue line that shows you how to get there?

My best suggestion if you're having credit problems is to make a race that's 10-20 minutes long (longer if you want). Also, try creating a track that could confused the AI such as leaving checkpoints after a harpin turn for instance. Set the difficulty to max and use a credit boost FE car (if you have one).

Also, keep farming skill points to use on the Porsche 911 Turbo or Nissan Fairlady Z 432. You can keep getting 150k profit from both cars.

My best suggestion if you're having credit problems is to make a race that's 10-20 minutes long (longer if you want). Also, try creating a track that could confused the AI such as leaving checkpoints after a harpin turn for instance. Set the difficulty to max and use a credit boost FE car (if you have one).

Also, keep farming skill points to use on the Porsche 911 Turbo or Nissan Fairlady Z 432. You can keep getting 150k profit from both cars.
Thank you. Being too busy to grind away at the game, I appreciate the suggestions. Just a shame we need to use roundabout ways to get fast credits.

Is it just me, or is the R33 GTR LM FE possibly the greatest S2 class car? Even removing the Forza Aero has made almost no difference to how it drives.

I've driven the Veneno, RXC, Senna, F50 GT, Regera, and various other S2 cars, and I found them all to be way too twitchy and squirrely. The R33 LM FE felt just right for my driving style, and I can set consistent laps without ever worrying about taking a turn too fast or overcorrecting a mistake.

Credits (and by extension, cars) are harder to come by in this game than previous Horizons it seems, at least for me. I think the wheelspins being wasted on clothing, emotes and horns plays a role in that, partially. Credits earned from racing is almost nothing, so that leaves wheelspins. Because of that, I almost rely entirely on the weekly Forza App payout (450k CR per week).

I had the ultimate edition for FH3 and was swimming in credits thanks to the VIP stuff doubling the amounts, but I got the regular version of this game and find myself having to grind for what I want, which isn't that bad. I'm not a huge fan of wasting wheelspin rewards on clothes that I'll never use though.

Is it just me, or is the R33 GTR LM FE possibly the greatest S2 class car? Even removing the Forza Aero has made almost no difference to how it drives.

I've driven the Veneno, RXC, Senna, F50 GT, Regera, and various other S2 cars, and I found them all to be way too twitchy and squirrely. The R33 LM FE felt just right for my driving style, and I can set consistent laps without ever worrying about taking a turn too fast or overcorrecting a mistake.

The Senna with donjoewonsong tune and the Vulcan FE are both super stable and easy to use

I had the ultimate edition for FH3 and was swimming in credits thanks to the VIP stuff doubling the amounts, but I got the regular version of this game and find myself having to grind for what I want, which isn't that bad. I'm not a huge fan of wasting wheelspin rewards on clothes that I'll never use though.

The Senna and the Vulcan FE are both super stable and easy to use

The Senna doesn't cater well to my driving style. I tried it, and didn't like it. The Vulcan FE is pretty nice, although I still prefer the R33 LM FE.

Sat nav? I know what that is in the real world, are you saying i can set the car to go to the EXACT spot , other than on the map and the blue line that shows you how to get there?

Yep, if you "set route" to some object like a board that isn't on the road, it will show the blue line to the nearest point on a road but the marker spike will be right on the board. Like this - the marker is on the huts to my left, and the blue dot is to my right (where the yellow 'brake' markers are):

fh4_route_to_board.jpg

For this one, you want to start your run up from some way across the field, and the marker really helps!

Yep, if you "set route" to some object like a board that isn't on the road, it will show the blue line to the nearest point on a road but the marker spike will be right on the board. Like this - the marker is on the huts to my left, and the blue dot is to my right (where the yellow 'brake' markers are):

View attachment 778802

For this one, you want to start your run up from some way across the field, and the marker really helps!
How do I set the marker? I know how to get a blue line on the map, but this marker is new to me.

How do I set the marker? I know how to get a blue line on the map, but this marker is new to me.

Any time you set the blue line, there's also that marker at the destination. So just highlight the board on the map and do "Set Route".

Keep doing danger signs, eventually one will spawn near the church.
Danger sign? I will look to see what those are, thanks.

OK found that, so I go to these and participate, jumped off cliff, am I done with this danger sign?

Last edited:
Any time you set the blue line, there's also that marker at the destination. So just highlight the board on the map and do "Set Route".

When I set route there is no blue marker on my little map on screen while driving, just the icons and the line.

The big jumps that you have to three star. Marked with a caution triangle on the map. They have banners on either side.
Best cars for air?

65 Ford Mustang GT is good...real good

Cant get more than one star on the one you go thru 3 long pipes first.

Last edited:
HOw is this car climbing the church to get the fast travel board?
Something about earning ramps, not sure how or where that is.
You asked in the previous page and i answered you, i guess you missed the answer...

I want random car selection like in GT5 online

You either need to reach Danger Sign level 7 to unlock a ramp or play Forzathon events until you have an event that use that ramp.
Most if not all questions about boards have answers here:
https://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=1213628

And i know why: i did quote the wrong message :banghead:

You asked in the previous page and i answered you, i guess you missed the answer...

And i know why: i did quote the wrong message :banghead:
So a ramp will get me up to the top of that very large church, good to know.

I am working on danger signs now, one of them has 3 pipes and then ramp, i cant get to 2 stars let alone 3 on that one.

Downloaded the update and the Antique Restorer achievement unlocked immediately when I entered the world.

Now I have all of the achievements, but I’m sure the expansions will bring more of them. :cheers:

Back