Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Level 20 reward is the 2009 Vauxhall Corsa, which hasn't been featured frequently in any other outlet. Rimac is prize for becoming Grandmaster, but I ain't gunning for that, no way.
Last week it was a Mini Cabrio. Some pretty nice rewards lately for lv20 alone. To become a Grandmaster I just need to win 200 adventures in a row. Yeah I don't think I will do those anytime.

WIN 200 in a row!?!? I can't even get one win in a FFA!
I know it sounds like a lot, but it is pretty close. I have 2600 points now lv9. Most races I do are with lv12+ or unranked so i get less points even when I win. Usually between 5 to 15. Sometimes I get 20 but most of the times only 5. The more you rank up the harder it gets. Of course in theory I could get 1000 points too but would have to win against a full grid of grandmasters. Yeah, not gonna happen.

I know it sounds like a lot, but it is pretty close. I have 2600 points now lv9. Most races I do are with lv12+ or unranked so i get less points even when I win. Usually between 5 to 15. Sometimes I get 20 but most of the times only 5. The more you rank up the harder it gets. Of course in theory I could get 1000 points too but would have to win against a full grid of grandmasters. Yeah, not gonna happen.

I remember when Capri was the reward.

Rimac... is useful at least.

So, because I miss the first 20 minutes of the Monthly stream of Update 14 I guess no PO cars for me... A bit unfair but that's OK... :(

got mine too. Still missing the Focus PO, but I really don't need it. Even those two are just for hardcore collectors. Not as useful as the McLaren or the Porscha.

Indeed, I have the Focus, it's pure disappointment. Stats are barely improved for the original motor with A45 AMG sound and you can only swap in the old 1.6L rally engine. Most novel thing about it is the fact the horrific widebody's broken :D

I think there's a complete disbalance towards your first 10 unranked matches. These are the adventures where you're new to the modes, new to the overpowered cars you might not have ready yourself, puzzled by awful "free roam rush" in all racing adventures up until just a couple patches ago. Before you know it you're stuck qualified at a rank (I'm 11 FFA) and if you want to get up you need to play hundreds of adventures and do well. Funnily enough that's what I did for fun on FH2 and 3, doing pretty well too, but this new tryhard attraction mode just isn't fun imho.

So, because I miss the first 20 minutes of the Monthly stream of Update 14 I guess no PO cars for me... A bit unfair but that's OK... :(

Were you signed in with your Xbox connected account? If you tuned in live you should get them. Bug support about it :)

So I have heard recently that CSR 2 has now got Paul's Fast & Furious Toyota Supra in the game. Could Toyota be finally returning to Western racing games?

Indeed, I have the Focus, it's pure disappointment. Stats are barely improved for the original motor with A45 AMG sound and you can only swap in the old 1.6L rally engine. Most novel thing about it is the fact the horrific widebody's broken :D

How did you get the Focus??

Are they really being petty like that? lol

Check if you got the cars, because I see no reason why missing 20 minutes in a 1 hour plus stream should be such a big deal.

I expected the VOD not to count but if missing minutes of the stream makes you not eligible for the prizes, then it's a little ridiculous. That's what disappoints me the most about this game: unnecessary hurdles to access content rather than just letting people express themselves however they want.

At least this time it was just the POs, more like a treat than an actual addition, like the "Year of the Dragon" Boss 302 I got in FM7 last year.

What is this supposed to mean?

Can't comment on the specifics, but I've seen really strange things thrown around in the streams, like the devs commenting on how "popular" Seasonal Playground Games are (PGG could be popular but certainly not as a competitive feature like Playground wants to push it) or how they didn't know if the community wanted ramps in the Route Creator, which is something widely requested by route creators.

With regards to this particular event, there's last year's parallel of T10 deciding it was a good idea to hand out locked cars to people who performed "tasks" during their ForzaRC streams. Needless to say, views plummeted after they unlocked all of the cars, which proved the event wasn't interesting enough to the audience without the prizes. And this is a problem since the robustness of the event should take priority over the robustness of the bonuses it gives away for participating.

tl;dr Good content sells your product by itself, you don't need to create artificial numbers to make it seem people care about your product, just give them what they want and be done with it.

It could also be simply lack of communication on Microsoft's part and inability from anyone involved to detail the exact requirements to being gifted the cars.

There are three Forza Horizon 1 references in this week's ForzaThon Playlist that I noticed.

1. The iconic FH1 cover car, the 2013 Dodge Viper SRT GTS.
2. The FH1 Showcase Event name "Mustang VS. Mustang".
Z6xZSL9.png

3. The first racing event in FH1, known as the "Horizon Heats".
9kCJ3FO.png

Are they really being petty like that? lol

Check if you got the cars, because I see no reason why missing 20 minutes in a 1 hour plus stream should be such a big deal.

I expected the VOD not to count but if missing minutes of the stream makes you not eligible for the prizes, then it's a little ridiculous. That's what disappoints me the most about this game: unnecessary hurdles to access content rather than just letting people express themselves however they want.

At least this time it was just the POs, more like a treat than an actual addition, like the "Year of the Dragon" Boss 302 I got in FM7 last year.

Honestly don't know, I guess I just have to wait for a reply to the ticket from support / wait for the cars to arrive...

If the cars arrive, awesome! If not I won't be upset also... In the end it's just a game...

My guess is that sometimes PG/T10 just thinks "Let's give some rare cars so that more people can watch the stream... After the stream ends: "OMG we have to send gifts to all these people!!??"

👍

The I.D.R Trial will be an S2 dirt championship... Yeah, S2 and dirt. Someone at PG like to troll the players.
I'm pretty confident in my Bac Mono, but I really wonder what the casuals are gonna bring this time around. :nervous:

There are three Forza Horizon 1 references in this week's ForzaThon Playlist that I noticed.

1. The iconic FH1 cover car, the 2013 Dodge Viper SRT GTS.
2. The FH1 Showcase Event name "Mustang VS. Mustang".
Z6xZSL9.png

3. The first racing event in FH1, known as the "Horizon Heats".
9kCJ3FO.png

Yes, that is the theme of this Season, Horizon history, since it is the first anniversary. Next week will feature FH2-esque challenges and the week after will be FH3.

The I.D.R Trial will be an S2 dirt championship... Yeah, S2 and dirt. Someone at PG like to troll the players.
I'm pretty confident in my Bac Mono, but I really wonder what the casuals are gonna bring this time around. :nervous:

I actually miss having S2 Dirt in Ranked Adventures.

Tried to replicate some of the Road & Track review photos of the McLaren 600LT in the game.

R&T Review Photo 1

roa020119fea-mclaren-11-1547363698.jpg

FH4 Replica Photo 1

Ng025Vs.png

R&T Review Photo 2

roa020119fea-mclaren-12-1547362373.jpg

FH4 Replica Photo 2

ykH2VGY.png

R&T Review Photo 3

roa020119fea-mclaren-04-1547361948.jpg
\

FH4 Replica Photo 3

WFba1My.png

R&T Review Photo 4

roa020119fea-mclaren-03-1547361804.jpg

FH4 Replica Photo 4

wiKNGQp.png

Hey, it could be easier. I'd rather S2 Dirt than Street Scene.

The obvious choice is the Hoonigan RS200!
Experience drivers are not an issue. Casuals are. You will bring the Hoon of course but casuals will bring a stock Bugatti or something similar.
The first course is Bamburgh Pinewood, one of the hardest routes on dirt. It's going to be fun.
I actually miss having S2 Dirt in Ranked Adventures.
I miss it to, wish they didn't change it for B. I'm fine with B class, but I hate the Track-tor.

Not much of a surprise really! :lol:

Got them :) They appear as gifts in the messages area, so making sure your garage isn't full shouldn't be required until you decide to claim them. Haven't driven them yet as I'm supposed to be working!

Going in there reminded me that I've still got about 50 gifted super wheelspins waiting to be claimed :indiff: The other night I spun the rest I had stashed, now that we can just sell the cars: 219 wheelspins got me about 12 million (with two 1 million prizes), 88 supers got me another 17.3 million (with none). Took about 20 minutes. More money for upgrades I guess, or hunt for other PO cars in auctions.

edit: actually 60 gifted super wheelspins (one message had 10 in) - netted 14 million.

Last edited:
Back