Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Wondering how too unlock the Ford Mustang Shelby 2020 anyone know.
1630008952754.png

I wonder when the Mazda RX-3, Mazda Cosmo, Saleen S1 and VUHL will become available again. I missed them the first time around, and in my experience we usually don’t have to wait this long for a second chance.

Oh yeah, we have those now :D 108 613 682 (or the older, perhaps easier to get the hang of, tune is 672 324 700)

Seriously, before even setting off change up to 3rd gear :lol: 3rd and maybe 4th is all you need. Just got 88k in first attempt at the seasonal drift - using keyboard, and off the road half the time :lol: PB is 141k (using controller).
As someone who is fairly hopeless at drifting, your tune has helped massively for me in getting 3 stars on the drift zones (including the offroad ones, where I manually changed down to 2nd on some get cleaner drifts), but for the life of me I cannot beat the Moorland Way Drift Zone. My best so far is 88,183/95,000 points, as I can't maintain a long enough drift along the straight, but I can drift through the corners.

Last edited:
As someone who is fairly hopeless at drifting, your tune has helped massively for me in getting 3 stars on the drift zones (including the offroad ones, where I manually changed down to 2nd on some get cleaner drifts), but for the life of me I cannot beat the Moorland Way Drift Zone. My best so far is 88,183/95,000 points, as I can't maintain a long enough drift along the straight, but I can drift through the corners.
Glad it works for you! Yeah, that's a tough one, just did a few runs to remind me of it - and got my PB up to 111k :) Still one of the zones I'm not over 3 stars by much though.

Not sure which direction would give the most score with a perfect run, but for just getting 3 stars I'd say west to east. That way it's easier to come onto the straight with good speed - 4th for the first corner then up into 5th for the next and enter the straight pretty fast.

Then your manji drifting has to be on point and timed nicely to enter the next corner from as far to the right of the road as you can, so that drift carries far enough that it's a neat turn to enter the final right. Along the straight it's right (finishing the 2nd corner drift), left, right, left (into the next corner). Too slow, or try to make either of those middle drifts too long, and you'll be out of step with the corner. (If you have to go straight for a bit to get back in sync it's best done in the middle of the straight so you still drift right for a bit before switching for the left turn).

Make the most of the turns by following the racing line to stay fast.

Lots of pulsing the throttle in higher gears on this one rather than leaning on the rev limiter - that's fine to get 3 stars on most, but loses too many points here.

Hope that helps you get through it :D

Last edited:
Glad it works for you! Yeah, that's a tough one, just did a few runs to remind me of it - and got my PB up to 111k :) Still one of the zones I'm not over 3 stars by much though.

Not sure which direction would give the most score with a perfect run, but for just getting 3 stars I'd say west to east. That way it's easier to come onto the straight with good speed - 4th for the first corner then up into 5th for the next and enter the straight pretty fast.

Then your manji drifting has to be on point and timed nicely to enter the next corner from as far to the right of the road as you can, so that drift carries far enough that it's a neat turn to enter the final right. Along the straight it's right (finishing the 2nd corner drift), left, right, left (into the next corner). Too slow, or try to make either of those middle drifts too long, and you'll be out of step with the corner. (If you have to go straight for a bit to get back in sync it's best done in the middle of the straight so you still drift right for a bit before switching for the left turn).

Make the most of the turns by following the racing line to stay fast.

Lots of pulsing the throttle in higher gears on this one rather than leaning on the rev limiter - that's fine to get 3 stars on most, but loses too many points here.

Hope that helps you get through it :D
Thanks I'll give it a go. There were a couple I struggled with but go them done yesterday, so hopefully this will finish it off.

Just to be a little more helpful to @Pmc4068, you can't - but then you don't need to. You only need to photograph the car and that doesn't require you to own it.

It's a bit of a lottery, but you can improve the odds significantly. There's a chance it will show up in any Modern Muscle event, though it's pretty high in performance points terms so you'll need something suitably matched. You can also look through Super7 Challenge Cards.

As an alternative, I've created a ZL1 vs Shelby GT500 Blueprint near Edinburgh (you can also do this yourself if you like). Pretty much a 50:50 grid, so just start the race and go into photomode.

Share Code is: 362 491 419

Last edited:
Ha, finally got my last road discovered, put into solo mode which i'm liking alot as you gotta avoid the traffic as it can be a bit crazy and the drivatars drive quicker and overtake plus crash lol, but on looking for cars too race too get towards my star card I noticed a dull grey patch on my mini map and it was just a straight short patch off road lol, been driving me mad wondering where I missed out. I'm not into the drifting scene which most of the online players tend too be nor the mini games like capture flag etc.

Anyone yet to unlock the Goliath (Road Racing Level 20) for this week's playlist with the Sagaris don't forget you can just search Blueprints for a Goliath race and do it that way.

I didn't even realize they stopped counting the percentages in the Playlist history. This was the only thing getting me to play each week, to get 100% and continue the streak. I see the last date was at the end of July. Good to know going forward. If anyone doesn't know, bring up the playlist and at the bottom you'll see hit the menu button (or whatever it's called on the Xbox controller) for your history and you'll see from Playlist 7 up until the last one.

I tried out the Porsche 928 in this week's Forzathon. It sure was good and annihilated the opposition on unbeatable with stellar grip and acceleration. I'll miss it if it doesn't show up in FH5 in some form.

Last edited:
Just to be a little more helpful to @Pmc4068, you can't - but then you don't need to. You only need to photograph the car and that doesn't require you to own it.

It's a bit of a lottery, but you can improve the odds significantly. There's a chance it will show up in any Modern Muscle event, though it's pretty high in performance points terms so you'll need something suitably matched. You can also look through Super7 Challenge Cards.

As an alternative, I've created a ZL1 vs Shelby GT500 Blueprint near Edinburgh (you can also do this yourself if you like). Pretty much a 50:50 grid, so just start the race and go into photomode.

Share Code is: 362 491 419
Annoyingly, the game has retroactively decided I didn't do this, despite getting it at the time and getting the reward for doing it and being on 100% for Summer. It's now dropped me back to 97% for Summer...

In other news, if you're having a fight with Northbound, use whatever you'd normally use for jumps and start here:

1631741693778.png

Follow the road round until the yellow grit bin on the left and when you see the shrubs between the two telegraph poles aim right for them:

1631741796652.png

Then aim right for the jump - you'll need to go slightly left of the two trees - and hit it at an angle:

1631741854455.png

There's far fewer bumps coming at it from this side, so you'll hit it at 140mph+ and fly 220m+ without much trouble.

I'm on 100% again for this season. Let's see if that lasts...

Annoyingly, the game has retroactively decided I didn't do this, despite getting it at the time and getting the reward for doing it and being on 100% for Summer. It's now dropped me back to 97% for Summer...

In other news, if you're having a fight with Northbound, use whatever you'd normally use for jumps and start here:

View attachment 1080762

Follow the road round until the yellow grit bin on the left and when you see the shrubs between the two telegraph poles aim right for them:

View attachment 1080763

Then aim right for the jump - you'll need to go slightly left of the two trees - and hit it at an angle:

View attachment 1080764

There's far fewer bumps coming at it from this side, so you'll hit it at 140mph+ and fly 220m+ without much trouble.

I'm on 100% again for this season. Let's see if that lasts...
Not sure "without much trouble" applies in my case :lol: but that did help a lot thanks 👍

If I recall correctly the photoshoot not counting is a long standing glitch (never to be fixed?) when you travel to DLC in Legoland or Fortune Island?

If I recall correctly the photoshoot not counting is a long standing glitch (never to be fixed?) when you travel to DLC in Legoland or Fortune Island?
Interesting. I've seen that a couple of times previously during a season but never after it. I'll check later on when Spring hits.

Join us for the September Edition of Forza Monthly! We’ll preview the Forza Horizon 4 Series 40 update, show off the new Forza Horizon 5 Livery Editor, hear from Rudeism – Forza streamer and custom controller builder – in our Community Spotlight, run down the latest community events, get another update on Forza Motorsport, and more!

Original Xbox Forza Motorsport compared to latest current Forza Horizon 4 (+ real car)

I feel some of current 3d models are still based on very old FM1 3d models. A lot reworked though but some errors are same.

A3iTrCh.jpg

I mean, it's been pretty clear at this stage of the game that any sort of large scale changes to Forza (including livery editor changes, physics, and in this case car remodeling) will be done under T10's guidance and come with Forza 8.

That being said, if they don't remodel the legacy car models, then this entire franchise in general is hopeless to change anything else that has been a thorn in its side for years now. About as bad as GT trotting out standard vehicles, tbh.

The biggest thing that grinds my gears with regards to vehicle models is, what is stopping them from doing it now? Is it an issue of most of the legacy models being Japanese imports, and the lack of untouched examples? Then hire an outside agency and let them cruise around Japan putting out feelers. Guarantee that's what they are doing anyway to begin with.

The biggest thing that grinds my gears with regards to vehicle models is, what is stopping them from doing it now?
The number of people who will base their buying decision on whether the wing mirror on the 300SL is corrected or not is so small that it would make them less money than it would cost to pay someone to remodel the car. Even if you include all of the other models that are known to be somewhat inaccurate like the infamous Silvia Spec-R, the only people who will notice will be those who've already bought the game anyway.

The number of people who will base their buying decision on whether the wing mirror on the 300SL is corrected or not is so small that it would make them less money than it would cost to pay someone to remodel the car. Even if you include all of the other models that are known to be somewhat inaccurate like the infamous Silvia Spec-R, the only people who will notice will be those who've already bought the game anyway.

And yet by this point, we are about ready (if they aren't already) to have these rogue models be uprezzed in 4K, and they look as terrible as they did during the switch to HD. And they reflect poorly on the rest of the car list, and make it seem to the naked eye that T10 and Playground are too lazy to do the work in remodeling vehicles that are sorely needed. Considering how good the Horizon games (and Motorsport) look on ultra settings on the PC side, and will presumably look on FH5 and beyond once everything is next gen, it's going to be quite the dissonance to see beautiful environments and cars modeled in the past few years sharing space with legacy models that deserve to be put out to pasture with their poor dimensions and modeling mistakes that still haven't been fixed.

Even Polyphony realized they couldn't get away with the farce that is the Standard and Premium debate in GT's 5 and 6, and went back to the drawing board with Sport. And by this point, even the GTS vehicles that are more or less confirmed to be outside models, are nowhere near as bad as the rogue models that Forza continues to use from FM1.

There's no defending it. And if what I hypothesize is true, which it very likely is considering what else is apparently not having work done since it goes through T10 only, then it's simply delaying things when they need work done now. Like the livery editor. Like adding more camera settings to Photo Mode, which hasn't been changed since it was added. Like the audio that has been trash since their former sound guy jumped ship to Polyphony and helped make their sounds better overall.

I think you're right. They're not like Gran Turismo's standards where even a car novice could spot that they're rendered at lower resolution. Which means only a minority of people will complain and Turn 10 will continue to back burner or ignore their correction. That's not so much a defence as an assessment of commercial reality in my opinion. What proportion of the Forza audience is campaigning for these models to be fixed compared with those people who griped about GT standards or sound?

Last edited:
The Spring Developer's Championship this week was... so much fun!

Bespoke tracks that required learning and vehicles that actually suited them!

I wish they made more use of Blueprint events in the Series events, as a way of adding variety and challenge.

And no, I dont mean those 0.1m "EZY FORZATHON 1000000M CREDITS COOL" ones that hog all the search lists either...

The Spring Developer's Championship this week was... so much fun!

Bespoke tracks that required learning and vehicles that actually suited them!

I wish they made more use of Blueprint events in the Series events, as a way of adding variety and challenge.

And no, I dont mean those 0.1m "EZY FORZATHON 1000000M CREDITS COOL" ones that hog all the search lists either...
What I appreciate the most is that the checkpoints were nice and close together so you always knew which one to aim for. Those tracks were a pleasure to drive.

Hopefully EventLab creations will feature large in the next game's Horizon Playlist equivalent.

Last edited:
Since that’s a fairly easy drift zone (in terms of corners, not talking about the required score!) maybe give it a go in a drift car or the Hoonigan RS? That Isetta is great for the really annoying drift zones with twisty turns where the overall average speed is rather low. But for drift zones with higher speeds a more stable car than the Isetta might work better.

I think a high speed in that drift zone is required as well to reach that 95K score. I remember from a Forza monthly (I think the one where they introduced drift steering angle / drift cockpit camera etc in … was it FM7?) that drift scoring points are calculated by 3 things: the angle at which you drift, the speed at which you drift and I believe the third one is by how close to the center of the road you drift? (Can anyone confirm this?)

Last edited:
... and I believe the third one is by how close to the center of the road you drift? (Can anyone confirm this?)
I've never worked it out, but suspect that's not something it directly measures.

However, once you have the angle and speed, while checking all wheels are on the road, the next thing is an emergent tradeoff between the racing line (best speed) or a longer path (best angle and/or duration). I tend to try each out on a corner by corner basis, since the most important thing seems to be to find the rhythm that keeps the slides flowing, making the course as curvy as possible. For example, a wide line on one corner might set up a much better angle on the next one, or make room for a better manji sequence.

So my hunch is that those aspects can add up to often make the middle of the road the best scoring, especially in a larger car where there is less freedom to choose while keeping the whole car on the road.

My take on "Goodbye Horizon UK" theme:
609 465 257 - A-class oriented 2-lap race around Glen Rannoch. Sport and supercars cut from FH5. Autumn.
104 003 553 - B-class race around Derwent lake. Stellantis group cars cut from FH5. Winter.

There's a gift C8 with custom livery waiting for you all!
Well guess I had better login then!

My controller batteries died for my Xbox and I was too lazy to get new rechargeable so I'll have to login and do a farewell week to Forza Horizon 4.

Quietly excited for the new game, I'm in 'deliberate' lock down so nothing can surprise me before release day and trying to do the same with GT7 but not as easy there...

Back