Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Just in case anyone needs to know, a heads up/reminder that 50% gets you the rare Focus 10 Hoonigan until Thursday.

Rare enough that it was one of only 10 cars I didnt have... 👍

9 left to acquire now... but 3 are Eliminator cars I can get from levelling up and 4 are Pre Order cars I cant get.

Please can we have the I Pace and the 1974 Celica soon 🤞

Hello! Just want to share my impressions. =)

I'm a bit late for the Forza Horizon 4 festival. In January I replaced my old PC and got one that has enough power to play modern games. I stuck to Gran Turismo series, so FH4 is my first Forza game. I thought that why not have some fun till I wait for GT7, besides the price for the game was lowered and I've seen some videos about it, looked interesting. I must say that so far I'm pretty pleased with the game)
Got showered with cars and wheelspins, I got the VIP version. I think that I qualified to one of the seasons just by opening the wheelspin car rewards and getting the XP points))

I've been playing for a month now. Collected almost all cars. Getting a lot of duplicates now. Only the rare and 10.000.000 Cr. cars are left.

The seasons are looking nice. I like the snowy roads and a sunny day and puddles on the sides of the road in spring, muddy roads in autumn and clean cars in summer)

Some things of the game are annoying. The biggest issues I'm having is with the brake button. To stop to a standstill you need to carefully hold the trigger half-pulled so that the car won't throw the reverse gear at 20 km\h and start doing the reverse burnout while still rolling forward. :\
The other thing is the chase camera rotation point. Some cars have this point all the way to the rear, so that the nose of the car turns and then the camera follows. Like the Ariel Nomad. Makes the oversteer corrections hard and with simulation steering on, it's a snap-oversteer fest.

Got some obvious bugs and I'm surprised that they haven't been fixed. The barn find cars are displayed as a placeholder Ford Mondeo mockup car. I even got to drive one in a Super 7 challenge that someone made. The car didn't had any sound.)
During the replay the car doesn't shift gears.
Bentley Continental Forza Edition, the rear wing stays hovering in space when the boot lid is open.
The Ford Deluxe hotrod with low roof has the driver's helmet poking through the roof. =(
The VW Type 2 Forza Edition is so lowered that the exhaust pipe goes under the ground and the wheels go through the seats.
I also understand why the drone is flying so low, some of the surrounding areas start to glitch if you jump high.

But the my whole experience is quite positive. I like the collection of cars, very different types... some colors look off, like the yellow looks greenish. The story missions could have been fun if only I didn't had to fly through the forests and gardens like crazy to take the three stars. >_<

My favorite track is the Astmoor Heritage Circuit. The only track I use to drive my cars in free time)

Also had a funny bug at first. I got the demo from the Microsoft Store and connected a PS5 controller. As soon as the demo loaded the sound switched from the PC speakers to ...the controller vibration! I could feel the music through vibration. xD
The Steam version works fine.

gDQAHjmtAho.jpg

I love this game but it does my head in at times. A couple of the flaws of Eliminator just cost me another race, because of the distracting text obscuring my view. I misjudged the turn (I wanted to stay on the road), went off road, flipped over and then the game took ages to recognise the car was rolled over and wouldn't recover. And then when it eventually reset me, it put me further back as well. I just gave up at that point, it was lost. All caused by whoever decided the word GO! needed to be in large letters in the middle of the screen for five seconds.

Much complained about in FH4, never acknowledged as a problem by the devs, and FH5 has the same issue.

Yes This is a Major flaw. Annoying text that obscures your view for seemingly forever. And yet its the same stupid thing that you normally ignore anyway. But yet, must be put in the middle of the screen in absurdly large font. If we put it over to the left or right side people might not know when to go? Better make it huge Font in the middle of the screen. That way there is no missunderstanding!

Please vote for the Jaguar I Pace in the Backstage vote this week, if you can. It's not been seen for some time and one of the few cars left for me to acquire 👍

The Super 7 prize is the High Viz jacket this week if you need it like me.

Also, i had a great challenge come up...
Sort code 174 927 004

20220220_180908.jpg

Please vote for the Jaguar I Pace in the Backstage vote this week, if you can. It's not been seen for some time and one of the few cars left for me to acquire 👍
Dang it, I already picked the RCF!

I got started with this game myself with this series (already level 185 with all bonus boards, Horizon stories and non-seasonal barn finds and I haven’t even touched Fortune Island or LEGO despite owning the ultimate edition after two weeks of play!) and I got the 2019 Macan with my first backstage pass since it was a prize from the last series and it’s apparently OP in A class offroad races. Can’t wait for the snow to come on Thursday!

Sadly the cursed 3 stars at the Princess street speed trap in a Super GT car chapter is back in this Forzathon weekly challenge, probably tryed that a 100 times the last time it was on, with tons of tunes, no luck, it's one of those only 2 % will make it challenges sadly

Last edited:
Sadly the cursed 3 stars at the Princess street speed trap in a Super GT car chapter is back in this Forzathon weekly challenge, probably tryed that a 100 times the last time it was on, with tons of tunes, no luck, it's one of those only 2 % will make it challenges sadly
Do you use any aids?

I never had any problems with weeklies so was curious what is going on with Princess speed trap. It's ridiculously hard if you don't own the 812. Barely made it with 599 GTO, F12 Berlinetta or the AMG GT-R. Best was 230,6 MPH. Than I tried the Superfast and got 245 first try.

I played a little FH4 thanks to gamepass just to go back and see how it was compared to 5. I like the setting and the weather effects seem more pronounced then in FH5. Although the cars seem less grippy overall.

That said, there’s one car in particular that’s in FH4 and is not in FH5, the VW IDR Pikes Peak but I have no idea how to get it in game. Any help?

Ok I saw these before but never got any. I’ve basically just done all the regular missions but never received one. How do you get them?
First check to see if you have one already. Pause>Cars>Horizon Backstage. If you don’t, you can earn one for completing 50% of a full series Festival Playlist. That’s Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Fortunately a new season just started. You could get 50% in a few days just by completing 100% of this week’s and next week’s playlists. Or you can wait until the winter season which starts on the 19th. Then you’ll only need to complete 50% of that week’s challenges to get a backstage pass.

PG have just announced, in the interest of realism, they are working on a special patch which will make FH4 simulate 42C during the summer season....

Maybe... ;)

What’s a 42c?
Sorry, should have clarified for those not in the UK who would not get the reference.

Yesterday the UK recorded 40.3 centigrade, the highest temporature ever recorded which smashed the previous record of 38.7 centigrade.

There was a chance on Monday of yesterday going even higher than that (potentially 42C).

Today it's back down to 25C or less 🥶

Last edited:
This FH4 series I've gained 2 Horizon backstage passes (in the Autumn and now Spring seasons), both of which then disappeared without letting me pick a car (I have a few still left to collect).

Anyone else having this bug?

Last edited:
Hi guys can anyone explain how the festival works after you get the fortune island addon ? i see timed events but they don't seem to add to my % and last week i swear half the events in the festival were completed and i don't remember doing them. erm?

Despite owning the Ultimate edition of FH4 forever I've never really played it much as I felt I wasn't done with FH3... Anyway I played it yesterday but noticed that there are several car packs I don't have, seemingly I have to purchase them ?

Can anyone answer, is this right ?
Or should I already own everything ? I do have both expansions.

Last edited:
Back