Forza Horizon 4: General Pre-Release News & Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,945 comments
Looks like theres going to be a community created hub for all blueprinted events at each event location;

dhDM1i6.png

Garage Screen

K0qWOZ6.png
]

Few cool things about this shot;

What is the Creative Hub and Car Mastery?

qaKGceW.png

Autoshow

GBeGE7k.png

There are 27 kinds of new body kits of Rocket Bunny/Liberty Walk excluding for Toyota/Lexus. (When not including FC3S kit just released)

What other body kits will they add?
I hope it's not a "Turn 10" design body kit import of FM7.

There are 27 kinds of new body kits of Rocket Bunny/Liberty Walk excluding for Toyota/Lexus. (When not including FC3S kit just released)

What other body kits will they add?
I hope it's not a "Turn 10" design body kit import of FM7.

They said "30 new kits, many of which are branded, including off-road kits"

So I'd imagine we'd be getting maybe 10-15 new LB/Rocket Bunny Kits, maybe 5-10 new Off-Road kits and 5-10 new Generic Forza kits. That's probably in addition to all of the kits from last game and the FM7 ones too.

12 houses available. I was hoping it would be more like, "I like random house A, I'm going to buy it," so you could really pick out an individual property. Especially since you can't get out and walk around it. On the flip side, I'm sure there's specific modeling involved for each one to allow for photos and such, so it would be all but impossible to do that unless all the houses were of the same 1 or 2 models.

Re-watching the stream now that I've got sound on, and during the wheelspin sequence after the race in the Fiesta, you can just about make up the Camaro Z/28 as a prize choice. Strangely absent from FM7, so good to see it back.

So I decided to see what other kits from Rocket Bunny/Liberty Walk/Widebodies we were missing that could get added, since it sounds like quite a few are coming.

First, a quick recap of the Widebodies from FH3 that are most likely returning, plus the two confirmed today;

Rocket Bunny: 12
  1. 1997 BMW M3 E36
  2. 2005 BMW M3 E46
  3. 1992 Honda NSX-R
  4. 1997 Mazda RX-7
  5. 1998 Nissan Silvia S14 Kouki
  6. 1994 Nissan Silvia S14 Zenki
  7. 1992 Nissan 240SX
  8. 1992 Nissan Silvia S13
  9. 2000 Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R
  10. 1969 Nissan Fairlady Z 240
  11. 1993 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R *NEW*
  12. 2013 Subaru BRZ

Liberty Walk: 8
  1. 2008 BMW M3 E92
  2. 2014 BMW M4 Coupe
  3. 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
  4. 2009 Ferrari 458 Italia
  5. 2010 Lamborghini Murcielago SV
  6. 2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700 SV
  7. 2015 McLaren 650S Coupe *NEW*
  8. 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition

RWB/Generic: 8
  1. 1970 Datsun 510
  2. 1932 Ford De-Luxe Coupe Five Window
  3. 1990 Mazda Savanna RX-7 FC
  4. 1987 Nissan Skyline R31 GTS-R
  5. 1969 Nissan Fairlady Z 240 (has two kits)
  6. 1971 Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R
  7. 1995 Porsche 911 GT2
  8. 1979 Talbot Lotus Sunbeam
Here's the list of Widebodies in FM7 that could make the jump to FH4: 10
  1. 2017 Acura NSX
  2. 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Coupe
  3. 2017 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
  4. 2016 Ford Shelby GT350-R
  5. 2016 Honda Civic Type-R
  6. 1997 Honda Civic Type-R
  7. 2010 Maserati Gran-Turismo
  8. 2016 Mazda MX-5
  9. 2016 Mercedes-AMG C63 Coupe
  10. 1980 Porsche 924 GTS

Which would put us at 38, still with 30ish to reveal.

As I said, here are some educated guesses with a few pictures.

Off-Road: 7
  1. 2015 BMW X6 M (Educated Guess)
  2. 2016 Bentley Bentayga
  3. 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 (Educated Guess)
  4. 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor (Educated Guess)
  5. 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged SVR
  6. 2016 Nissan Titan Warrior (Educated Guess)
  7. 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo (Educated Guess)
Not sure what else would make sense here, could be anything in the off-road category.

Rocket Bunny:

Likely;
  1. 2009 Honda S2000 CR
  2. 1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata (I feel like this one is a must)
  3. 2011 Mazda RX-8 Mazdaspeed
  4. 2003 Nissan Fairlady Z (350Z) (Surely this too)
  5. 1992 Volkswagen Golf GTI Mk2 (At least one of the Golfs, gotta have a widebody hatch)
  6. 2014 Volkswagen Golf R
Unlikely;
  1. 2008 BMW M3 E92 (Already has LB kit so unlikely)
  2. 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor (Yes this is real)
  3. 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata ND (Already has a FE widebody that could be ported, unlikely)
  4. 1997 Mazda RX-7 FD Boss (Already got a kit, this is like the Boss kit on the S14 Kouki)
  5. 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition (Already has LB kit so unlikely)
  6. 2013 Subaru BRZ (Version 3) (This is just an update to the kit already in FH3/FM7, unlikely.

Liberty Walk:

Likely
  1. 2013 Audi R8 Coupe 5.2 FSI Quattro
  2. 2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series
  3. 2015 Ferrari 488 GTB
  4. 2014 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4
  5. 1973 Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R Fastback

Unlikely:
  1. 2017 Acura NSX (Already got that FE Kit)
  2. 2011 Audi RS5 Coupe
  3. 2012 Chrysler 300 C (is this car even returning)
  4. 2015 Ford Mustang GT (is this car even returning PT2)
  5. 2007 Ferrari F430 Scuderia (doooubt it)
  6. 2012 Infiniti IPL G Coupe G37 (is this even returning PT3)
  7. 1967 Lamborghini Muira SV (Surely not)
  8. 2010 Maserati Gran Turismo (Already got a FE Kit)
  9. 2009/12 Mini John Cooper Works (please let this be a thing, not matter how unlikely it is)
Not sure what else could get added in terms of generic support, but some of the older classics could use some fender flares like the 65 Mini Cooper, classic Muscle cars and the Opel Kadett. Stuff like the Evo's, Skylines (R34/R33), WRX's, Eclipses could all use some generic widebodies too IMO.

And the pics;

The Rocket Bunny Golfs;
17090310_c.jpg

17090320_a.jpg

Honda S2k
17050XX_S2K_a.jpg

The Rocket Bunny F-150, I mean if they do this, I have no words...
17080100_d.jpg

I'd want this one purely just for the diffuser;
17040400_RX8_c.jpg

LW Mini
bbe041bd1d54bbb0e3e6b8542f837fb2.jpg

First, I know it's a 30 fps game with only 12 cars in a race but I can't believe that Motorsport and Horizon share the same engine! The lighting is so much more natural in Horizon.
However, even if the game looks gorgeous, the Forza Horizon recipe starts being well known, almost repetitive. (verryyyy wide roads made for supercars with a patchwork map)

I remember in one of the earlier E3 interviews, the dev (might have been Ralph) specifically mentioned there will be more "hot rod kits".

This is a hood with a blower. Also Ralph (or other staff) said that chopped roof will be added to some car models.
Perhaps the chopped roof will be added to a car like 49 Mercury or Morris Minor.

Ford Fiesta WRC 2017. Hell yes!! Finally a proper World Rally machine!

Seems like the FIA are becoming more lenient with the WRC licence. The 2017 Citroen C3 WRC features in The Crew 2 and now last year's Fiesta is making an appearance in FH4 too. 👍

I wonder if that means the Microsoft-branded 2017 Toyota Yaris has a shot of making in the game too. After all, it is not a Toyota road car and could potentially be licensed under Toyota Gazoo Racing.

Seems like the FIA are becoming more lenient with the WRC licence. The 2017 Citroen C3 WRC features in The Crew 2 and now last year's Fiesta is making an appearance in FH4 too. 👍

I wonder if that means the Microsoft-branded 2017 Toyota Yaris has a shot of making in the game too. After all, it is not a Toyota road car and could potentially be licensed under Toyota Gazoo Racing.

I would very much like that, since I'm quite a fan of the 2017-spec cars.

EDIT: But wasn't Gazoo Racing a problem too? The Toyota TS040 disappeared from FM7 too, didn't it?

That's correct, would be a shame if that is still the case for the Yaris.

I think with more than one WRC car, the WRC Promoter would start having more of an issue. So, I think we won't see anything beyond the Fiesta. Fingers also crossed for the Peugeot 3008 DKR Maxi.

EDIT: Also, about the Yaris WRC not being a road car, rally cars must be road legal, so maybe it goes as a modified road car?

Even then, Toyota road cars can't be completely ruled out as the Arctic trucks are road legal too.

Unfortunately, if it was that simple, I think we would have seen Supras, MR2s, Chasers and so on tuned by the likes of TOM's and Top Secret in FM7.

I'm still hoping against hope for the Celica TwinCam Turbo (and the Nissan 240RS, for that matter), because three 2WD Group B cars (037, R5 Turbo 2 and Manta 400) just isn't enough.

Even then, Toyota road cars can't be completely ruled out as the Arctic trucks are road legal too.
I think the Arctic Trucks Hilux gets away with it because it is a third party reproduction, Kind of like how we had RUF in previous games as a substitute for Porsche.
Now I went and made myself sad because we no longer have the RUF Yellowbird

I have to say, based on what I've seen so far, that the map looks far, far more interesting than FH3's. There appears to be a lot more curves (as it should, it's England!) and a more realistic variety of road widths. They still look too wide, but it does seem better than before.

I like the move to houses as the hubs as I think it gives it a more intimate feel. The implementation is probably not as cool as PGR's, but I'll take it.

I wonder who is going to be first to add a robust car interior customization feature? I always drive in the interior view, so it would be awesome to change things.

I'm definitely going to pick this up.

They have probably adopted the same format as with the F1 license, where essentially games other than the Official F1 Game™ are limited to having current cars from one manufacturer only (hence why you have Ferraris in Assetto Corsa, the RBR in TC2, the Renault in Forza, etc.). In any case, I wouldn't hold my breath for the Yaris...

They have probably adopted the same format as with the F1 license, where essentially games other than the Official F1 Game™ are limited to having current cars from one manufacturer only (hence why you have Ferraris in Assetto Corsa, the RBR in TC2, the Renault in Forza, etc.). In any case, I wouldn't hold my breath for the Yaris...

At this stage, Hyundai's World Rally Team is like "Hey game devs, we exist too!" :lol:

The map already looks better than FH3. Wish it was larger of course. Hopefully it's quality over quantity if it has to be small. Too bad it does not appear to have real mountains like in Payback or Crew. Looks as flat as FH3.

Car customizations well better slightly more than nothing. Still no game out there that gives you FULL adjustability for stance and wheel settings. Must be an impossible task to do? Drag cars will remain ugly since no offset settings. Rear wheels looks like front wheels, ugh. Too bad there are no aftermarket steering wheels for cockpit users. Different guages and hud would be nice too. And different exhaust tips is not going to happen.

I believe these features can be implemented if they focus more on cars rather than chicken suits and dancing soyboys. Oh well, the game is still a must buy and I can't wait!

At least the track width is something.

fauxrizon.jpg

Back