Forza Horizon 4: General Pre-Release News & Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,945 comments
Exactly. This complaint reminds me of those annoyed at Battle Royale being added to games like Battlefield and Call Of Duty. If you don't like drag racing or drifting, you don't have to play it - it just means those who do can enjoy it to a greater extent. There is nothing wrong with expanding the appeal of a franchise as long as what you like is still provided.

Sure. It just depends on how Playground are going to do it I guess. If they're going to continue pandering to the drifters and drag racers without much more info for racing, then I think the complaints have merit. But again, they've added about the one thing most people have been requesting in a route creator, so I think we're good for the time being, especially considering that the actual racing in the Horizon series is, for the most part, good.

Some more good news;

No more telling @TheAdmiester to change it in the debug copy and dream about what could have been then.

Fake edit: 2000 posts!

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, FH2 and FH3 are both primarily made up of "regular" racing, not a lot of drift and not really any drag racing.

The idea of adding popular types of racing, or balancing the scales, so FH4 isn't 95% regular races and off road races, I don't see an issue.

For starters, I like all racing.
Also I want this game, (the GOAT of racing imho) to be amazing, all-encompassing, and unrivaled. Along with wildly successful.

For everyone that groans about drag racing, somebody groans about another type of racing, or cruising, or whatever it is.

You see, there's just so much to do in FH, that It's nearly impossible for everyone to like everything. (Unless they like almost every kind of car party)

I for one am thrilled to see them putting some focus on drag and drift racing. I've always liked drag racing but games usually put little to no effort into it and it's not enjoyable while the Twerkstallion from the Hoonigan pack has gotten me interested in doing a little drifting.

There's also still quite a bit of time left until launch, which means there is plenty of time to highlight the route creator and any other changes they've made to traditional racing.

See, this is without a doubt a better system then anything present at this point with regards to Forzathon.
100% Agree. Makes soooo much more sense. I'll actually be wanting to complete most of the forzathons now, just to make sure I get everything I want from the shop.

Is there any other questions you want me to ask Jonk btw? He's responded to my questions a few times now, I have quite a few of my own but interested to hear what you guys want to ask. He won't be able to answer everything since they want to hold on to some info for embargoes but yeah curious to hear your questions.

100% Agree. Makes soooo much more sense. I'll actually be wanting to complete all of the forzathons now, just to make sure I get everything I want from the shop.

Is there any other questions you want me to ask Jonk btw? He's responded to my questions a few times now, I have quite a few of my own but interested to hear what you guys want to ask. He won't be able to answer everything since they want to hold on to some info for embargoes but yeah curious to hear your questions.

Ask him if there's going to be any special parts and such for off-roaders.

I'm curious what "vanity items" will be. Pretty sure I'm going to ignore emotes and horns.

Fairly certain it's going to be clothing. There's really no other way to describe vanity items other then that, considering he grouped emotes and horns to be separate.

Fairly certain it's going to be clothing. There's really no other way to describe vanity items other then that, considering he grouped emotes and horns to be separate.
Clothing is fine with me. I've been a big fan of the driver gear from FM7, so allowing players to truly individualized their avatar with different clothing items sounds right up my alley. If you look at the gameplay footage that's been released, you can see the driver in the 1930-ish Blower Bentley is wearing a bowler hat, and I love that.

I've always been excited for new Horizon games, but this one takes the cake.
Every Horizon game has exceeded my hopes and expectations. I'm sure this one will, too.

I bet we can recreate the chase scene from National Treasure: Book of Secrets. We should have something close to the Mercedes used, the Range Rover, taxi and even the truck.

Plus, if you offer Nicolas Cage $5 he will probably make an appearance!

giphy.gif

After watching some Crew 2 video's, i hope they copy some features from the photomode and replays. the photomode in the Crew 2 is insane, you can change the weather and tod in real time in the photomode. The photomode in Forza starts to lack behind the competition now, even if its the easiest to use. Give us this type of options and im gonna take another 5000 photo's :lol:.

After watching some Crew 2 video's, i hope they copy some features from the photomode and replays. the photomode in the Crew 2 is insane, you can change the weather and tod in real time in the photomode. The photomode in Forza starts to lack behind the competition now, even if its the easiest to use. Give us this type of options and im gonna take another 5000 photo's :lol:.

Yep quite a few games have many more new features now mostly copied from the original Crew1(2014) There are not many games even now on a photo mode where you can change the weather instantly. The Crew1 also had TOD change option per 1hr not 30mins. The new feature that really makes a difference in the Crew2 is the live 'frame by frame' option so you can scan back/forward live footage a few mins etc or back to a full on race a few mins ago to take a photo. (War Frame & Bound photo modes used this great option as well).

I hope watching this video, where they explain you can pause online etc and use photo mode replays, they are also bringing in this frame by frame feature..as you say lets hope so..(or not) as I also will end up taking a few more 100s or 1000s (ish) :P

Not having too many new photo mode features on FM7 (compared to FM4/5/6) I ended up not using it much apart from the new tracks and testing the 4K as I had already taken many on the old photo mode so any new features to a Forza photomode are very welcome!👍

There needs to be a lot of overhauls. Photo mode, and especially livery editor. But of course, that won't happen.

They're already making changes to photo mode in FM7, so it's possible they bring more improvements to FH4. We are likely stuck with the livery editor and tuning though since any major changes would require everyone starting over. Hopefully once the next generation launches those areas will get revamped.

Since the car pass is only going to run for 21 weeks, I'm willing to bet that there'll be a second car pass of some sorts. It might not be the same price or length, but considering PG's commitment to support this game for years to come, I reckon it makes sense.

I'm willing to bet that there'll be a second car pass of some sorts.
Pretty sure someone has said this for every Forza game, but it hasn't happened. Then again, with the changes to how delivery of car pass content, and a potential longer lifecycle then previous games due to the T10 Team focusing on Fixing and improving FM7 rather the move on to FM8, It seems much more plausible there could be a Car Pass 2 this time around.

I hope these lead to being able to select Branded tire compounds at some point in the future. FH3 had "Forza" branded tires and Hot Wheels Redline race compound tires, Hopefully we can get more options like that in FH4, and for more then just the Race compound.

Back