Forza Horizon 4: General Pre-Release News & Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,945 comments
According to the YouTube comments section, a few large chunks of the map still isn't shown in the livestream.

Unless we're talking about the little square in the middle of the map, I can't see where you could tack on an extra piece of the map to the existing road network.

Also, it's interesting that FH4 has fewer defined roads, 468, than FH3's 483.

Cleaner version of Map

8DQqTKH.jpg

I’m intrigued by the icons on the map. Looks like there’s several Goliath-style races this time.

I've noticed that the rims and tires of previous Horizon titles would be 3D at stopped and slow speeds, but then switch to a 2D model when travelling at higher speeds (≈20mph give or take 5mph)

They missed my little house (and city) off the map. Looks like plenty of off road there.

Online photo mode looks very similar to the usual settings (although this video doesn't show panning (like FM7) or any new effects that might be available?)
DiU8Q_6WAAEBHNr.jpg
DiU8SNMX4AAoHEG.jpg

^^ I found this Stream here to view if anyone missed it

Also, looks like they made the drivers/avatars have different outfits and look photo real, I thought this was a video but it was the podium!
2018-07-18_075138.jpg

Last edited:
It's looking good.....can't wait for October 2nd.

I think the reason for the map being the same size is the constraints of the base xbox one. We could probably have a bigger map, but then the details will be sacrificed, so I'll rather have it like how it is now

I think the reason for the map being the same size is the constraints of the base xbox one.

And what about The Crew 2 ? :D

I would be happy if Horizon would be only half as big as TC2 and i´m willing to sacrifize some graphic bling bling for a bigger playground...

Tbh the Horizon Map size is pretty much the same since Horizon 1 on Xbox 360...

I would be happy if Horizon would be only half as big as TC2 and i´m willing to sacrifize some graphic bling bling for a bigger playground...

Tbh the Horizon Map size is pretty much the same since Horizon 1 on Xbox 360...

No thanks. Horizon is much better. The Crew 2 has a lot of things that need to be fixed. The map is really the only thing the Crew has over Horizon, and even then a lot of the cities feel soulless.

Horizon 2/3 are actually quite a bit bigger than horizon 1 btw.

No thanks. Horizon is much better. The Crew 2 has a lot of things that need to be fixed. The map is really the only thing the Crew has over Horizon, and even then a lot of the cities feel soulless.

Horizon 2/3 are actually quite a bit bigger than horizon 1 btw.
Now that I had the time to think on it, I the the roads in FH1 are more interesting to drive on. There are more technical rods and slow corners and less speedways and high speed turns. And disappointingly, FH4's tarmac seems to be made entirely out of them.

Now I kinda wish it was set in Japan, maybe then we'd get some honest to god tarmac switchbacks and more corners we can't just fly through.

Looks pretty flat to me:

wK79XFv.jpg
Is that from the player’s car or a drivatar’s (or other player) car? There probably is a difference in fidelity.

Not to say you are wrong though, I was already surprised to see possible polygon updates over previous titles. For cars it sure won’t happen but tires... could be.

I'd rather have a small map than a bland and boring one, thanks. :lol:

The map composite is odd, with some very glaring proportion issues, and I don't think it is 100% reliable yet - I don't expect the map to be much larger, mind you, but I think I'd rather wait for a better look at an actual, full map of the final game area before passing judgement.

Online photo mode looks very similar to the usual settings (although this video doesn't show panning (like FM7) or any new effects that might be available?)

They didn't show what's under the effects tab at all. I'd expect panning and the water-on-lens effect may carry across from FM7, however. Notably, the Forza logo isn't added in before shooting - which means that it will be possible to upload watermark-less photos to Xbox Live or Onedrive, just like with FH3, and unlike FM7. Of course, that may change in the release version of the game... Let's hope not.

Last edited:
Back