Forza Horizon 4: General Pre-Release News & Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,945 comments
syyykc1laka11.jpg

from r/forza
By the looks of it, the windy and most interesting roads are (once again?) dirt.

Not even going to comment on the talentless baristas they added in the game for you to customize :lol:

You know, with all the emphasis on body kits, it'd be nice to have some more manufacturer kits, like the Weissach Pack on the 918 (and the 991.2 GT3 RS if it actually makes it into the game) or the production aero kit on the Regera.
Absolutely agree, I can see why the focus is on Rocket Bunny etc tho.

Now looking at the map closely it does appear to not have any tarmac twisties. There is a tiny one in their stream? Better not be the only one. The offroad stuff is cool, but why more focus on that? Is this what Forza fans are after? Or is this more about the sheeple mainstream first? If they were to do a poll for car people a lot of folks out there wouldn't agree with them. Yet they claim to know what their fans want.

Now looking at the map closely it does appear to not have any tarmac twisties. There is a tiny one in their stream? Better not be the only one. The offroad stuff is cool, but why more focus on that? Is this what Forza fans are after? Or is this more about the sheeple mainstream first? If they were to do a poll for car people a lot of folks out there wouldn't agree with them. Yet they claim to know what their fans want.

....you do realize that the Horizon series is a sandbox, right? that there's really multiple ways to play it?

I for one am glad PG are still focusing on keeping that off roading love in Horizon. I build rally cars in FM7, but most of the tracks have too many straights and less tight corners. So with Horizon, it's a paradise because I'm not fond of just driving on tarmac. Besides, at least there are still tarmac roads at all.

Look, one can respectfully criticize what PG is doing. But the beauty of the Horizon series is that sandbox nature, the ability to do whatever you really want. Is there a focus on some other things? sure, but then again, that's been the MO for the Horizon series since 2.

Then again, I don't expect much from someone who feels the need to call paying players 'sheeple', throw out transphobic remarks in this very thread, and consistently flag themselves as some far right chud.

I'm curious where Chesterton Mill fits in to the map. It's nowhere near the landmarks shown, it's much further south.

Well we all share one thing here, it's automobiles. Looks like that is where it stops, lol. Didn't realize the PC SJW culture has spread to GTP too. So my bad for not realizing this. Not long ago this place was not like this at all. But I love GTP. So now I have a better understanding how this place runs and act accordingly.

Nothing wrong with offroading. It is mainly a road car game. So to have offroad invade this game will upset some folks out there. But so far the amount seems okay in my opinion. Not to much or too little to me. But roadcars and the roads they drive on is top priority. Good to see they still rule and kept it Forza and not some confused jack of all trades master of none racer.

Well we all share one thing here, it's automobiles. Looks like that is where it stops, lol. Didn't realize the PC SJW culture has spread to GTP too. So my bad for not realizing this. Not long ago this place was not like this at all. But I love GTP. So now I have a better understanding how this place runs and act accordingly.

Nothing wrong with offroading. It is mainly a road car game. So to have offroad invade this game will upset some folks out there. But so far the amount seems okay in my opinion. Not to much or too little to me. But roadcars and the roads they drive on is top priority. Good to see they still rule and kept it Forza and not some confused jack of all trades master of none racer.

dude, shut up. take your dumb as **** SJW blathering somewhere else.

Sorry, triggered much? Sounds like it...

:lol::lol::lol:

Actually, I changed my mind on the dress up. If mustaches are a thing, then I want to dress up like Burt Reynolds for some "Smokey and the Bandit" shenanigans!

EDIT: I have something else to say. I am a bit disappointed on the lack of twisty asphalt roads. Sure, there's still some of that map covered up to be shown, but I figured I would see at least one on the rest of it.

Last edited:
Actually, I changed my mind on the dress up. If mustaches are a thing, then I want to dress up like Burt Reynolds for some "Smokey and the Bandit" shenanigans!

Hopefully they have a novelty cowboy hat as well so we can channel our inner Turd Ferguson! :lol:

hqdefault.jpg

EDIT: I have something else to say. I am a bit disappointed on the lack of twisty asphalt roads. Sure, there's still some of that map covered up to be shown, but I figured I would see at least one on the rest of it.

Seems kind of like FH3 where there are a few twisty sections but nothing more than a handful of corners. I still think it will be a better map though as it seems to have more elevation and they aren't trying to shove in several different climates on one map.

Will there be no demo for Horizon 4?
Gotta admit I haven't really followed news for Horizon 4, but just did some research for a demo release date, but couldn't find anything official.

Will there be no demo for Horizon 4?
Gotta admit I haven't really followed news for Horizon 4, but just did some research for a demo release date, but couldn't find anything official.
Turn 10 Studios did confirm a demo of Forza Horizon 4 a few weeks ago. I presume that it will be released a couple of weeks before the full game's launch date.

Turn 10 Studios did confirm a demo of Forza Horizon 4 a few weeks ago. I presume that it will be released a couple of weeks before the full game's launch date.
They didn't explicitly confirm a demo, merely stating "you know us, we do demos".

That leaves us to fill in the blanks.

I'm ok with a bigger amount of off roady stuff, mainly consider motorsport is all tarmac, need a forza for the other side.

If there's one thing I want Horizon to take from the Crew, it's the inclusion of real life circuit or two. It would've been a nice touch if Australia map included Mount Panorama, or if the UK map includes Brands Hatch or Silverstone. Also, Pikes Peak and monaco for the first two horizon games.

Anybody else excited to see what car mastery is tomorrow? If it's anything like 1000 Club for FH1, I'll be super happy. Challenges and rewards for each car in the game will give this game even more longevity and more of a reason to collect all of the cars.

Anybody else excited to see what car mastery is tomorrow? If it's anything like 1000 Club for FH1, I'll be super happy. Challenges and rewards for each car in the game will give this game even more longevity and more of a reason to collect all of the cars.

I'm pretty sure it'll be based around various PR stunts and skills or photography, but I'm very curious to see what the reward will be for completing the challenges for each car.

I'm pretty sure it'll be based around various PR stunts and skills or photography, but I'm very curious to see what the reward will be for completing the challenges for each car.

Yeah that's a good shout. I'd like to see the Road Trip challenge from FH1 return for the masteries. They had timed, skill and clean ones which I thought were cool.

As for rewards, I was thinking they could be buffs but that wouldn't make sense as Forza Editions are still a thing. Maybe some manufacturer exclusive clothes? Credits? Discounts for car upgrades?

It looks like I am in for the Ultimate Edition again. :P Great value this year. Early access and 2 expansions. Pre-order going in soon. I won't wait for the demo, this is a game I want on release (I'm still playing FH3 with loads of cars I never got round to buying and so many unfinished events to do-so much value). I'm really looking forward to this one, much more than I was with Forza 7 MSport last year, which I can't seem to get into for some reason, even the photo mode!
2018-07-24_062409.jpg

Back