Forza Horizon 4: General Pre-Release News & Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,945 comments
Wonderful car list. Was hoping to see the 2019 Porsche GT3 RS replace the 2016 (or have both like in FM7?), but they're pretty much the same cars right.

I’m viewing these leaks as a way to gather the direction they’re going with the list more than any specific inclusions/exclusions.

I’m liking what I’ve been seeing though.

Apparently, someone leaked out the full car list from Forza Horizon 4's leaked audio files list on the Forza Subreddit.

PS: There are some new-to-Forza-franchise vehicles in the list.

As an official Chevy fanboy, I'm glad to see the '67 Chevelle back on the list (it was missing from the other ones). I'm still bummed the Hoonigan Loki K5 Blazer is missing, unless I'm overlooking it. Also, it's very weird to me that the 2017 Chevy Colorado doesn't appear to be making the jump from FM7 to where it actually belongs. Still, the list is not final so hopefully there will be a few more additions! Otherwise it is looking great!

As an official Chevy fanboy, I'm glad to see the '67 Chevelle back on the list (it was missing from the other ones). I'm still bummed the Hoonigan Loki K5 Blazer is missing, unless I'm overlooking it. Also, it's very weird to me that the 2017 Chevy Colorado doesn't appear to be making the jump from FM7 to where it actually belongs. Still, the list is not final so hopefully there will be a few more additions! Otherwise it is looking great!

The Blazer is under BJ Baldwin.

Ford Hoonigan F150 1977

dims

:D

Soundtrack is once again pretty weak if you're not into drum and bass or electronic stuff.
I'm guessing that licensing music takes up a fair chunk of the budget (although probably not as much as the cars themselves). If Playground's stats are telling them that a majority of players are diehard jungulists then I guess that would influence them towards Hospital.

It could also be that they're still in negotiations to sign other labels although personally I didn't really listen to Epitaph and Touch Sensitive that much. I wish Spotify integration was a thing. Then I could kick off with Jackie Edwards's This Is Another Festival.

Can't get all that excited about the Valkyrie considering just how many iterations it's gone through. Whatever T10 scanned is already going to be outdated.

Does it even have a running prototype? Or are they just going to use the generic AM V12 sound?

Can't get all that excited about the Valkyrie considering just how many iterations it's gone through. Whatever T10 scanned is already going to be outdated.

Does it even have a running prototype? Or are they just going to use the generic AM V12 sound?

It's entirely possible T10 had access to a version of the car we the public haven't yet seen. It wouldn't be the first time (see the Veloster, as just the most recent example).

Wait a minute, is that an extra Formula Drift BMW M3?

Also, very worrying that almost none of the FM7 DLC cars have made it across. Even if this list is incomplete, they haven't shown up on any of the other leaked lists either.

While I’m impressed with some of the names they got, it’s probably worse than FH3 imo. Horizon Pulse is full of songs that aren’t on Spotify, by artists that don’t even have LPs out yet, I’d assume Playground have made a deal with whichever label they’re from. Bass Arena had a few songs that I knew but was underwhelming. I was impressed with them managing to get Kendrick Lamar for Block Party, and some of the classic stuff should be fun, but there again a few no name acts with few releases. No Grime or any sort of British Hip Hop either which is a mind blowing call, and I imagine that will be incredibly unpopular on social media when they actually announce it. Horizon XS is my major let down. FH2’s XS was incredible, it’s summery festival rock matched the game to tee, and put me on to The War On Drugs. This time around, they’ve ditched the indie rock style, and replaced it with bland radio rock, and really awful and uninteresting ‘hard’ rock.

With FH1 and FH2, they were curated by DJ Rob Da Bank, I didn’t actually think he would’ve had much say in what actually goes into the games soundtrack, and thought they might’ve just been saying it to create some buzz. But after FH3 and now FH4, the difference is night and day. The soundtracks for FH1 and FH2 felt like they were made specifically for the game, curated perfectly to fit the feeling and setting of the game. Pulse has now changed to pretty bland pop, instead for more suitable indie pop style of the first two games. Bass Arena has stayed relatively the same, and then XS who has just seemingly swallowed the style that Epitaph had in FH3. It seems as though they’ve just tried to get as many cheap record label deals without actual curation for the game itself. I’ve rambled on massively here, but I don’t know, just very disappointed.

There's also a lot of FH3 "normal" DLC cars missing:

- AMC Pacer X (free barn find)
- Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6
- Chevrolet Vega GT
- Dodge Dart GT
- Ford F-100 Flareside Abatti Racing Trophy Truck
- Ford Falcon XR GT
- HDT VK Commodore Group A
- Holden FX Sedan
- Hoonigan Holden Commodore Ute (counting this one as it's a split FH3/FM7 DLC)
- Renault Alpine GTA Le Mans
- Spania GTA Spano
- Tamo Racemo (free gift)

Also conspicuously missing from FH3:

- Alfa Romeo Milano Quadrifoglio Verde
- Aston Martin V12 Zagato
- Baldwin Motorsports #97 Monster Energy Trophy Truck
- Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
- Donkervoort D8 GTO
- Ferrari 250 California (though it's possibly what the "Ferrari 250 GT 1960" is referring to, even if the year is off)
- Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged
- Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.3
- Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren (counting this one as it's fully usable in the dev build)
- Plymouth Prowler
- Subaru BRAT GL
- Terradyne Gurkha LAPV
- W Motors Lykan HyperSport

Also, I find it funny how there's more Ford Fiesta/Focus models on that list than there are Alfa Romeos.

Last edited:
I am really hoping that list is 100% legit. As weird as it may seem I'm looking forward to possibly driving a Transit Diesel the most.

I mean sure I could just try to remake it with the Transit Supersportvan, but it's not the same.

There's also a lot of FH3 "normal" DLC cars missing:

- AMC Pacer X (free barn find)
- Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6
- Chevrolet Vega GT
- Dodge Dart GT
- Ford F-100 Flareside Abatti Racing Trophy Truck
- Ford Falcon XR GT
- HDT VK Commodore Group A
- Holden FX Sedan
- Hoonigan Holden Commodore Ute (counting this one as it's a split FH3/FM7 DLC)
- Renault Alpine GTA Le Mans
- Spania GTA Spano
- Tamo Racemo (free gift)

Also conspicuously missing from FH3:

- Alfa Romeo Milano Quadrifoglio Verde
- Aston Martin V12 Zagato
- Baldwin Motorsports #97 Monster Energy Trophy Truck
- Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
- Donkervoort D8 GTO
- Ferrari 250 California (though it's possibly what the "Ferrari 250 GT 1960" is referring to, even if the year is off)
- Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged
- Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.3
- Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren (counting this one as it's fully usable in the dev build)
- Plymouth Prowler
- Subaru BRAT GL
- Terradyne Gurkha LAPV
- W Motors Lykan HyperSport

Also, I find it funny how there's more Ford Fiesta/Focus models on that list than there are Alfa Romeos.
This is nothing new to me, PG/Turn 10 have never been able to keep every car from their previous entries for the next entry in the series. It's sad, but that's the way it is.

Back