Forza Horizon 4: General Pre-Release News & Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,945 comments
I hope this one comes back because it's so good for RP as SWAT or a bank truck.

When did Horizon become an RPG? Not that there's anything wrong with that, I've just never come across anyone that does it.

Typical users of this thing are rammers/griefers.

When did Horizon become an RPG? Not that there's anything wrong with that, I've just never come across anyone that does it.

Typical users of this thing are rammers/griefers.
People have been doing this in Forza Horizon and Gran Turismo for years; to role play cops and robbers. For instances, there has been police lobbies in FH3 formed by users on this site. I know because I joined a couple myself.

Last edited:
People have been doing this in Forza Horizon and Gran Turismo for years; to role play cops and robbers. For instances, there has been police lobbies in FH3 formed by users on this site for instance. I know because I joined a couple myself.

Good to know. Thanks!

I’ve been getting that too. No message to receive credits. Edit rewards are working now.
Did they announce the loyalty rewards for people starting Horizon 4 yet? I can't even remember whether they ever did this for Horizon.

Last edited:
We don't have any actual information, but a lot of people are speculating that the day one pack will feature the Bond cars since there just so happens to be 7 of them.

The AMC Hornet and the Ford Anglia from the same leak could also count as part of that pack. The Hornet was in The Man with the Golden Gun and the Ford Anglia was the first vehicle to ever be featured in a Bond movie (Dr. No).

That makes 9, just 1 short of the 10 cars in the Day One Pack.

1974 AMC Hornet X
1964 Aston Martin DB5 Bond Edition
1987 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Bond Edition
2014 Aston Martin DB10 Bond Edition
1999 BMW Z8 Bond Edition
1981 Citroen 2CV Bond Edition
1959 Ford Anglia
2010 Jaguar C-X75
1977 Lotus Esprit Bond Edition

A car that seems to be related to 007 from already leaked cars?

1974 AMC Hornet X
1999 BMW Z8 Bond Edition
1959 Ford Anglia
2010 Jaguar C-X75

...the Sunbeam Tiger? It was essentially an Alpine with a V8 engine, and that was the first Bond car (the collaboration with Aston Martin would only begin with Goldfinger). I could totally see them re-using the assets they already have to re-create that car with the proper I4 engine, if they have already secured a licensing deal for Sunbeam cars with whoever owns the rights to the marquee these days.

Also, hasn't Universal recently striken a very important deal to distribute the next Bond movie? Considering their long-standing working relationship with MS, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they decided to give us another day-one car pack featuring one of the IPs they are distributing, especially seeing as the game is set in the ancestral land of 007 :lol:.

...the Sunbeam Tiger? It was essentially an Alpine with a V8 engine, and that was the first Bond car (the collaboration with Aston Martin would only begin with Goldfinger). I could totally see them re-using the assets they already have to re-create that car with the proper I4 engine, if they have already secured a licensing deal for Sunbeam cars with whoever owns the rights to the marquee these days.

Also, hasn't Universal recently striken a very important deal to distribute the next Bond movie? Considering their long-standing working relationship with MS, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they decided to give us another day-one car pack featuring one of the IPs they are distributing, especially seeing as the game is set in the ancestral land of 007 :lol:.

I'm guessing it's PSA Peugeot Citroën, since they bought out Chrysler Europe (who bought out/was formed from the Rootes Group – of which the Sunbeam brand was a part – and Simca).

Last edited:
Some new screens from Gamespot
3428151-forzahorizon4_gamescom_wm_05.jpg

3428132-forzahorizon4_gamescom_wm_03.jpg

3428145-forzahorizon4_gamescom_wm_02.jpg

3428147-forzahorizon4_gamescom_wm_04.jpg

1974 AMC Hornet X
1999 BMW Z8 Bond Edition
1959 Ford Anglia
2010 Jaguar C-X75

The plot thickens:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...JEAQ&usg=AOvVaw0eSvAcZMs1TOLyRVO9uoD5&ampcf=1

Could the 'bond db5' be this ethier way this is very interesting to see what happens.

I got the UE edition pre-ordered for the PC, compared to The Crew 2 UE this one seems much better value for money when you look at what you get. TC2 was £5 less but all I got was some discount at the shop and some cars that can be bought in game anyway(with a week delay).

Also I kinda lucked out, I had 2 weeks of holiday left to take at work so at the time I just looked at the week I could take soonest. What do you know it was the first week in October so I got all week off work to play it as well.

I wonder if we'll ever see ray tracing be implemented in a Forza game.

That's the only way I can see the visuals moving forward, the GC shots are already stunning! :drool:

Hopefully ray tracing becomes the norm for next-gen consoles.

RTX quality Raytraced shadows and reflections would be amazing in Forza.

New Gamescom Team Adventure gameplay footage:

Wow, now I wonder, just how much will they downgrade the graphics (other than the resolution) so that it works on my Xbox One S. It looks seriously awesome, somehow they made it look even better than FH3, expecially the sand on the beach which now reacts to the cars way more.

I wonder if we'll ever see ray tracing be implemented in a Forza game.
This is how it would look, they showed this in 2010. Its the same car model whe have right now but with ray tracing. they should focus on this next gen because it makes it soo much more real looking. Like the reflections in the mirrors relfecting the inner mirror itself and the speedometer yellow light soflty bounce around the plastic just nuts.
FM_458_poster.jpg

forza-motorsport-4-review.png

e3-2010-forza-4-artwork-20100614031913740.jpg

FM_458_engine_poster.jpg

I really hope the next gen Consoles have RTX compatible GPUs. RTX will be a game changer for real time lighting and reflections. If one console has it and the other doesn't I feel it will have a massive impact on the next generation Console wars.

Racing games are pretty much the perfect showcases for ray tracing. I really hope they'll start playing around with it at least on the PC version because next gen consoles still seem so far away.

Back