Forza Horizon 4: General Pre-Release News & Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,945 comments
I doubt it'd be the opening to the game this time around, more like the four seasons taster we saw at E3 is my guess.
I imagine the four seasons thing will be the opening to the game and that’ll be all the demo includes + a few opening races.

No matter what the demo actually includes I’ll probably just wait for release to keep everything fresh

Also, talking about the mega length races, and taking into consideration that we also kind of know how the career mode is going to be set up (divided by seasons) I wouldn't be surprised if the four races are for each season (can be played in all seasons afterward of course) and then Goliath is the big one that serves as the last event of the game.

Last edited:

Also, talking about the mega length races, and taking into consideration that we also kind of know how the career mode is going to be set up (divided by seasons) I wouldn't be surprised if the four races are for each season (can be played in all seasons afterward of course) and then Goliath is the big one that serves as the last event of the game.

No, when looking the the stream you can find the different Mega races. The Behemoth (or how it is called) is a drag race, Goliath a normal Street race, i think the Titan is the off-road race and the last one takes you cross country

These specs don't mention what the target resolution and framerate are going to be.

I'd like to know what resolution is required for 144fps at those specs, and/or what framerate I can get with 4K Ultra.

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_8_31_18

Last week, we teased that the September episode of “Forza Monthly” would be the place where Forza fans could see the Halo Showcase event in Forza Horizon 4 for the very first time. The show will air on September 10 beginning at 1 p.m. Pacific and, in addition to showing off the Warthog in all its Horizon 4 glory, we’ll be diving deep into the Horizon 4 car list, talking about the Forza Racing Championship ahead of the Series 2 Playoffs in Mexico City, and showing off all the cool stuff coming to Forza Motorsport 7 with our September update.

Was this mentioned before?

At 08:20 Ralf is talking about the Prologue part before entering the Horizon Life part of the game. So the game will start as the demo shown previous at E3 and Gamescom then we will start the Prologue part of the game. He said we will need roughly 6h of gameplay to finish the Prologue part. Hmm, could it be that the demo will include that part of the game? I can't imagine the demo will be just the first 8 minutes shown at the conventions. That would be awesome. Just a few weeks more. Can't wait.

Was this mentioned before?

At 08:20 Ralf is talking about the Prologue part before entering the Horizon Life part of the game. So the game will start as the demo shown previous at E3 and Gamescom then we will start the Prologue part of the game. He said we will need roughly 6h of gameplay to finish the Prologue part. Hmm, could it be that the demo will include that part of the game? I can't imagine the demo will be just the first 8 minutes shown at the conventions. That would be awesome. Just a few weeks more. Can't wait.

The Demo will probably be the same formula as the previous two. As in, a quarter of the map accessible, starting with the cover car drive to the festival and then being given a few events to enter with a car of your choice.

Demos are great for those that are on the fence with whether to buy or not, but since I've pre-ordered I'll skip the demo and wait for release. I don't want to spoil anything.

Man, I can't believe September is here! Only a few more weeks!! How do I pass the time? I guess push through some more of Horizon 2!

The Demo will probably be the same formula as the previous two. As in, a quarter of the map accessible, starting with the cover car drive to the festival and then being given a few events to enter with a car of your choice.
Yeah, I played the FH3 demo before purchasing the game, so I have an idea. But since the fourth installment is so different they sure want new players to experience the seasons changing and since the Prologue will include that I was hoping we would experience that as well. We'll see in a few weeks. I pre-ordered also the UE but I will play the demo too. I'm to eager to try the game. I will also play Horizion 2 (still trying to hit Tier10) since I was late and joined Forza games only last year. Man I missed so much sticking with Sony and waiting endlessly for new GT games. Glad I made the jump.

Yeah, I played the FH3 demo before purchasing the game, so I have an idea. But since the fourth installment is so different they sure want new players to experience the seasons changing and since the Prologue will include that I was hoping we would experience that as well. We'll see in a few weeks. I pre-ordered also the UE but I will play the demo too. I'm to eager to try the game. I will also play Horizion 2 (still trying to hit Tier10) since I was late and joined Forza games only last year. Man I missed so much sticking with Sony and waiting endlessly for new GT games. Glad I made the jump.
I'm unsure if I will try out the demo. I always have in the past, but I'm thinking this time the whole map will feel more fresh and special if I just wait to drive all of it at release.

I am on the Horizon...

I bought a game controller yesterday (sorry, no PC wheel, don't have the storage space for it right now, when I do though!!!) for my programming projects, I just bought Game Pass, so next month a week before 38 "Fast" makes his Forza debut.

The Forza Motorsport Wikia has a lot of new in-game screenshots to go along with the Achievements list.

Link: https://forza.wikia.com/wiki/Forza_Horizon_4/Achievements
latest

latest

latest

These are cool

Jesus christ. I assume there is no way to disable those emotes and characters?

MXH
Jesus christ. I assume there is no way to disable those emotes and characters?
Eventually it will be possible. Just look at the avatars at the end of one of the team adventure race at 04:58... some are dancing while the others are just standing still.

Are You sure that’s the M5 HE? Was hoping for some fender flares and some other goodies
I’m not really surprised. HE’s are basically just preset tuned cars with special bonuses. None of the HE’s in FH3 actually had anything unique about them aside from a special paint colour and gameplay bonuses (although I believe a few had unique engine swaps).

Back