Forza Horizon 4: General Pre-Release News & Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,945 comments
  • 1964 Aston Martin DB5 inspired by Goldfinger (1964), Thunderball (1965), GoldenEye (1995), Skyfall (2012) and Spectre (2015)
  • 1969 Aston Martin DBS from On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (1969)
  • 1974 AMC Hornet X Hatchback from The Man With the Golden Gun (1974)
  • 1977 Lotus Esprit S1 from The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
  • 1981 Citroën 2CV6 from For Your Eyes Only (1981)
  • 1986 Aston Martin V8 from The Living Daylights (1987)
  • 1999 BMW Z8 from The World is Not Enough (1999)
  • 2008 Aston Martin DBS from Quantum of Solace (2008)
  • 2010 Jaguar C-X75 from Spectre (2015)
  • 2015 Aston Martin DB10 from Spectre (2015)
Ah, a Jaguar C-X75, 1977 Lotus Esprit, and an AMC Hornet. I'm glad I pre-ordered the ultimate edition! 👍

Only one question remains for me regarding the Pack, which engine will the Jaguar C-X75 have?

I’m aware that for the movie they used the 5.0 Supercharged Jag V8 for the movie cars, but the developmental prototypes packed a twin charged 1.6 4 cylinder with 2 electric motors for 890hp total.

It'll probably have whichever engine the car they modeled had. :P

I'm really happy for the S1 Esprit, really looking forward to blasting that down the countryside.

Only one question remains for me regarding the Pack, which engine will the Jaguar C-X75 have?

I’m aware that for the movie they used the 5.0 Supercharged Jag V8 for the movie cars, but the developmental prototypes packed a twin charged 1.6 4 cylinder with 2 electric motors for 890hp total.

I think they'll use the one with the V8 since the project itself had been cancelled since 2013. Plus 7 cars were built for Spectre compared to the 5 development prototypes.

Don't say that too loud, the GT:Sport horde will come and argue. :lol:

I think I read somewhere that the base Xbox will only render 1080p @30FPS... Might be time to invest in a new console.

I'm honestly fine with 1080/30 on my base XB1 as long as the game plays great.

Lotus1.jpg

I'm expecting how they will redesign this.

I'm so glad I ordered the Ultimate Edition now. Glad to see the Bond Car Pack announced and looking forward to driving the DB10 and CX-75.

Loving that Flying Scotsman is the Steam Locomotive in the Showcase as well which, for me is one of the things I'm looking forward to the most in the game.

Alright, the Bond pack just convinced me to preorder the UE, don't know when i'll do it but i'll do for sure.
Can't wait to see the Wet Nellie kit for the Lotus.

I have just noticed that the jet planes used in the Summer section of the first race are the same ones used in the IL Tricolore Aereo Showcase Event in Forza Horizon 2, just with a difference in body colour.

Jet Planes (Forza Horizon 4)
ACyLKNg.jpg

IL Tricolore Aereo Planes (Forza Horizon 2)
kyIKvOW.jpg

So my thoughts on the demo, It just made the wait for the 28th much harder for me to tolerate. :P

Highlights include..
  • The christmas trees at the festival dragstrip work on a timed loop, but are functional.
  • The Senna is unsurprisingly high S2 Class stock and is capable of 1,180hp fully tuned.
  • The 1.6 turbo rally engine has been revamped (guessing its based on the new Fiesta Rally car.) with over 650hp fully built IIRC.
  • The WRX has the normal 6.2 V8 swap, but also a 4.0 Flat 6 from the 911 GT3 and a 2.0 F4 Turbo Rally engine from the Impreza Rally Car, The latter of which is a £150k engine. :eek:
After parking up next to the big lake, even though it’s been said that the map is roughly the same size as FH3’s, The Lake made me feel like it’s a whole lot bigger.

And of course for the finish line showboaters can now watch their slides in all their glory, like this one. ;)

Guess it’s time to get some other games finished up before the 28th. :D

I can't even play enjoyably as there's an annoying sound issue (static) on the PC version.

Ran the benchmark a few times and...I need a new video card. Finally.

Apparently the game can't handle USB DACs, which is kind of a problem for those running beefy sound systems off their PCs or even just USB headsets...

I can't even play enjoyably as there's an annoying sound issue (static) on the PC version.

Ran the benchmark a few times and...I need a new video card. Finally.

If you're on PC and having this issue, the fault (somehow) lies with sampling rate. Change it to 24/48 and you'll be fine. I'd imagine 16/48 would result in the same outcome.

Apparently the game can't handle USB DACs, which is kind of a problem for those running beefy sound systems off their PCs or even just USB headsets...

That's not something I wanted to read. I've been eyeing a new DAC/AMP for a while now...

...I have never owned an Xbox in my entire life, but I have to admit - missing out on the Horizon games is tough. I'm trying to justify buying an Xbox, mostly just for this game (perhaps also for 2 or 3 other games in the future) as I don't own any current-gen console, and my PC is not up to task except on the lowest of settings. We'll see if I manage to resist. It looks amazing.

I found some interesting things in license list.
(This is not a promise that these cars will be added to FH4 in the future)

d323e6c1-6de6-4f4b-8666-f5298d1b07f5.png

Eagle (Chrysler) doesn't exist in the car list.

58ebca11-2c29-4767-b9ec-5860a4d9aff1.png

Square Enix and Final Fantasy XV.
By the way, the license of Hot Wheels / Mattel didn't exist on the list.

258ebca11-2c29-4767-b9ec-5860a4d9aff1.png

SVX

2ca0fe89a-8096-433d-8ef7-21afd9e8e688.png

Toyota, Scion, Lexus.

Although I'm not familiar with contracts, I think that FCA and Toyota's licenses are contracts including all sub-brands.
But it would be fun to make guesses from these lists.

Latest Posts

Back