Forza Horizon 4: General Pre-Release News & Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,945 comments
I have just noticed that the jet planes used in the Summer section of the first race are the same ones used in the IL Tricolore Aereo Showcase Event in Forza Horizon 2, just with a difference in body colour.

Jet Planes (Forza Horizon 4)
ACyLKNg.jpg

IL Tricolore Aereo Planes (Forza Horizon 2)
kyIKvOW.jpg
And here is more proof.
Dm93uPaVsAE-fMp.jpg

Dm93wgCU4AImlF5.jpg

Same goes for the fighter jet plane model from the High Rise Rush Showcase Event in Forza Horizon 3.

High Rise Rush Fighter Jet (Forza Horizon 3): https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm93vZbUUAAkB90.jpg
Bugatti Film Job Bad Guy Fighter Jet (Forza Horizon 4):
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm93s30VAAAXnXt.jpg​

I can't even play enjoyably as there's an annoying sound issue (static) on the PC version.

Ran the benchmark a few times and...I need a new video card. Finally.

I actually forgot it could be played on PC, I'll have to give it a go. What card are you running? We've not long fitted a 6GB GTX1060 so I'm hoping I can get some nice visuals from this game.

And here is more proof.
Dm93uPaVsAE-fMp.jpg

Dm93wgCU4AImlF5.jpg

Same goes for the fighter jet plane model from the High Rise Rush Showcase Event in Forza Horizon 3.

High Rise Rush Fighter Jet (Forza Horizon 3): https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm93vZbUUAAkB90.jpg
Bugatti Film Job Bad Guy Fighter Jet (Forza Horizon 4):
Copy/pasting assets FTW!!!

In all honestly I don’t mind at all as long as if it within the same console generation. With cars they basically do the same as well.

Besides, that jet looks darn sexy in both games, nice screenshots!

Currently holding out on playing the demo but I do have one question; how is the damage model for the cars? Is it like Motorsport where you can have bumpers falling off, or is it still the same "crinkling up like aluminum foil" model from Horizon 3?

Currently holding out on playing the demo but I do have one question; how is the damage model for the cars? Is it like Motorsport where you can have bumpers falling off, or is it still the same "crinkling up like aluminum foil" model from Horizon 3?

I haven't played the game myself but from footage I've seen, exhausts can fall off. The rest of the modelling seems to be carried over from Horizon 3.

I may have just issued out on the info, but with the Route Creator, do we know if other people will be able to download our tracks and have leaderboards for them?

If so, I’d be pretty keen on starting a GT Planet Rally Championship. On FH3 I made myself some rally trails that I’d test cars out on and leave times for them in free roam. Now with the route creator it would be much better.

Thinking of maybe 5-6 round championship over as many weeks, with maybe 3 stages each. Points for each round and what not. Could even have a modern class for the M Sport Fiesta and the other RallyX cars, and classic class. Or even a couple of classic classes so we could seperate Group B from Group A or 60s and 70s cars.

The each round would be for a particular area of the map, such as Ambleside or Edinburgh.

I actually forgot it could be played on PC, I'll have to give it a go. What card are you running? We've not long fitted a 6GB GTX1060 so I'm hoping I can get some nice visuals from this game.

A 970, which I shouldn't have much longer considering it's finally time to upgrade. Having said that, I'm still tinkering with the options to find that sweet spot until I switch to a new card.

Just seen on tiwtter that it appears the PC version has a huge amount of different settings for FOV in every view. Very cool. Hopefully the console CNA get something like that added.

A proper rear mirror would be nice to have in cockpit view. Bumper and hood cam with a rear mirror would be nice too.. it is a nice game after all.

Okay, I didn't expect the demo to actually be this good. In FH3's demo, I would have to reset the demo if I wanted to play more of it and go through the same sequences again. I like that in FH4's demo, I can actually still just drive around after beating the races. :D

Okay, I didn't expect the demo to actually be this good. In FH3's demo, I would have to reset the demo if I wanted to play more of it and go through the same sequences again. I like that in FH4's demo, I can actually still just drive around after beating the races. :D

FH3's demo also had free roam after completing events. The only annoyance was that it would always start over after shutting down the demo. I suppose FH4 is like that too, or you saying it actually saves progress?

FH3's demo also had free roam after completing events.
I swear that it did not do that for me, the second I finished the final event I had to beat; it would immediately cut to an ending sequence saying something like wait for the full version or something. Then, it would take me back to the title screen.

I swear that it did not do that for me, the second I finished the final event I had to beat; it would immediately cut to an ending sequence saying something like wait for the full version or something. Then, it would take me back to the title screen.

Perhaps true after completing the final event, but in between events you could free roam all you'd want.

It's a shame we can't paint the cars we get in the demo. Driving a Lancia 037 that isn't red hurts my soul.

Perhaps true after completing the final event, but in between events you could free roam all you'd want.
Okay, I wasn't denying free roam in general. My point was that I didn't like the annoyance of FH3's demo sending me to the title screen after completing every event, which makes me glad that FH4 isn't doing the same thing.

---
Next thing I didn't expect, actually being able to drive all of the cars in the demo at once, I don't have to got back through the game again if I want to try certain cars. In FH3, I recall having to restart the demo if I wanted to try the widebody S15 Silvia or then try the BMW M4. Being given all of the cars to play with is a big plus. It makes the demo all the more enjoyable to me this way, less tedious stuff to go through and more fun.

I really love the Main Menu, the Senna driving through all seasons is a really cool idea and the music is so perfectly fitting, it is calm but still makes you hyped for the game.

Have just restarted the demo and you can still paint the cars in the Horizon Festival "Garage" or Forzavista if you prefer... but you already know that. So my post is pointless. :P
2h3zm9f.jpg

Can anyone tell me if the paint option for Metallic Flake actually has some resemblance of flakes? They removed with FH3 or FM7 I think, and as mundane as that is, I was sad lol.

Can anyone tell me if the paint option for Metallic Flake actually has some resemblance of flakes? They removed with FH3 or FM7 I think, and as mundane as that is, I was sad lol.
You can definitely spot them on close shots. Even on calipers. But you really need to search for them.
nb5icg.jpg

Once you back out a little bit they are gone. And you probably won't see them in full sunlight. Maybe at night with some spotlight. :lol:
voveyu.jpg

Back