Forza Horizon 4: General Pre-Release News & Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,945 comments
It makes sense to make the seasons consistent when you are playing online, but when you are disconnected it should really be up to the player what season they want in free roam. Not a fan of the snow? Need to wait an entire week for it to change. Love Autumn? Sorry you need to wait 3 whole weeks to play it again.

Blows my mind that they advertised the seasons thing as a major new feature and they forced us to deal with weekly changes.

Sure, but why not leave it up to the player to decide when they want to explore a season? No need to force it upon us.
I still think the idea was good, but the implementation could be tweaked to an in-game calendar that changes; after 7 in-game days, the season changes.

Would probably play hell with keeping all online players in 1 season unlike the current way, but that's still my suggestion for it. We'll see if there's any major backlash and if it changes in the future.

I'm guessing that the first season we're getting into at launch is Summer. So, we have a week to get the Forzathon done and get the 812 as fast as you can. I hope it's like the Specialty Dealer where the car is offered at a lower price than in the Auto Show.

I still think the idea was good, but the implementation could be tweaked to an in-game calendar that changes; after 7 in-game days, the season changes.

Would probably play hell with keeping all online players in 1 season unlike the current way, but that's still my suggestion for it. We'll see if there's any major backlash and if it changes in the future.
I had a similar thought when I first heard about the seasons. But I was thinking that instead of just one week per season, it would be scaled.

What I mean is that for Summer, you would have 4 weeks, Autumn would be 2 weeks, Winter 3 weeks and Spring 3 weeks.

Last edited:
^^ It surprised me how good PGR looked on the Xbox360. Another one of my fave games especially PGR4! edition with the bikes! It is looking like any Fourth Edition Racing game is the best.

^^ It surprised me how good PGR looked on the Xbox360. Another one of my fave games especially PGR4! edition with the bikes! It is looking like any Fourth Edition Racing game is the best.
A certain other 4 was my fave in that series aswell.

Dunce question here: Where do we see our influence score? I'm planning on watching @Populuxe Cowboy 's Mixer stream via the phone app tonight as I sleep.
I hope you mean Ponomar's Mixer stream. Click on the small blue ribbon on the left of the screen, just under where it says "FH4 Influence Farm (24/7)".

On the phone it should pop up every 5 minutes above the chat window.
I finally got my lazy butt out of bed and turned on my xbox and saw the periodic notifications above the chat window. I just never looked at the screen looking enough to notice it on my phone.

Ralph said they go away forever, but I'm not sure if that just means until that season comes again, but I can't imagine them having exclusive content in the first few weeks and NEVER bringing it back again.
Agreed, if you permanently miss a car because you are over a week on holidays that would not be fun and people would be disappointed.

Agreed, if you permanently miss a car because you are over a week on holidays that would not be fun and people would be disappointed.

They'll be in wheelspins too. (that's what he said on stream, I think?)

Since wheelspins are rewarded so often, I imagine there will be a much higher supply of exclusive cars in FH4 than say the S14 Silvia in FH3. Especially on the Auction House.

Re: Photo Mode and Seasons - As long as I can set up my own custom races against the AI like I do in FM7/FH3 and select the season weather I want with the tracks and cars I want this will be fine for me (Via BluePrint or Route Creator) as I do not play online too much. I will just use the free roam to drive to the races I want and go with the weekly Season change.

That wouldn't work for online, as you note. The one change I could see coming down the road is a simple option to select the season for offline mode. I think it just depends on how the feature is received in its current form.

They'll be in wheelspins too. (that's what he said on stream, I think?)

Since wheelspins are rewarded so often, I imagine there will be a much higher supply of exclusive cars in FH4 than say the S14 Silvia in FH3. Especially on the Auction House.

He did, but the wording of "gone forever" is worrisome.

Re: Photo Mode and Seasons - As long as I can set up my own custom races against the AI like I do in FM7/FH3 and select the season weather I want with the tracks and cars I want this will be fine for me (Via BluePrint or Route Creator) as I do not play online too much. I will just use the free roam to drive to the races I want and go with the weekly Season change.
That's what I was going to be doing as well. At least that way we'd hopefully be able to pick an exact Time Of Day too!

He did, but the wording of "gone forever" is worrisome.

More likely until the next repeat cycle comes back around....

Just like the speciality dealer in FM7!!!

New players will be picking up this game over the coming months, so there's no way they would prevent them from acquiring new vehicle just because they didn't purchase the game at launch!

More likely until the next repeat cycle comes back around....

Just like the speciality dealer in FM7!!!

New players will be picking up this game over the coming months, so there's no way they would prevent them from acquiring new vehicle just because they didn't purchase the game at launch!

Most likely correct, just a bad choice of wording by Ralph.

Welp, Guess I won't be playing on Friday. My download just reset again after taking 2.5 days to get past 35GB. I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep tonight.

Back