Forza Horizon 4 January Car Pass Revealed: More Porsches, Classic UK Cars, Mercedes SSK

In addition to a Supervan body kit, I hope they include a GT40 v8 for an engine swap.
That sounds like way too much effort for a single car pass vehicle that people are expected to pay real money for. /s

Lower your expectations, at best there might just be the awkward forza aero and ultra-skinny tires.

I hope I'm proven wrong on this one. PG sometimes drops the ball on car pass vehicles.

Whoa, time flies. I just realized that with this batch known, there's only four cars left in the Car Pass.
That's... wow. I didn't even realize we were nearing the end.

SSK, SL, Imp, Kadett A, 968, 992, Mustang, this is just an amazing set of cars.

Whoa, time flies. I just realized that with this batch known, there's only four cars left in the Car Pass.
1513101705713.gif

Other than that, fantastic list for the next month 👍

Some of them are reward cars not car pass cars. Meaning they will most likely be rewards from seasonals.

Look at the 280 SL. Theres no DLC icon like the rest meaning its a reward car through either seasonals, forzahon shop, or the new horizon business.

It does, yes, so I suppose that makes it 62 cars instead of 42 (assuming the next expansion has 10 cars).

Which is why I'm inclined to believe that they'll continue with the weekly DLC until at least mid August (when it's likely the next expansion drops) and then after that? who knows.

Which is why I'm inclined to believe that they'll continue with the weekly DLC until at least mid August (when it's likely the next expansion drops) and then after that? who knows.

I wonder what the costs will be. It might be seasonal, for every four duos, or it might be weekly. It might not have any sort of discount available at all actually, and will all just come at the individual prices the cars currently come in at...

I hope the DLC keeps coming after the car pass. Who know though
With FM8 getting pushed back in favor of improving FM7, and the likelyhood of FH5 not releasing until 2021 as well, I could see them taking a break then releasing a Car Pass 2 later in the spring to continue support for FH4 longer then previous horizon games.
A part of me kinda hopes they do.

With FM8 getting pushed back in favor of improving FM7, and the likelyhood of FH5 not releasing until 2021 as well, I could see them taking a break then releasing a Car Pass 2 later in the spring to continue support for FH4 longer then previous horizon games.
A part of me kinda hopes they do.
I am completely fine with that. And I don't even mind if they're cars from previous titles. There are so many cars from previous Horizons and Motorsports that would be perfect for this game like the BMW 328 or the Fiat Dino Coupe or 8V or the Alfa 8C 2300 or the Giulietta or the Nissan Safari.

I hope the DLC keeps coming after the car pass. Who know though

It has been noted that there will be (at least) a third expansion coming after the next one. So a second car pass is possible seeing that Playground is willing to go beyond their initial post-launch plan.

Last edited:
It has been noted that there will be (at least) a third expansion coming after the next one. So a second car pass is possible seeing that Playground is willing to go beyond their initial post-launch plan.
Where was that said?

Where was that said?
Some guy on reddit said he heard about it on a youtube video.

EDIT: I think I found the YouTube video the redditor was talking about. The YouTuber says it was confirmed to him by some guy named Alan that has worked closely with AR12. The same video was also theorizing about things that the Devs confirmed during one of their pre-release livestreams, so it all sounds like something someone pulled out of their behind.

Last edited:
If it's true that Forza Motorsport gives 2019 a pass, which presumably pushes Forza Horizon back to 2021, then it's entirely possible that they keep support FH4 with new cars and updates for a long while.

Hell, FM7 is still under pretty active development over a year later.

I actually think this giving 2019 a pass thing is likely, since a) I don't think they want FOUR FM games in one console generation, b) it would line up a new FM game for launch of the next Xbox console in 2020, c) it'll give them time to build up the library of cars for FM8 so we don't have another FM5 situation, and d) it would give Playground more time to do something radically new for FH5 (like an urban environment or something), since I think they sense the current blueprint of the Horizon games is kinda at the end of it's rope.

Forza Motorsport 8 not being released in 2019 pretty much means the next gen consoles (Microsoft's console at least) won't arrive before 2020, and most likely in 2020. It's hard to imagine Microsoft releasing a new console with neither FM nor FH as a launch title.

Forza Motorsport 8 not being released in 2019 pretty much means the next gen consoles (Microsoft's console at least) won't arrive before 2020, and most likely in 2020. It's hard to imagine Microsoft releasing a new console with neither FM nor FH as a launch title.

The next Xbox is virtually guaranteed in 2020. It's been asserted by a thousand different rumours, and it also just makes sense based on the company's own statements, and where all of their studios are at.

The fact that Phil Spencer mentioned the next console at E3 in 2018, means you reveal it in 2019, and then release it in 2020. That's the usual cadence.

If I had $50k to bet with, I'd put $49,500 down on the next Xbox in holiday 2020.

Back