Forza Horizon 4 Live Stream Hints at Mitsubishi's Franchise Return

Mitsubishi showing up in the stream wasn't itself necessarily a confirmation - but Mitsubishis in the stream, followed by Jonk's "Hmm" in response to a direct question about it, pretty much confirms it for me. At minimum, I think it confirms that they are NEAR a deal.

People were bummed out by Toyota and Mitsubishi backing out, and I don't think anyone at Playground would willingly pick at that scab with vague answers like "Hmm", that would only serve to hype everyone up, unless they knew they were going to be able to deliver on it. More likely they would say they have nothing to announce, or otherwise try to shut down the hype train immediately.

Jonk is generally very open and direct with the community on Twitter, and I don't see him riling up fans "for the lolz".

Only remaining question for me, is how they get reintroduced, since I wouldn't be at all shocked if the assets for their cars are already on the disc, considering how late they seemed to pull out of the game. Could PG just put out a small update to unlock those assets and say "Merry Christmas! Mitsubishis are back in the game everyone!"? Or do they come back in a manufacturer specific car pack, etc.

Now just get Toyota to come to their senses, so I can K-KANSEI DORIFTO ?!? in my AE86.

Only remaining question for me, is how they get reintroduced, since I wouldn't be at all shocked if the assets for their cars are already on the disc, considering how late they seemed to pull out of the game. Could PG just put out a small update to unlock those assets and say "Merry Christmas! Mitsubishis are back in the game everyone!"? Or do they come back in a manufacturer specific car pack, etc.

Now just get Toyota to come to their senses, so I can K-KANSEI DORIFTO ?!? in my AE86.

I think if they are to be reintroduced, it'll be with a couple of new to franchise cars in the car pass and the older models being free forzathon shop/event prize cars for a month across four seasons.

At least this will shut up the people who brought their conspiracy theories of why the Mitsubishi was gone "oh GT Sport made a exclusive deal so they now have exclusive use of the car just like EA had with Porsche"

At least this will shut up the people who brought their conspiracy theories of why the Mitsubishi was gone "oh GT Sport made a exclusive deal so they now have exclusive use of the car just like EA had with Porsche"

I don't recall hearing much in the way of "conspiracy theories" - just suggestion that maybe they cut an exclusive deal with GT.

Also, you came over from the GT forum to say *this*? lol.

I'd love to rip around Fortune Island in an Evo VIII. But I'd also like to use the '04 STI, but I can't figure out how to get a hold of one of those either. :irked:

Seeing how the Dirt series tends to be the most fun race type for me it would definitely be cool to see the return of Mitsubishi. Then we can get back to the famous Mitsubishi Vs Subaru rally rivalry.

I think this is kind of a confirmation to me.
Yes yes I know it's a dev version. However, the devs can deal with the cars easily, meaning that they can block the Mitsubishis out in the first place(especially knowing that they will use this particular xbox for demostration). Playground knows us gamers are so hyped for the Mitsubishis coming back, I don't think they will ever do such cruel things to us.

It would be good news. The Mitsu's would be better this time around with the different wheel paint options and wheel spacers. That is if those lazy guys there add wheel spacers. Sad to see Toyota go when we finally had to chance to make it look decent compared to before.

Hope they don't try to sneak in the new Eclipse.

'Unpopular opinion'
I rather have Rolls Royce back.

Unpopular opinion
I'd rather have Rolls Royce, Toyota, Lexus and Mitsubishi back.

That said, if Mitsubishi does come back, I hope we get some newer models of the Lancer, the newest one from previous games is the 2008 Lancer Evo, which isn't exactly "new".

If Mitsubishi comes back, how about since we're in the UK add a few FQ models? FQ400 Evo would be a perfect upgrade for some of the old models.

Also I really hope it does come back. Racing in an Impreza versus more Impreza and a Focus is so boring to look at...

I really want Mitsubishi to come back to Forza. Rallying in FH4 just feels so boring and off without it, and I've become a BIG Mitsu fanboy recently. They're THAT badass.

I can do without Toyota (or probably not), but I do miss their cars though, especially the ST185 and ST205 GT4s. We just got Porsche back, why is Toyota acting the fool?...

Anyway I want Mitsu back. After all, they are the heart of rallying just like Subaru and Ford are, and many others too.

'Unpopular opinion'
I rather have Rolls Royce back.
Maybe it's just my wierd taste in cars, but I agree. Mitsubishi's are nice and all, but not really the kind of car I like to play as. But Rolls is a (the?) historic British brand, and playing with them in Britain would be amazing. Plus they could add more models through the car pass. The Cullinan is perfect for Horizon, and the Bentley 8-litre needs some large '30s friends. Phantom 1, anyone?

157448_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

cb42de92868e9ce91e3a25d13635cee53617fc90.jpg

qbvz29cj54x11.jpg

(Although even without Rolls, I still want some more large '30s cars to fight the 8-litre)

That said, if Mitsubishi does come back, I hope we get some newer models of the Lancer, the newest one from previous games is the 2008 Lancer Evo, which isn't exactly "new".

Apart from a facelift for the 2016 model year there hasn't been any new Lancer's for the International market. They did continue the nameplate in China though, it's not exactly sporty though.

open-12.jpg

I really want Mitsubishi to come back to Forza. Rallying in FH4 just feels so boring and off without it, and I've become a BIG Mitsu fanboy recently. They're THAT badass.

I can do without Toyota (or probably not), but I do miss their cars though, especially the ST185 and ST205 GT4s. We just got Porsche back, why is Toyota acting the fool?...

Anyway I want Mitsu back. After all, they are the heart of rallying just like Subaru and Ford are, and many others too.

I don't know if I'd go that far with Mitsubishi. I'll be glad to have them back, but I felt their absence a lot less than Toyota's.

Rolls Royce is one of those brands that I think SHOULD be in the game, being set in the UK and all, but as a practical matter I don't really care. In real life I'd obviously jump at owning a Rolls, because the cars are beautiful. But in Forza? Never enjoyed their cars for racing, and I don't spend that much time driving around in the really old cars just for the heck of it.

I'll gladly accept the inclusion of an Outlander PHEV or whichever other boring crossover they currently make if we can also get a Legnum VR4 along with it, sure.

I'd love for the Galant VR4 of the same generation as the aforementioned Legnum. That generation just isn't seen since GT2 and it's a shame.

If they accepted Mitsubishi's SUV additions, I would affirm that choice.
Although not as much as former Mitsubishi, they still appeal on off road performance as their brand image.
Of course, it may be just a hype, but the brand image is important.
I hope Pajero and Pajero Sport is included in the SUV they chose.

I don't think we'll see a SUV in Forza unless Mitsubishi decides to build a high-performance version of the Outlander, which by recent Mitsubishi trends looks very doubtful. Though, I wouldn't rule out some classic Pajero off-roader.

Should Mitsubishi return to Forza Horizon any time soon, I'm first putting my money on the four Lancer Evolution models from FH3. If we're lucky, maybe also the Eclipse and Galant from FH3, but these two are probably not mainstream enough for FH4's mostly shortsighted car choices. Nor would I get my hopes up for the GTO and Starion currently in FM7, both of which have never appeared in Forza Horizon before. Then there's the FTO from FM4...

I'm currently not sure what to make of the "hmmmmmm" tweet. I mean, why "tease" the community before the holidays if some development might not happen until next year? It's all very weird and insensitive unless some good news is right around the corner.

God I hate the combination of licensing and racing games... :grumpy:

Last edited:
I don't think we'll see a SUV in Forza unless Mitsubishi decides to build a high-performance version of the Outlander, which by recent Mitsubishi trends looks very doubtful. Though, I wouldn't rule out some classic Pajero off-roader.

Should Mitsubishi return to Forza Horizon any time soon, I'm first putting my money on the four Lancer Evolution models from FH3. If we're lucky, maybe also the Eclipse and Galant from FH3, but these two are probably not mainstream enough for the FH4's mostly shortsighted car choices. Nor would I get my hopes up for the GTO and Starion currently in FM7, both of which have never appeared in Forza Horizon before. Then there's the FTO from FM4...

I'm currently not sure what to make of the "hmmmmmm" tweet. I mean, why "tease" the community before the holidays if some development might not happen until next year? It's all very weird and insensitive unless some good news is right around the corner.

God I hate the combination of licensing and racing games... :grumpy:
I know right... it's a pain in the xxx...

Back