Forza Horizon 4 Nominated For Two Awards at The Game Awards

Discussion in 'Forza Horizon 4' started by GTPNewsWire, Nov 26, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. UKMikey

UKMikey

I can only imagine the howls of anguish from car audio aficionafos should this title end up winning the Sound Design award.

3. Auditore

Auditore

Red Dead is going to win sound design,cars can't beat horses :lol:

WanganDream likes this.
  4. breyzipp

breyzipp

Sound design is an odd category. I find the visuals and the gameplay far more impressive than the sound in FH4.

Most impressive sound in a game I played in 2018 has got to be Battlefield V with the war tapes sound setting. The incredible epic sound when a plane flies over, a V1 rocket hits a target, shooting sound, character voices, vehicle sound or just the music soundtrack, they are all pretty much epic IMO. Runner up would be RDR2 for me, indeed some great sound.

HarlemG27 likes this.
  5. Flashfire926

Flashfire926

It deserved a goty nomination too, but that 2d pixelated indie no. 14323 stole it's spot.

6. Normalaatsra

Normalaatsra

Well NFS Rivals won Best of E3 so these award shows carry no redpill for car audio sadly.

7. CSLACR

CSLACR

This game winning an award or even being nominated for best sound anything is a bit of a joke.

I mean it sounds good a lot of the time, but it doesn't work right, it skips and stalls and locks. That's assuming the award doesn't care about replication/accuracy.(which I'm guessing sound design doesn't)

FoRiZon and Classicman like this.
  8. Mazyata

Mazyata

I thought people were having issues about how inaccurate the sounds are for many cars? How about where the sound stalls for a few seconds? Or how about having no sound whatsoever at times when you return to the game. Seems to only happen in "instant on" mode. Their choice in music and very limited selection, no custom songs, ugh. I guess that doesn't count.

They better not win. Why are they even nominated? This is some straight up BS.

9. Moglet

Moglet Premium

I can see why the game was nominated; engine sounds aside the sound design is pretty impressive in a lot of places, especially the environment audio. That said I'd be surprised if the judges could make out this sound design over the skipping and straight up broken audio.

10. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

Brb, gotta go buy an E30 right now!

11. SPhilli911

SPhilli911

That's the first thing I thought too. :lol:

Mine will just have slightly smaller wheels.

ImaRobot likes this.
  12. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

The wheels are Photoshop, but still, the actual car just looks so right.

SPhilli911 likes this.
  13. PJTierney

PJTierney

It may have a shot at the award however, thanks to its Dolby Atmos integration.

14. FlakGunna

FlakGunna

Thanks for using my E30 pic! :)

15. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

JoshMead and queleuleu like this.
  16. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

That category is full of juggernauts like FIFA and NBA, Forza did well (and deservedly so) to see off the competition! :tup:

17. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Congrats to PG for winning! Well deserved. :)

18. HarlemG27

HarlemG27

A racing game winning "best sports game". That's impressive. I can imagine the budget for fh5

19. JoshMead

JoshMead

Didn't actually think it would win. The second I saw FIFA on the list, I just rolled my eyes and assumed the worst.

Never happier to be proven wrong.

20. GTnForza4ever

GTnForza4ever

FH4 deserves this award way more than GTS deserves its Sound Award. The sound in GTS sound amazing when you start up the car then it becomes stupidly meek during the race.

I hope they win. I'd love to see you whine more. Also some real BS is that GT Sport won the sound award. What a :censored: joke...

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018 at 2:31 PM
    UKMikey likes this.