Forza Horizon 4: Paints and Designs

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 309 comments
I'm still learning but felt like having some fun, I have a habit of telling people to not talk about Street Scene so I thought I'd make a visual aid to go along with it:
Forza Horizon 4 Screenshot 2018.11.12 - 23.25.30.24.png

It's mirrored on the other side and the front boot/trunk, there's also a tiny version on the front bumper. People seem to like being visited by the 'Don't talk about Street Scene' RWB Porsche, I saved a recording of me visiting randoms but sadly because I stream to my TV Shadowplay didn't record the audio...

Fun fact, the base colour was a leftover from an aborted attempt at a copy of the Valliant 935 livery, I found the shapes a bit too hard to do so I gave up.

Next I'd like to make decals of class letters and PI scores, mainly because I mixed a very loud green paint for my Festival drag strip-tuned Aventador FE and I realised later it matches the green background to the X999 rating perfectly.

Last edited:
Ah yes, I made a couple more Gran Turismo 2 racing mod replicas.
45037162915_5028b97f2f_c.jpg

45037162635_8bc8c078db_c.jpg

Well, since PG gave us the Sentra Nismo, I thought applying the Primera Castrol RM livery made sense. A red color option is also available.
45900039002_6369915b32_c.jpg

44132909370_21002e869b_c.jpg

I'm still learning but felt like having some fun, I have a habit of telling people to not talk about Street Scene so I thought I'd make a visual aid to go along with it:
View attachment 779723

It's mirrored on the other side and the front boot/trunk, there's also a tiny version on the front bumper. People seem to like being visited by the 'Don't talk about Street Scene' RWB Porsche, I saved a recording of me visiting randoms but sadly because I stream to my TV Shadowplay didn't record the audio...

Fun fact, the base colour was a leftover from an aborted attempt at a copy of the Valliant 935 livery, I found the shapes a bit too hard to do so I gave up.

Next I'd like to make decals of class letters and PI scores, mainly because I mixed a very loud green paint for my Festival drag strip-tuned Aventador FE and I realised later it matches the green background to the X999 rating perfectly.

If you'd ask @ShawnPhillips I think he might be able to help you with making decals of the class letters and PI scores.

I do have some PI Class decals on my storefront, though they are imported from FH3, So I need to make some updated ones with the rounded corners to fit with FH4's design.

I really would like to know how you guys have the patience and skills to do those types of design about the logos, etc

Great job you all

I'd move the Volkswagen text up so that it's not interrupted by the bodywork. It may not be 100% faithful to the original but would work better as a believable design in-game.
That's fine, I can do that as that logo was honestly just added for interpretation. The hw car it's based on hasn't been released yet, so I don't know what the actual full livery will look like yet.

Note on the wheel paint update on November 20:

All the designs that have been created so far are saved as data of "paint group 1 only painted".
If you do not want to become an unintended design in this update, you need to modify the wheel paint of the corresponding design.

Even with a newly created design, if you create using the advanced option on a wheel that does not have 5 different paint patterns, the unselected paint pattern will remain the stock color.
If you want to create a perfect design, let's paint the wheel with a design with 5 different paint patterns such as Hole Shot Hole Star.

5-pattern wheel list:
Advan Super Advan Racing Version 2
BBS RS Turbofan
Hole Shot Wheels Hole Star
HRE Vintage 005
Work Equip 01

Last edited:
Could someone check if the bumpers on the Volvo 242 Turbo can be painted with this new update? The inability to paint or place decals on them always annoyed me in FH3, it'd be great to know if they're fixed it in FH4 now.

Could someone check if the bumpers on the Volvo 242 Turbo can be painted with this new update? The inability to paint or place decals on them always annoyed me in FH3, it'd be great to know if they're fixed it in FH4 now.

They didn't add any new paintable zones, So if you couldn't paint it before you still can't paint it. What this update does is for cars that have factory 2/3-tone paints you can now paint each of those color sections separately.

Has anyone yet managed to work out how to resync the layer groups and designs on FH4? I've done some new designs in FM7 but I can't get them transferred over?

REPAIR MANAGMENT RALLY TEAM

GAMERTAG: REPARABLEPEAR
CAR: 1983 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF GTI
119a26a7-0d08-4a85-85ec-2176706f5362

This one's good :)

The Valvoline text needs a bit of work but the base design is strong, fits the time period of the car.

Only other suggestion would be to make the Pirelli logo black text on a white box, and maybe move the numberboard higher :)

@JaCor653 -

Try these values in two tone polished :

B - 02 / 92 / 51
H - 67/ 62 / 38

They might need adjusting slightly to get a closer match to the McLaren's Pacifc Blue Pearlescent as the values above are for TVR's Cascade Indigo colour.

I had one of those as a kid, you did a really good job. You may want to move the bonnet decal to the front of the car though.
Will do, once I actually play FH4 again. 👍

EDIT: A small thing I did, brought back my fixed striped Viper from FM7 and recolored them a few times to add other Viper colors. There's also a Viper Black with silver stripes color, but I didn't screenshot it.
Dodge Viper GTS  ACR - Free Roam 1.jpg Dodge Viper GTS  ACR - Viper Yellow.png Dodge Viper GTS - Viper Blue.png Dodge Viper GTS ACR - Viper Silver.png

They're shared, just search for the colors on the design section.

Last edited:
Could one of the painters on here have a go at creating these BMW Individual colours please :

- Champagne Quartz Metallic
- Moonstone metallic
- Almandine brown metallic
- Azurite Black metallic
- Smoked Topaz metallic
- Sunstone metallic
- Jubilee silver metallic
- Oxford green metallic
- Venetian violet metallic
- Twilight purple pearl

Back