Forza Horizon 4 Season Change: A Smooth Winter Ride

Aujourdhui nous avons une Citroen voiture par excellence :drool:

Or in English, 'ere this Citroen ain't half bad guv'nor.

That's one citron that definitely isn't a lemon ;)

Also, for an easy Forzathon race in the Defender Mark III at Ambleside this week, you can use my share code 969 964 753 if you wish 👍

I just got my DS23. Like it very much, but once again it’s a car in Forza without a shifting animation. Not sure why they “forget” to add this from time to time, because the animation really adds to the immersion of driving the old classics.

I did a bit of research and the 4-speed version we have in FH4 was never sold as a fully automatic. There was a 4-speed manual and a 4-speed semi-automatic without clutch but a manual stick. So apparently there should be a shifting animation.

Yes, French cars, and Italian mass-market cars are neglected in the Forza franchise.

Probably the biggest reason for this is that many models of both French and Italian cars were not sold in the North American market.
Forza scans a wide variety of cars around the world, but T10 and many of the modeling studios they work with are based in North America.
There is no doubt that the easiest models for them to scan are the cars that exist in North America.

Wasn't there also talk of PSA Peugeot Citroën having some sort of semi-exclusivity deal with Polyphony for a while? I seem to remember that being a thing.

On a (somewhat) related note, the following thought occurred to me recently: An enterprising developer could really go to town with an all-Stellantis game in the mold of Ford Racing, NFS Porsche Unleashed, etc.

On a (somewhat) related note, the following thought occurred to me recently: An enterprising developer could really go to town with an all-Stellantis game in the mold of Ford Racing, NFS Porsche Unleashed, etc.

That'd be lovely, but I am afraid no developer would be daring enough to give us the Dodge Challenger Hellcat v. Citroen AX GTI match-up we deserve.

On a more related note, the DS is an absolutely fantastic drive, and everything I hoped it would be. Smooth indeed! Sadly, the factory color lineup is a bit shabby, but we got a thread for that, don't we?

Last edited:
Well this week was a 'breeze' after the 'trials' of last week! :cheers:

Citroen DS is lovely and I got 'Christine' from the Forza shop so my garage has everything I wanted from the game now but I'll at least finish the 'spring' season since I will have 100% for every season for the first time.

The Trail this week seems like the 'Drivatar's just gave up 'completely' since everyone on my team managed to overtake and stay ahead of them so I wasn't complaining about that! 👍

Now back to other games till Thursday!

Colorado Springs

Well this week was a 'breeze' after the 'trials' of last week! :cheers:

Citroen DS is lovely and I got 'Christine' from the Forza shop so my garage has everything I wanted from the game now but I'll at least finish the 'spring' season since I will have 100% for every season for the first time.

The Trail this week seems like the 'Drivatar's just gave up 'completely' since everyone on my team managed to overtake and stay ahead of them so I wasn't complaining about that! 👍

Now back to other games till Thursday!

Wanted to do 100% of the whole series for the first time, too, but Autumn trial got the best of me. Tried seven times in a row with mostly P1 and P2 finishes but still wasn't enough. The one time I got a decent team mate I got disconnected. Couldn't bother after that. Still, I'm really happy for everyone who got through this! I kinda liked the event as it really kept me on my toes. Unfortunately, AIs were crazier than usual (and I felt like they still were in the Winter trial, too), and the nature of the event was a bit too random.

Back