Forza Horizon 4 Season Change: Springtime Gold Rush

Nice, rehashing content from the game before and making it a hard to win prize. Slowly loosing hope with Forza every day.

3% for the photo challenge (takes literally 30 seconds)
15% for the Weekly Forzathon (15-20 minutes)
6% per PR Stunt/18% (let's round them up to 5 minutes each, the Bamburgh Castle jump this week is a bit harder than the others)
6% per championship/18% (roughly 15 minutes each)

That's 54% for just around 2h of play, which you can achieve at your own leisure, or 61% if you also do all daily Forzathon challenges. That's literally the easiest way to get 50% completion, and nothing you have to do is difficult in any way, shape or form. You don't even need to go online!

Still boring we have to grind for rehashed content.

We don't have the same definition of grinding...

3% for the photo challenge (takes literally 30 seconds)
15% for the Weekly Forzathon (15-20 minutes)
6% per PR Stunt/18% (let's round them up to 5 minutes each, the Bamburgh Castle jump this week is a bit harder than the others)
6% per championship/18% (roughly 15 minutes each)

That's 54% for just around 2h of play, which you can achieve at your own leisure, or 61% if you also do all daily Forzathon challenges. That's literally the easiest way to get 50% completion, and nothing you have to do is difficult in any way, shape or form. You don't even need to go online!

We don't have the same definition of grinding...
Play the game for two hours? Are you absurd?! I don't even want to open up the game ever, I just want the cars!

GTSR.jpg

The game is pretty much giving these away. Remember when you needed 80% for rare cars? Anyway, what a beauty!! my Holden collection is complete now. Just hoping they add the Ford Falcon XR8 next.

Not the most attractive car Holden ever produced (that would be the HQ Monaro. I will also accept the HJ, HX, and HZ versions), but it's fun to drive.

1996 HSV GTS-R

Not the most attractive car Holden ever produced (that would be the HQ Monaro. I will also accept the HJ, HX, and HZ versions), but it's fun to drive.

1996 HSV GTS-R

I personally have a thing for ugly cars. This car checks all the boxes for me: 4-door, 90's generic styling, ugly period-correct 3-spoke wheels and that wing that I honestly could not handle the sight of. And then you realize there is a V8 under the hood, powering the rear wheels through a manual transmission.

People here are too defensive when it comes to criticism towards the game. The fact FH4 has no real rivals produces fans which are content with mediocrity. If you gave this game the physics of NFS Heat, it could turn out worse than Heat itself.

The grind is because... See, Xbox Game Pass has a statistic called "most played". If you force people to spend time unlocking a car, these hours add up and keep the game high on the list. Not that FH4 needs it to place high, but the extra boost is appreciated.

Regarding the car itself, it's fun but not worth the grind if you're not into Australian cars or super tourers. So, not worth it for most.

“Odd things” meaning all criticism that isn’t sugar-coated in layers of cotton candy.
"Let's give it the physics of another game and criticise it on that basis" doesn't strike you as odd?

"Let's give it the physics of another game and criticise it on that basis" doesn't strike you as odd?

I wasn’t arguing in favor of that particular viewpoint, but some individuals here only seem to chime in when criticism isn’t covered in cotton candy.

I wasn’t arguing in favor of that particular viewpoint, but some individuals here only seem to chime in when criticism isn’t covered in cotton candy.
Looks more like a difference of opinions to me rather than any criticism based in fact, as far as this thread is concerned.

Last edited:
“Odd things” meaning all criticism that isn’t sugar-coated in layers of cotton candy.
K. Whatever makes you feel better. Talk about ironic about chiming in at certain times.

Last edited:
You've literally did just that just without the "cotton candy" or so you claim dude, but okay. 👍

K. Whatever makes you feel better. Talk about ironic about chiming in at certain times.

I chimed in because this whole “odd things just get pointed out as odd” is a serious understatement. HyperSpeeder hits the nail on the head with the remark that this forum section, in general, has issues when it comes to dealing with complaints, whether directed at the game or the decision-making behind. Valid complaints shared here over the years have oftentimes been completely overshadowed because the criticism immediately was accused of being “asinine” or something similar.

There have even been numerous examples of complaints that were semi-mocked whenever brought up in the community, but later adressed by the developers. Then all of a sudden you’ll see the former apologists making 180 degree turns and say stuff like “the developers made the right decision here”. Absolutely pathetic.

Every now and then it’s fair enough to question a ridiculous statement, if it’s legitimately odd. Only problem is there’s always someone ready to defend poor decision-making in game development - for whatever reasons...

I chimed in because this whole “odd things just get pointed out as odd” is a serious understatement. HyperSpeeder hits the nail on the head with the remark that this forum section, in general, has issues when it comes to dealing with complaints, whether directed at the game or the decision-making behind. Valid complaints shared here over the years have oftentimes been completely overshadowed because the criticism immediately was accused of being “asinine” or something similar.

There have even been numerous examples of complaints that were semi-mocked whenever brought up in the community, but later adressed by the developers. Then all of a sudden you’ll see the former apologists making 180 degree turns and say stuff like “the developers made the right decision here”. Absolutely pathetic.

Every now and then it’s fair enough to question a ridiculous statement, if it’s legitimately odd. Only problem is there’s always someone ready to defend poor decision-making in game development - for whatever reasons...
Like I said, what ever makes you feel better.

HyperSpeeder hits the nail on the head with the remark that this forum section, in general, has issues when it comes to dealing with complaints, whether directed at the game or the decision-making behind.

Ah yes, scintillating and needed criticism and complaints like

If you gave this game the physics of NFS Heat, it could turn out worse than Heat itself.

and

The grind is because... See, Xbox Game Pass has a statistic called "most played". If you force people to spend time unlocking a car, these hours add up and keep the game high on the list. Not that FH4 needs it to place high, but the extra boost is appreciated.

Much valid criticism. Wow. So informative.

Like come the **** on. This is bottom of the barrel when it comes to criticism, and half the time, surprise surprise, if you look at who is actually posting it (which, hello again, long time no see) is typical stuff that has been picked apart and explained why that isn't the case, alongside personal opinions.

Look at any thread regarding the future of Forza Horizon, and you'll see actual criticisms which are expanded upon, and have actual discussions coming out of them. That's the entire point of a forum.

But of course, as you're want to do, Nielsen, you only really come around to offer a contrarian viewpoint, which means often times agreeing with people with weak sauce 'criticisms' like HyperSpeeder, and trying to tut-tut the forum for not allowing open spaces for debate, or whatever. If it really bugs you that much, bring it up with moderators, and let them decide. For now, people will disagree, as they have been doing, especially when they are lacking in any sort weight to said criticisms.

Grind? You call just having to do a couple of races to unlock a car a "grind"?! HAH!

Dude, you don't know what a true grind is until you have spent too many hours driving on the same event in Gran Turismo Sport in order to earn 20 million flippin' credits to buy one blasted car!

There's a difference between complaining against actual issues with the game and complaining for complaining's sake.

PG has been pretty much throwing cars at our faces for over a year with very little to do in order to unlock them, and it's still too much work for some people... stop whining and play the stupid thing.

If you force people to spend time unlocking a car, these hours add up and keep the game high on the list. Not that FH4 needs it to place high, but the extra boost is appreciated.

I'm confused, how exactly is T10, PG or Microsoft forcing anyone to do anything? If people are "grinding" for a certain item in a game it's because they feel it's worth it. If they didn't they would simply move onto whatever game is next on their radar.

Personally I haven't seriously played FH4 in about a year as it really doesn't hold my interest anymore (you can read my primary complaints here), however the way they've gone about adding FREE cars is not one of them, the only change I would make to that process is making a way to obtain the cars once their introductory period is over.

But of course, as you're want to do, Nielsen, you only really come around to offer a contrarian viewpoint, which means often times agreeing with people with weak sauce 'criticisms' like HyperSpeeder, and trying to tut-tut the forum for not allowing open spaces for debate, or whatever. If it really bugs you that much, bring it up with moderators, and let them decide. For now, people will disagree, as they have been doing, especially when they are lacking in any sort weight to said criticisms.

I generally don't agree with "weak sauce" criticism, and I don't agree with any of the criticism toward the game in this thread. What I agreed with was the remark that the community in general defend the bad decisions which deliberately make Forza worse than it needs to be. Not in this thread specifically (but it was brought up in this thread for some reason).

I generally don't agree with "weak sauce" criticism, and I don't agree with any of the criticism toward the game in this thread. What I agreed with was the remark that the community in general defend the bad decisions which deliberately make Forza worse than it needs to be. Not in this thread specifically (but it was brought up in this thread for some reason).
But it doesn’t make Forza any worse, it actually does absolutely nothing to Forza, to have an opinion that differs from someone else. It literally has ZERO affect on Forza. Poor us for not getting a free new car handed to us this time, we’re all absolutely devastated.

Back