Forza Horizon 4 Series 11 Preview: Top Gear, Merc G63 6x6 and More

Maybe it's because I came late to this game, but I absolutely do NOT understand how all this stuff works. This has got to be the most convoluted and confusing Forza game ever. I am really disappointed that the Impala will be a reward car. That means there is a chance I won't be getting it since I can't even reach 50% on that Forzathon thing.

This game could be fantastic (and it is a great game!), but they make the accessibility of its content so confusing to reach.

Maybe it's because I came late to this game, but I absolutely do NOT understand how all this stuff works. This has got to be the most convoluted and confusing Forza game ever. I am really disappointed that the Impala will be a reward car. That means there is a chance I won't be getting it since I can't even reach 50% on that Forzathon thing.

This game could be fantastic (and it is a great game!), but they make the accessibility of its content so confusing to reach.

There's a festival playlist screen, all you have to do it select events from the ones listed and it will direct you to the start point. 80% can be a pain, but 50% can easily be reached in a few hours.

50% can be achieved in about an hour and a half worth of playing, you don't even need to get online... I don't particularly get the rant here :confused:

Speaking from experience - I kind of think it would be nice if PG took a page out of DICE's book for Battlefield 5 and made it so that one could buy the Forzathon vehicles for FP or credits in a shop after they have been phased out of the Festival Playlist, then maybe we wouldn't have to wait for PG to put them back into the rotation.

Otherwise, the rest of that rant did seem a bit misguided.

You know, every time I see these lists of "new cars" I get excited. Then I jump into the game and remember "Oh yeah, this game is just a bunch of lies and heartbreak. Especially if you're a casual racer. And like 90% of the new cars coming out are completely out of reach for most players. Seriously, the ONLY thing keep Forza Horizon from being a super gambling heavy game is you can't buy wheels spins with real money."

So, now, I'm just "YAY! Wait, no. That's not the correct response. The correct response is groan." Call me when and if they make all the cars they're releasing and that are locked behind stupid available to buy the auto store. Otherwise, I'm kind of done with Forza Horizon. Seriously the season playlists have REALLY sucked the joy out of it. I would have rather paid another 40 bucks for another car pass.

like 90% of the new cars coming out are completely out of reach for most players.
I would have rather paid another 40 bucks for another car pass.

I don't get it. The new cars have been mostly 50% rewards or single-series rewards, both of which are easily obtained. How is it that you wouldn't mind spending $40 for content for a game that you can't even be bothered to play for 1-2 hours a week? The only cars that are even slightly difficult to obtain are the Trial rewards.

I don't get it. The new cars have been mostly 50% rewards or single-series rewards, both of which are easily obtained. How is it that you wouldn't mind spending $40 for content for a game that you can't even be bothered to play for 1-2 hours a week? The only cars that are even slightly difficult to obtain are the Trial rewards.

Exactly. I mean, there's reason to be critical about *how* PG have offered the Forzathon cars, but they've done a fair job of trying to at least make the new cars attainable by placing it at the 50% threshold or as a single series reward. To say that 90% of players can't get these vehicles when it's more so an issue of putting in the time even just once a week of playing the game and getting them, is a bit disingenuous. Plus, I have a feeling that if PG just cut out the middle man and handed out the cars like they do for a lot of the cars in the base game, people would be doing the same thing that they did when there was the once a month car pack structure: they'd boot up the game once a month, play with the new cars, and then complain that there isn't anything to bring them back aside from the once a quarter expansions.

I wonder then, if it would be a beneficial idea to make a 25, 50, 75, and 100 percent threshold for Forzathon and season playlists, and offer the new stuff front loaded, and make it worth emotes, driver clothing, and wheelspins if you want to complete it. But then again it'd basically make it so that if you *wanted* to be a completionist, the rewards are better in the beginning then in the end.

So, finishing the PR Star Card will give you the Rip Rod (took them long enough). I currently have almost every stunt 3-starred. Do I need to do them over again or will it transfer to the new one?

Is it? I checked the Rimac's things and it seemed like there was 12 things available. So, I'd need to complete 6 things, one of which would HAVE to be one of the stupid "race against harder opponents" events. Which....not everyone is gonna be able to complete...or care to complete.

Also, there are people who are just gonna NOT be able to play during a certain week 'cause...Life outside of Forza Horizon 4 is a thing, and if you miss a week, it's just too bad. Because....GOOOOOOD luck finding those rare cars on the Marketplace. I mean, I guess you could possibly hope to get one through one of Turn10's contests. But, for everyone else, too bad.

I mean, why can't they do the Gran Turismo Sport thing and have the vehicles both winnable AND buyable? Or like a month later just make the vehicles buyable?

Example: I was transitioning from Xbox One to PC and having several PC issues that have since been fixed, but I completely missed out on a few cars like the Mercedes X Class. It's not like I can go back through the playlists to get them.

ALSO, ALSO, if you miss a week, you're also locked out of the 80% monthly reward. I'm just pointing out that weekly winnable vehicles are kind of dumb and...I don't know, I feel like as a casual player who doesn't play all the time, having a developer go "Well, we're gonna lock these new vehicles behind either wheel spins or time sinks" feels like I'm a bit left out. Fair, that's what the 50% weekly rewards are for, but...I don't know. I just don't like it. Again, there are issues with it that I feel like people just overlook because "It's Forza" and "Forza can do no wrong."

Last edited:
Is it? I checked the Rimac's things and it seemed like there was 12 things available. So, I'd need to complete 6 things, one of which would HAVE to be one of the stupid "race against harder opponents" events. Which....not everyone is gonna be able to complete...or care to complete.
Not all of the things are worth the same % completion, and some, like just setting a lap time in Rivals, earn you progress toward all 4 weeks of the series. The weekly and daily Forzathon objectives are almost all trivially easy and are cumulatively worth a substantial % of completion.

I'm currently sitting at 63% for this week and I haven't done a single one of the championships yet. That does require doing the multiplayer races, but you don't have to do well in those, just complete them. It's a bit of a grind to get qualified the first time, but after that it's just 3 multiplayer races per month and that buys you something like 16% or 18% completion for all 4 weeks.

The PR stunts are mostly car-setup-dependent, but anyone can download a tune (or just buy all the upgrades for a car). Drift zones, and to a lesser extent, speed zones, are probably the only ones that require much skill.

And on the championships, they've even lowered the difficulty threshold to "Highly Skilled", which is a misnomer to put it mildly, and should be doable by most players.

And on the championships, they've even lowered the difficulty threshold to "Highly Skilled", which is a misnomer to put it mildly, and should be doable by most players.
And yet, they leave Trials at Unbeatable. And the Series 11 Spring Trial is the DeBerti Jeep.

I agree totally with BeardedWolf. They really done gone ##### this game up with this Playlist crap. I don't have Gold, neither do I have hours and hours to spend on annoying 'challenges' What's so difficult about adding these cars as DLC for those that don't have the time??
Well done PG. Was an absolute stellar idea.

The thing that annoys me is that it seems (by watching the livestream) that the g63 6x6 uses the same sound as the g65 AMG. But it's a v8 in it, not a v12 :banghead:

It might be worth correcting in the article that the Track-tor is completely drivable in free roam, it’s the transporter carrying it that isn’t.

I would understand the Festival Playlist complaints if 100% completion was still a thing, but like others have suggested, 50% completion is not hard or particularly time-consuming. The playlist offers more than enough variety in challenges to ensure that everyone can get there and in reasonable time. Some weeks ago Playground Games even lowered the minimum difficulty for the championships from Expert to Highly Skilled.

My only gripe with the playlist right now is that Series 11 Summer Season doesn't offer a new car. Instead two new cars are offered in Autumn Season. Why?

It's a shame they have to base the Top Gear stuff on the current version of the show. The Grand Tour game has many flaws, but the humour and the craziness are there and it could be awesome if they had a bigger budget and more skilled devs doing it.

It really isn't hard to 50% in this game, and as others said, PG has lowered the difficulty for championships. This season I lost my gold membership and was able to achieve not just 50%, but also 80% by completing the offline championships.

I could understand the trials, but the offline events can be easy and fun. It feels so rewarding after you completed them and obtain the cars as well.

It's a shame they have to base the Top Gear stuff on the current version of the show. The Grand Tour game has many flaws, but the humour and the craziness are there and it could be awesome if they had a bigger budget and more skilled devs doing it.

FH4 is probably not going to make it obvious that Top Gear is no longer what it was. It's not like Harris is bad at what he does.

Listen, if some people can obtain 50% completion in an hour, great, all credit to you. I personally can't, I've tried. It's possible I'm just a crap driver but even if that's the case, we're not all Lucas Ordonez or Nigel Mansell. What's the problem with allowing us crappy drivers the opportunity to obtain these cars via DLC? PG will be making more money ffs :rolleyes:

It really isn't hard to 50% in this game, and as others said, PG has lowered the difficulty for championships. This season I lost my gold membership and was able to achieve not just 50%, but also 80% by completing the offline championships.

I could understand the trials, but the offline events can be easy and fun. It feels so rewarding after you completed them and obtain the cars as well.

Sorry TokoTurismo but I respectfully disagree. These events are neither fun nor rewarding. They feel like a frustrating grind. They may have lowered the difficulty but I still find the championships hard. You're probably a much better driver than me and so it doesn't affect you as much.

PG have totally taken the fun out of this game with cars that are locked behind events for those crappy drivers like me.

The highlighted point is so true and invalidates any point from the opposition. I'm not trying to come across as someone saying "git gud, scrub" but if you can't take the time to get to a skill level where you can achieve 50% on weekly playlist, why would you even bother spending money on virtual cars you barely use? :confused:

Also, there are people who are just gonna NOT be able to play during a certain week 'cause...Life outside of Forza Horizon 4 is a thing, and if you miss a week, it's just too bad. Because....GOOOOOOD luck finding those rare cars on the Marketplace. I mean, I guess you could possibly hope to get one through one of Turn10's contests. But, for everyone else, too bad.
Thank you for articulating that. My ass is still burned from missing the week the '58 Fury was a seasonal prize. Real life was more important at the time, guess I'm out of luck. :irked:

Back