Forza Horizon 4 Series 11 Preview: Top Gear, Merc G63 6x6 and More

Playground does a great job with some cars like the E350d E-AT. But they love to crap on others such as the G63 6x6.

Not content with giving it the sound of the G65 (which is a V12, not a V8), they give it the 5.5L V8TT swap, which is the exact same engine from the stock vehicle with a different tune! That engine is from the E63S AMG and has the correct sound. It's stupid when you think about it.

On the other hand, if I'm not mistaken the E350d has not one but two OEM swaps: the 2.0L I4T from the A45 AMG and the aforementioned 5.5L V8TT.

Nevertheless, biggest issue in Forza can be solved by just combing through the cars for bugs and uninspiring upgrades. They've been doing it for the Playlist cars, most of which have unique upgrades. I hope these upgrades make it to the next games.

Seriously uninspired selection (in my opinion). The only thing I am vaguely interested in is the Impala (!). I tried the Top Gear thing and gave up after the first corner in the Elise. I gave up on the other story things as well. Too much aggravation as far as my ability is concerned. I managed the Merc E350D Wagon from the Auction House for less than the money I got from the Mastery Points. I also managed a Track-Tor from the Auction House which goes surprisingly well. Both were tuned though the Track-Tor is now “stock”. I tuned the E350D to the top of A Class. Now if only I could find one of those 6x6 Mercs...

How does one unlock the E-AT? I did 10 laps in Rivals, but was 3 seconds off the target time. Does that mean I'm out of luck?

VXR
How does one unlock the E-AT? I did 10 laps in Rivals, but was 3 seconds off the target time. Does that mean I'm out of luck?
The E-AT unlocks when you complete the Top Gear story featuring it. If you finish them all you get the E-AT the 6X6 and the Stig Racing suit.

Ahhh. Well that's unlikely to happen, but maybe I can get one on the AH eventually. Thank you for your reply.

Edit: I worked through the first few story events until I unlocked the E Class. Whoop.

Last edited:
I managed the Merc and Track-Tor (?) from the Auction House soon after the events appeared. I tried the first and decided there was no way I would have an easy time completing them. On the off chance, I checked the Auction House this morning and managed to get the 6x6. My Buyouts usually seem to fail!

Back