Forza Horizon 4 Series 7 Update Introduces New BMW Z4 and Drifting Mustangs to Britain

I'm going to really miss the old Forzathon set. I mostly play the game whenever Forzathon updates with new challenges and seasons, but this is just....too overwhelming.

I'll do anything to get new cars into my garage, but to be forced to do online multiplayer as well? No thanks. Not trying to complain, just expressing my dislike for the new playlist. I really liked how it was before the change. :/

vjmk72edqxk21.jpg

Probably another Ford is coming with the update, if you look at the car on the upper left side.

I'm going to really miss the old Forzathon set. I mostly play the game whenever Forzathon updates with new challenges and seasons, but this is just....too overwhelming.

I'll do anything to get new cars into my garage, but to be forced to do online multiplayer as well? No thanks. Not trying to complain, just expressing my dislike for the new playlist. I really liked how it was before the change. :/
I have to agree. Since I don't have XBOX Live Gold nor the PC version of the game, I can't obtain certain vehicles and other rewards. I prefer the system prior to this update.

They are asking too much, and the cars that were already in FH3 (Pontiac GTO and Porsche 914/6) can barely justify all this effort. Any car that closes the content gap between FH4 and its predecessors is welcome, but for so much effort it feels weird.

Well, most exclusive cars have already been offered twice and this will hopefully continue as times goes on. So if you miss out by not completing a season 100%, chances are the reward car will become a regular event reward later on. No guarantees though.

Do we need to win in the multiplayer parts? Or do we just have to participate?
I hope (and I mean, HOPE) what's needed to get 100% is simply just participating and NOT winning all events.

If it's only winning, than it's going to be very frustrating, boring and non thrilling to players like me. All it needs to be (for all of us) is just be simple and take part in events; if PG goes with this one instead, than the playlist wouldn't be a problem for me anymore. However, I'll still hate being forced to do multiplayer events. lol.

It'll be a little bit hard to get every car, since everybody doesn't have unlimited time to play, we have lives to deal with :lol: I hope to get at least the Porsche, the Pontiac and both BMW

Winning is not especially difficult, unless they include Playground Games. That would be like rubbing salt on the wound... :(

Playground simply doesn't understand all we want from a car game is to have fun with the cars we enjoy. This is not an MMORPG, it's not supposed to have rare drops or stuff like that. At this point I'm wondering if Playground originally intended for players to buy Wheelspins with Tokens and FP is their replacement for microtransactions... because it sure feels like it.

TDU2 had a similar ******** of winning cars in card games, being club owner, etc. It didn't flop because of that, but it was certainly one of the reasons considering every car in TDU1 was readily available for purchase.

They are asking too much, and the cars that were already in FH3 (Pontiac GTO and Porsche 914/6) can barely justify all this effort. Any car that closes the content gap between FH4 and its predecessors is welcome, but for so much effort it feels weird.

Well, most exclusive cars have already been offered twice and this will hopefully continue as times goes on. So if you miss out by not completing a season 100%, chances are the reward car will become a regular event reward later on. No guarantees though.

914/6 was exclusive to VIPs!

I'm sure you also remember the 928 was not only exclusive to VIPs but also required taking part in a co-op event. The writing was on the wall even then but everyone was too busy applauding the studio for their work on the game.

I hope (and I mean, HOPE) what's needed to get 100% is simply just participating and NOT winning all events.

If it's only winning, than it's going to be very frustrating, boring and non thrilling to players like me.

I never thought I'd say this, but if winning is the way to complete the task, then I hope its team adventure and not (just) solo.

I can usually get a podium every so often, but winning isn't in my resume. At least with team adventure there's a 50/50 chance of winning (or at least you'd think so) so long as you do your part.

Having the option to simply choose which way to play would be preferable. But if we only get access to solo OR team adventure, I'm hoping for the latter. Even though most of the better drivers out there would disagree, preferring to win on their own terms and not be drug down by an incompetent team of randoms.

"In order to achieve the 100% mark, players will need to do both single and multiplayer events. They’ll also need to complete the seven Daily Challenges that appear as well."

Before I wondered why they didn't try and create a proper progression or career in this game... Now I realise it's because every idea they seem to have regarding it is flaming stupid. The weekly Forzathon and very occasional notable new car was all that kept me coming back. But this is too much, I think I'm done. A poor ploy to try and make people buy XBL Gold to try and obtain content.

At this point I can only consider it a shame that FH4 is getting the new releases like Vantage, 992 Carrera, TVR, etc. instead of FM7... which is not perfect but is going in the opposite direction.

The new Z4 for example should have been DLC. There should have been car packs after the Car Pass like with FH3 and older. Seriously, this is worse than paying for the cars!

At this point, I think just pick the cars that I want instead of trying to get all of them. The entirety of this new system is a chore and I seriously prefer not to spend everyday of my game time dedicated to FH4 only.

Maybe is time to dump it after 400 hours in it.

I've got mixed feelings about this. The remixed Showcase events sound cool, and it's nice to see them using under-utilised events to increase gameplay, but they really didn't need to re-work how the seasonal events worked and adding rewards to 100% completion sounds nice but in reality is flawed; we all know how these have gone in the past.

I'm mainly annoyed because I was looking forward to driving the M3 until I found out it's locked behind 100% completion for Spring. To get 100% I'd have to spend hours and hours in the game and I just don't have time for that.

Can someone make a list of the requirements? I've seen incredibly stupid stuff like earning ranks in Ranked Adventure but I could be mistaken.

Can't view the forum ATM and Discord seems to be moderated with an iron fist as well.

914/6 was exclusive to VIPs!

I'm sure you also remember the 928 was not only exclusive to VIPs but also required taking part in a co-op event. The writing was on the wall even then but everyone was too busy applauding the studio for their work on the game.

If you dig up some old posts buried somewhere in the FH3 section you'll actually find posts where me and a few others had meltdowns over this. Just remembered now that you brought it up again... But it doesn't really matter whether a car used to be an exclusive VIP reward or season pass DLC. My point is that the models have already been in another Horizon game on Xbox One, so still treating them as fresh bread straight from the oven is a strange priority. Great that former cars are returning, but giving them the spotlight again feels like a waste of everyone's time. After all, there were cars in the FM7 DLC that are perfect for FH4, but still no sign of them coming to the game. FM7 DLC cars like the Nissan Safari Turbo or Porsche 964 Turbo S could really motivate me to go the extra mile for 100% season completion in FH4, not familiar cars from FH3.

"In order to achieve the 100% mark, players will need to do both single and multiplayer events. They’ll also need to complete the seven Daily Challenges that appear as well."

Before I wondered why they didn't try and create a proper progression or career in this game... Now I realise it's because every idea they seem to have regarding it is flaming stupid. The weekly Forzathon and very occasional notable new car was all that kept me coming back. But this is too much, I think I'm done. A poor ploy to try and make people buy XBL Gold to try and obtain content.

If multiplayer events are required for 100% then that is just stupid. I have gold so I could try for 100% if I wanted, but what about those that don't have it? I'm having a really hard time staying interested in FH4 with any consistency since early February, and I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze - for me at least - to spend the amount of time needed for getting that 100%.

It's a shame because I thought FH4 started with a great setting/concept, but it just fell apart by not fully reaching for the features it tried to introduce and not putting enough polish on the package as a whole.

I hope the 2nd expansion is a real game changer that draws me back in, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm a car guy and I have an XB1, so this is pretty much all I play. My XBox sits on my desk at work. I can play during the day, even while I'm working. My boss plays, too, so he often comes in to see what I'm racing. But how many people are as lucky as me? I can play at least 12 hours a day. Getting 100% will be annoying, but doable. If my XBox was at home, I'd have maybe 2-3 hours a day to play, assuming I don't watch any TV, go to any movies, read any books, visit with any friends, go to any restaurants, etc. And if I had a wife and kids? Impossible.

Video representation of a player losing their sanity after completing only 99% of Series 7 and missing the Capri FE:

I will say this, make sure you check the events are actually complete if you did nothing and it shows up as gold on the playlist screen. I've read on the official forums some have gold on their playlist and they didn't do anything. If you go by that, you may end up short at the end of the game "year".

Go to map/event and make sure the icon has a trophy on it and when you hover over it, the championship itself should be gold. I would go into the event as well and make sure all the rewards are also gold. (assuming you are clearing these on expert as the rewards require)

After playing FH4 for the last few hours, powering through majority of the Summer Playlist stuff, I will say I'm absolutely not a fan of this new system at all. Being locked out of a new car because you dared to not play the game for a single day is really starting to make this game feel less like a console game and more like a mobile game...

I am only going to play until I have had enough, then the game get shut off, no gimmicks are going to make me play more, I hope they wake up and hear us on this.

After playing FH4 for the last few hours, powering through majority of the Summer Playlist stuff, I will say I'm absolutely not a fan of this new system at all. Being locked out of a new car because you dared to not play the game for a single day is really starting to make this game feel less like a console game and more like a mobile game...

Well, it is going mobile by the end of the year, so... :D

The biggest problem is requiring monthly 100% for the highest prize. That's way overkill, really. Should have been 75%, since there's months with repeat prizes. Winter 100% prize is Hudson Hornet, which I already own. But I'm gonna have to earn another one to become eligible to win the Capri.

I'm a car guy and I have an XB1, so this is pretty much all I play. My XBox sits on my desk at work. I can play during the day, even while I'm working. My boss plays, too, so he often comes in to see what I'm racing. But how many people are as lucky as me? I can play at least 12 hours a day. Getting 100% will be annoying, but doable. If my XBox was at home, I'd have maybe 2-3 hours a day to play, assuming I don't watch any TV, go to any movies, read any books, visit with any friends, go to any restaurants, etc. And if I had a wife and kids? Impossible.

I'm a car guy, but I also have a wife, kids, and job. I only have a few hours of free time a day (at most), and requiring me to spend most/all of it grinding away at the playlist is too much like work, and not enough like "play the way you want," which I thought was the whole idea of FH4 in the first place.

I'll give it a try to see if I feel differently, but I mostly just plan on doing the 50% for the real Supra (I mean Z4 :D) as that is all I really care about in this "year's" content.

But I'm gonna have to earn another one to become eligible to win the Capri.

I'm sure you wouldn't struggle to sell it, though, people buy the weirdest things even when they're not rare or are in the Forzathon shop so I'm sure the Hornet would sell easily, being the 100% reward in the least entertaining season and all.

Back