Forza Horizon 4: The Blueprint/Race Creator Thread!

• Thread starter willbsn13
  • 157 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
Thought I'd create this now for the launch of the game.

I honestly can't wait for this feature. It's going to add so much longevity to the game.

Now that it is confirmed we can create our own races (both point to point and circuit), I thought it'd be cool idea to make a thread where we can share our own races/championships with all of our fellow GTP users!

This will also serve as a thread as we find more details about the race creator too. Currently we know weather, time of day and seasons can be changed in blueprint. We don't know about limits in terms of how many checkpoints can be placed, if there's a storefront feature for finding popular races that are shared, if there's any placeable objects in the editor (etc). So ill update the OP as more details are found out!

We'll share more on the Route Creator later, but to clarify: while you can only start a custom route at any of the existing routes' start locations (and there are loads of them), after that your route is basically wherever you can drive from that point-even far away from the start point, placing checkpoints along the way, adjusting the width of each as you place them. It can be a circuit or a point to point, and is not limited to using the existing road network. In truth, it gives you so much freedom that it's presenting a lot of navigation challenges for Drivatars, and a lot of resulting bugs for Playground to fix as they are finishing the game.

Wow, seems like they have given us a lot of freedom. I hope we are able to create burnout paradise style races where you you have to race to a single point, but you can choose the route you want.

This is looking to be the best racing game of the last decade.

As a rally enthusiast, and a big Group B fanboy, this feature will make FH4 my heaven. *.*
I was actually thinking of doing a GTP Rally of sorts. You could make up 8-10 stages, mixed surface, each ending right on the start point of the next event.

With 12 people in a race, you'd just have to have one person recording everybodies times at the start and make note of when they finish. You'd need people with mics but could be cool

I was actually thinking of doing a GTP Rally of sorts. You could make up 8-10 stages, mixed surface, each ending right on the start point of the next event.

With 12 people in a race, you'd just have to have one person recording everybodies times at the start and make note of when they finish. You'd need people with mics but could be cool
That sounds like an excellent idea! Oh no. Now you got me even hyped for this feature! Man the possibilities are endless for this Horizon! :D

I've also started rebuilding my cars from scratch in preparation for FH4, while building new cars like some RWD cars for tarmac/off roading. As a old school rally fan, the Route Creator excites me!

Looking at the map we got about 100 Race locations, which gives us 100 possible starting points. That sounds nice

I will have to recreate my Tante Miglia credit-grinding race, I guess. Open to all kinds of cars that race at the Historic Mille Miglia (and beyond, who am I to deny passage to a 250 GTO), I used to run five laps of the Goliath, but with the new race creator function I guess I'll have to draw a more apt course...

I will have to recreate my Tante Miglia credit-grinding race, I guess. Open to all kinds of cars that race at the Historic Mille Miglia (and beyond, who am I to deny passage to a 250 GTO), I used to run five laps of the Goliath, but with the new race creator function I guess I'll have to draw a more apt course...
I want in on this.

Ooh yes please!!

One thing I'm hoping to do is make the GT style career mode I was planning to do in FM7 but couldn't due to the lack of free play options. My main inspiration is GT4's setup with 3 main halls than the regional, special events and manufacturer races as secondary branches. Obviously there is still lots of work to do and I will be waiting until the route creator gets here to really work on it, but if people are interested I will post updates as I go.

Here is what I had for a basic outline for my FM7 plan prior to cancelling it, obviously quite a few things will have to change including pretty much the entire Professional Hall, possibly removing the Endurance Hall (considering replacing it with a rivalry hall and making special events all historic classes) and adding off-road events.

Again, let me know if you're interested and I'll post updates here as I work on this and possibly make a thread once complete.

One thing I'm hoping to do is make the GT style career mode I was planning to do in FM7 but couldn't due to the lack of free play options. My main inspiration is GT4's setup with 3 main halls than the regional, special events and manufacturer races as secondary branches. Obviously there is still lots of work to do and I will be waiting until the route creator gets here to really work on it, but if people are interested I will post updates as I go.

Here is what I had for a basic outline for my FM7 plan prior to cancelling it, obviously quite a few things will have to change including pretty much the entire Professional Hall, possibly removing the Endurance Hall (considering replacing it with a rivalry hall and making special events all historic classes) and adding off-road events.

Again, let me know if you're interested and I'll post updates here as I work on this and possibly make a thread once complete.

Definitely interested in this. Would love to follow along!

I wanted to do something similar for FM7 but the free-play options were lacking (and I barely played it at launch).

I might do something similar for FH4 though I want to use the route creator for the early part of the career to make much shorter race courses for the slower cars I plan on using, and since the route creator is delayed I'll just play through normally and start the career once it launches, using a spreadsheet for Cr most likely.

since the route creator is delayed I'll just play through normally and start the career once it launches, using a spreadsheet for Cr most likely.

The delay of the route editor doesn't really hamper my plans since track selection will likely be the last part of each series anyways. Plus it's going to be a week or two before I can hopefully manage to put the game aside for long enough to work on this. :lol:

The one part that really sucks though is I have no skills when it comes to photoshop so I can't make PD style title cards for the events (although I could just use the ones in-game).

Last edited:
The delay of the route editor doesn't really hamper my plans since track selection will likely be the last part of each series anyways. Plus it's going to be a week or two before I can hopefully manage to put the game aside for long enough to work on this. :lol:

The one part that really sucks though is I have no skills when it comes to photoshop so I can't make PD style title cards for the events (although I could just use the ones in-game).

Yeah same, I wish I could have some photoshop skills to showcase all the events and such. They do a pretty good job in game auto generating nice event posters but of course they could be better.

Do you plan on doing different starter cars (than the base game) and if so, what did you have in mind?

First look at the route creator!

I just skimmed through the video, but that seems pretty great for a course maker. I was actually hoping for something more GTA esque, I had a lot of fun making entire courses in the air, it added a lot of freedom for the design of the track instead of using only the streets. I don't really like the Horizon maps very much.

I'm expecting that they will add some objects like jump ramps in future updates.
It is the object that is used in the default event, and we can create a more exciting course if can use them at the root creator.

I'm expecting that they will add some objects like jump ramps in future updates.
It is the object that is used in the default event, and we can create a more exciting course if can use them at the root creator.

I agree. Ramps and other objects would make races more interesting and certainly more appealing, so I think it will eventually be introduced. However, it may be on paid DLC.

I agree. Ramps and other objects would make races more interesting and certainly more appealing, so I think it will eventually be introduced. However, it may be on paid DLC.
That seems unlikely. PG have never done paid DLC that wasn't strictly cars or a full expansion like Storm Island or Blizzard Mountain. And they don't do microtransactions. If we do get ramps or flaming hoops or whatever for the route builder, it will likely be included from the start or added for free in a game update.

That seems unlikely. PG have never done paid DLC that wasn't strictly cars or a full expansion like Storm Island or Blizzard Mountain. And they don't do microtransactions. If we do get ramps or flaming hoops or whatever for the route builder, it will likely be included from the start or added for free in a game update.
On the upside, I imagine there's nothing to stop us incorporating ramps from existing courses into our custom built tracks.

FH4 is nice and all....but I don't have an xbox nor do I want to own one again. Lol

I wish they could make FH for PS4.

It looks like fun though.

You were able to watch the few seconds of the rewind feature in FH3, so I don't see why not.

FH3? Are we talking about the same thing?

I am talking about the new feature the route creator in FH4. Are we able to watch a replay video after the race? I understand that we are able to watch a replay video for all the normal race tracks, but we don't know if can do the same for the new route creator feature.

FH3? Are we talking about the same thing?

I am talking about the new feature the route creator in FH4. Are we able to watch a replay video after the race? I understand that we are able to watch a replay video for all the normal race tracks, but we don't know if can do the same for the new route creator feature.
It was a reference. If you can watch replays even from the small amount of time that you rewind in game, than why wouldn't you be able to here? In FH3, you were also able to watch replays of created races, so again, I don't see why not.

FH4 is nice and all....but I don't have an xbox nor do I want to own one again. Lol

I wish they could make FH for PS4.

It looks like fun though.

I know it's not ideal but FH4 is out on PC,if you can build a decent PC gaming machine you might be able to play FH4 with medium or low settings

Downloading the game tonight to have it ready when it'll come out! This track editor thing looks very good, I'm gonna be creating mostly track upsizes when the feature will come out. For example is taking the first rally tracks and making them longer with the dirt trails around.

That probably mean we can do stuff like all sorts of imaginable drag and drift courses.

Edit: It may not be flat or completely straight, but... offroad drag and off-road drift just for the fun of it, quarter-mile, 400 meters, Full mile if possible, 1000 meters.

I don't think they'll let us place props such as jumping boards and etc., but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back