Forza Horizon 4's Formula Drift Car Pack Slides Into the Game October 2

Rants about day 1 DLC incoming in 3...2...1...

It's quite normal to criticize ridiculous things you know. However, if people is like you i am not surprised that these scams are still common. "Day one" dlcs should be in the game from the start even if the game is good.

It's quite normal to criticize ridiculous things you know. However, if people is like you i am not surprised that these scams are still common. "Day one" dlcs should be in the game from the start even if the game is good.

Please explain how paying for content and receiving said content is a scam. They're not deceiving anyone here, they're being clear and open about added content that is a completely optional purchase.

Please explain how paying for content and receiving said content is a scam. They're not deceiving anyone here, they're being clear and open about added content that is a completely optional purchase.

It's a scam because that content is locked from other players in order to sell more copies. It's already done so why don't they put into the game? Answer this question, why? Just don't tell me the "no one forces you to buy it" crap. People buy a copy of the game but that doesn't seem enough in today industry. It's not only related to Forza though. I have nothing against the season pass (since that content it's developed later) but i don't understand these Day One DLCs.

Last edited:
It's already done so why don't they put into the game? Answer this question, why? Just don't tell me the "no one forces you to buy it" crap.

Because people buy it. It's not like Playground are taking the money and running for the hills; they're taking it and improving their other games and growing the studio.

It's a scam because that content is locked from other players in order to sell more copies.

Sure, in the same sense any deluxe or collector edition is guilty of, too. Those arguably are worse, if the content is exclusive to said editions. AFAIK, this pack will be available to purchase at launch as well.

It's already done so why don't they put into the game? Answer this question, why?

Because it's optional. An automaker knows it can fit a larger infotainment screen into Car X than the one in the base trim level. That doesn't mean someone buying such a car is entitled to all of the options for no additional cost.

Just don't tell me the "no one forces you to buy it" crap.

It's concerning when anybody considers facts as crap. :eek:

Last edited:
I think just i’m gonna pre-order the physical Ultimate Edition, soon I hope that this pack will available for purchase a lot sooner than the “Hoonigan” Pack was available for Forza 7. It took forever for it to be released for purchase.

Last edited:
Sure, in the same sense any deluxe or collector edition is guilty of, too. Those arguably are worse, if the content is exclusive to said editions. AFAIK, this pack will be available to purchase at launch as well.

Because it's optional. An automaker knows it can fit a larger infotainment screen into Car X than the one in the base trim level. That doesn't mean someone buying such a car is entitled to all of the options for no additional cost.

Brainless purchases are corcening a well. It seems like you accept every business practice without a second thought. It s thanks to people like you if they put microtransactions in videogames.

Brainless purchases are corcening a well. It seems like you accept every business practice without a second thought. It s thanks to people like you if they put microtransactions in videogames.
By choosing not to purchase these things if you dont want to, because it is optional, is why there's microtransactions in video games? You'd think that would be the opposite :rolleyes:

By choosing not to purchase these things if you dont want to, because it is optional, is why there's microtransactions in video games? You'd think that would be the opposite :rolleyes:

There shouldn t be an option in the first place, smartass. I am forced to buy the DLC if i want those cars which are ready and done from the start. Can you understand that or not? I bet you can t because you seem to be brainwashed by companies.
These "day one" DLCs are not expansions or made later after the official launch but fanboys gonna be fanboys i guess. You know what? Buy it but at least don t make up excuses to justify developers. They already gain money with the season pass, VIP pass etc
Pre-order DLCs don t charge you extra money while this one is separated and you can t get it if you only pre-order the standard edition.

Last edited:
There shouldn t be an option in the first place, smartass.
BRTky.jpg

So like I was saying, choosing to not purchase something like this is the reason why there is microtransactions in video games?

I am forced to buy the DLC if i want those cars which are ready and done from the start
i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.jpg

Can you understand that or not?
That it's an option? Sure I can. Do I like day-one DLC? No, but at the same I dont know the circumstances either, so I don't dumb myself down to pretend that I do. I'll just choose not to purchase, being smart with my wallet instead of pretending something stupid like being forced to purchase it. Or, the other option being I get it for free if I pre-order the game. Either way it's a win-win for me.

I bet you can t because you seem to be brainwashed by companies.
What is my opinion, and how am I brainwashed? I doubt you'd be able to answer either of those because you seem to have a problem with fabricating things to try to pretend you have a point.

View attachment 759546

So like I was saying, choosing to not purchase something like this is the reason why there is microtransactions in video games?

View attachment 759547

That it's an option? Sure I can. Do I like day-one DLC? No, but at the same I dont know the circumstances either, so I don't dumb myself down to pretend that I do. I'll just choose not to purchase, being smart with my wallet instead of pretending something stupid like being forced to purchase it.

What is my opinion, and how am I brainwashed? I doubt you'd be able to answer either of those because you seem to have a problem with fabricating things to try to pretend you have a point.

You don' t understand that it is a greedy business practice and people should not support this stuff. You said "I don t buy them" but you defend them saying there is an option to avoid the purchase. Can i tell my opinion or i am not allowed to say anything because you are going to be upset? I will buy the game but i am going to complain if i don t like something. The first guy who posted doesn t like complaints and clearly want other people to shut up. Do you want to be like that guy? Honestly, i didn t say that the game is trash or something, i only said that the "Day One" DLC is a bit too much in my eyes.

Last edited:
You don' t understand that it is a wrong business practice and people should not support this stuff.
An answer to my question would be nice. We can make an assumption, a wild guess, that they didn't include it in the game for X reason, but like I said I'm not going to make an ass out of my self just because a narrative I don't want to let go of. I'm saying I, but I don't mean me, I'm not the one doing that.

You don t buy them but you defend them saying there is an option to avoid the purchase.
I'm defending them by saying it's not forced to buy them? Are you really trying to push that? :lol: Jesus. That's just facts, nothing else to that. I didn't say it was ok or not. Try actually replying to what was said instead of making things up.

Can i tell my opinion or i am not allowed to say anything because you are going to be upset?
Who the hell said you cant? :lol: Stop acting like you're a victim here and try discussing the actual points because now you're just backpeddling. What's going on is that you're getting upset and frustrated that someone else shared an opinion. It's sad that you're trying to twist that.

The first guy who posted doesn t like complaints and clearly want other people to shut up. Do you want to be like that guy?
You're the only one being that guy. Problem is you're trying to applying it to someone else. Guess what, we can all see the same post here, so stop lying.

Also, answer this please;

An answer to my question would be nice. We can make an assumption, a wild guess, that they didn't include it in the game for X reason, but like I said I'm not going to make an ass out of my self just because a narrative I don't want to let go of. I'm saying I, but I don't mean me, I'm not the one doing that.

I'm defending them by saying it's not forced to buy them? Are you really trying to push that? :lol: Jesus. That's just facts, nothing else to that. I didn't say it was ok or not. Try actually replying to what was said instead of making things up.

Who the hell said you cant? :lol: Stop acting like you're a victim here and try discussing the actual points because now you're just backpeddling. What's going on is that you're getting upset and frustrated that someone else shared an opinion. It's sad that you're trying to twist that.

You're the only one being that guy. Problem is you're trying to applying it to someone else. Guess what, we can all see the same post here, so stop lying.

Also, answer this please;

Did you read the first post? Of course you didn't. He mocked Who usually complain about these topics.

Did you read the first post? Of course you didn't.
So what you're saying is that you're not capable to discuss the actual points you've brought up without resorting to fabrication, and when questioned about it, you avoid them completely acting like you're a victim? Of course you are.

So what you're saying is that you're not capable to discuss the actual points you've brought up without resorting to fabrication, and when questioned about it, you avoid them completely acting like you're a victim? Of course you are.

You avoided my question but i explained why i think your opinion is wrong. At this point i wonder if you have sights problems. What did the first poster say?

Wait, so this guy wants something for nothing? Every place I go and every place I shop I seem to be charged for items already made and took time and labor. That means it should be free. Sweet!!!

BRB, gonna get my free Chevy Cruze to Rolls Royce upgrade at the Auto Megastore in town. I wish I would have known this ages ago.

Wait, so this guy wants something for nothing? Every place I go and every place I shop I seem to be charged for items already made and took time and labor. That means it should be free. Sweet!!!

BRB, gonna get my free Chevy Cruze to Rolls Royce upgrade at the Auto Megastore in town. I wish I would have known this ages ago.

What a load of crap. Learn to read instead of making stupid jokes to derail the discussion. At least that guy put up some points to answer me even if i don t agree with what he is saying.

Let s put it this way. Why do they separate this Day One DLC from the season pass? I can t believe people give me the "hard work" narrative to explain these questionable choices T10/PG make. I am sure FH4 will be great but it will be a money cow like previous Forza games. The 10 dollars "Day One" DLC is just ridiculous. I bet that if the game didn t sell well they wouldn t charge users for that.

Last edited:
Because people buy it. It's not like Playground are taking the money and running for the hills; they're taking it and improving their other games and growing the studio.
I get your point but many people can't if you think of the unjustified backlash PD got/will get for adding microtransactions when they even let you to turn this option off.

I second that.

ah i think you should check these out

Also you want to know when microtransactions are bad? check Star Wars Battlefront 2 & NFS Payback or any mobile game.
There shouldn t be an option in the first place, smartass. I am forced to buy the DLC if i want those cars which are ready and done from the start. Can you understand that or not? I bet you can t because you seem to be brainwashed by companies.
These "day one" DLCs are not expansions or made later after the official launch but fanboys gonna be fanboys i guess. You know what? Buy it but at least don t make up excuses to justify developers. They already gain money with the season pass, VIP pass etc
Pre-order DLCs don t charge you extra money while this one is separated and you can t get it if you only pre-order the standard edition.
Im sure you realise that by using Im forced & if in the same sentence you contradict yourself "Smartass".
Edit Also in your first post you said "I usually don't like drift cars". Well why the 🤬 are you bothered by it then is not something you will buy/use since day 1 so wait for a sale.

Last edited:
I get your point but many people can't if you think of the unjustified backlash PD got/will get for adding microtransactions when they even let you to turn this option off.

I second that.

ah i think you should check these out

Also you want to know when microtransactions are bad? check Star Wars Battlefront 2 & NFS Payback or any mobile game.
Im sure you realise that by using Im forced & if in the same sentence you contradict yourself "Smartass".

These DLCs practices are not better at all. I know there are worse examples around but well. Read my last answer, it's more clear. Overall the situation is bad but some developers try to avoid these business models.

These DLCs practices are not better at all. I know there are worse examples around but well. Read my last answer, it's more clear. Overall the situation is bad but some developers try to avoid these business models.
i saw it & better response indeed but this (may) be the answer.

You avoided my question but i explained why i think your opinion is wrong. At this point i wonder if you have sights problems. What did the first poster say?
The first post has nothing to do with the asinine things that YOU said. So like I said, all you’ve done is spewed crap into the keyboard for us to read and have not responded to anything without first fabricating things to add to your point. You keep telling people to learn to read but you’re literally incapable of even responding to things that were actually said? Ironic no?

What a load of crap. Learn to read instead of making stupid jokes to derail the discussion. At least that guy put up some points to answer me even if i don t agree with what he is saying.
It’s to bad that all you did was avoid it completely, whine about opinions people have, and then pretend like someone said something when they didn’t say anything close to that.

Let s put it this way. Why do they separate this Day One DLC from the season pass? I can t believe people give me the "hard work" narrative to explain these questionable choices T10/PG make. I am sure FH4 will be great but it will be a money cow like previous Forza games. The 10 dollars "Day One" DLC is just ridiculous. I bet that if the game didn t sell well they wouldn t charge users for that.
Let’s also put it another way, in every version that the car pass is available, it also includes the formula drift pack. If your going to get the season pass then you’d be wise to get the Deluxe edition because guess what? It comes with the pass! Who would have thunk it?! Everyone. Everyone would have think it. Anyone who at least looked into things they’re saying, anyways. Seems that’s a part you missed.

Like who, for example?

i saw it & better response indeed but this (may) be the answer.

I remember T10 was criticized as well about something related to the VIP pass. The issue was related with the extra xp gainings which were cut for unknown reasons if i am not wrong. Microtransactions were cut too from FM7 so T10 tried to jump the patience line of buyers. I think the voice of users is important to keep things under control.

I remember T10 was criticized as well about something related to the VIP pass. The issue was related with the extra xp gainings which were cut for unknown reasons if i am not wrong. Microtransactions were cut too from FM7 so T10 tried to jump the patience line of buyers. I think the voice of users is important to keep things under control.
You are wrong. It was related to the fact the the Bonus you got for it where one time use cards for additional XP and credits, while they removed the double earnings of credits after each race.

You’re also wrong about MT being removed from FM7, they never had any to begin with.

Back