Forza Horizon 4's Formula Drift Car Pack Slides Into the Game October 2

I’m kinda already planning to do something with the FD cars, just not what they were originally built for. :P

Those Slivias are (if the options are there for them.) going to be like this, One is gonna be going to rally spec, another will be time attack grip spec and the last one a drag spec. :cool:

Discussions about microtransactions aside, how is this pack going to appear in the store? The article says that it can be played by people who pre-order the title but will it also be for sale alongside the game as normal DLC? I'm planning to spend big on this one anyway so if there's a version I can get with everything included then count me in!

EDIT: According to this the drift pack is included with all versions of the game :confused: https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/p/forza-horizon-4-ultimate-edition/9p546hrq6stv?activetab=pivot:embarrassed:verviewtab

Last edited:
Discussions about microtransactions aside, how is this pack going to appear in the store? The article says that it can be played by people who pre-order the title but will it also be for sale alongside the game as normal DLC? I'm planning to spend big on this one anyway so if there's a version I can get with everything included then count me in!

EDIT: According to this the drift pack is included with all versions of the game :confused: https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/p/forza-horizon-4-ultimate-edition/9p546hrq6stv?activetab=pivot:embarrassed:verviewtab

I didn't see anything about it being in every version? It's the wee hours of the morning though so I could just be blind/tired.

I usually check out the official forums for the content before release, it being from @ManteoMax I see no reason to not trust the information. On this one it says the base version seems to be the only one not receiving

I didn't see anything about it being in every version? It's the wee hours of the morning though so I could just be blind/tired.

upload_2018-8-16_15-12-32.png

upload_2018-8-16_15-16-51-png.759770

Looks like that other poster got banned for complaining about day one DLC which everyone gets anyway. Unless it somehow affects physical purchases, or digital purchases that aren't pre-ordered.

Last edited:
View attachment 759768

upload_2018-8-16_15-16-51-png.759770

Looks like that other poster got banned for complaining about day one DLC which everyone gets anyway. Unless it somehow affects physical purchases, or digital purchases that aren't pre-ordered.
I do know that every pre-order is going to get it, and because this is available to purchase, it could mean that. Although, if that’s the case then it’s just worded extremely poorly.

From my understanding, the only people that will miss out on the FD pack are those buying a standard physical copy.

If you want everything, the Ultimate is the way to go. It's a better deal than buying all its contents piece-meal, even more so than FH3 since the two expansions are included this time. In terms of post-release content, $40 is actually not a bad price for what's likely about 70 cars, two expansions, and VIP.

From my understanding, the only people that will miss out on the FD pack are those buying a standard physical copy.

If you want everything, the Ultimate is the way to go. It's a better deal than buying all its contents piece-meal, even more so than FH3 since the two expansions are included this time. In terms of post-release content, $40 is actually not a bad price for what's likely about 70 cars, two expansions, and VIP.

Given the amount I've spent on the games previously and how much enjoyment I've gotten from them I think I'll be pre-ordering the Ultimate Edition 👍 Technically I'm paying my friend's wages too since he worked on the UI :lol:

Given the amount I've spent on the games previously and how much enjoyment I've gotten from them I think I'll be pre-ordering the Ultimate Edition 👍 Technically I'm paying my friend's wages too since he worked on the UI :lol:
I'm more than happy to pay your friend's and his colleagues' wages. Fair exchange is no robbery.

I'm more than happy to pay your friend's and his colleagues' wages. Fair exchange is no robbery.

Well, one could argue that the Microsoft shareholders appropriating the surplus value they generate would constitute a "robbery"... But nvm. :lol::lol::lol:

Anyhow, I think there were a couple of Formula Drift cars in the latest leak that are not part of the pack? Namely, a #101 "2004" BMW M3, which I suppose would be Michael Essa's?

Dfg0aHgW0AIQqJ9.jpg:large

I wonder if this points to the possibility of other Formula D cars being included in car packs and the like in the future? It surely would make sense, with MS apparently falling in love again with the drift scene...

Well, one could argue that the Microsoft shareholders appropriating the surplus value they generate would constitute a "robbery"... But nvm. :lol::lol::lol:
Ugh, don't get me started. Let's just say I've been having issues with late-stage capitalism. I'm just hoping I can get this pre-ordered before the game comes out. Money has been unbelievably tight for the past few months.

Back