Forza Horizon 5: Car List (WIP)

• Thread starter willbsn13
  • 447 comments
New cars (well, returning cars) as seen from episode 3 of the LET'S GO!!! stream:

1998 Toyota Supra RZ
1974 Lancia Stratos HF Stradale
2014 Morgan 3-Wheeler
2014 Volkswagen Golf VII R
1993 Jaguar XJ220
2017 Ford GT
2013 Subaru BRZ
1994 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
2016 Dodge Viper ACR
1967 Lamborghini Miura P400
2005 Vauxhall Monaro VXR

They also teased that the game will feature "the largest car list in any Horizon game ever with hundreds of cars", but the exact figures are still unknown at this stage (whether or not this will exceed the 750+ cars of Forza Horizon 4).

Last edited:
New cars (well, returning cars) as seen from episode 3 of the LET'S GO!!! stream:

1998 Toyota Supra RZ
2014 Morgan 3-Wheeler
1993 Jaguar XJ220
2017 Ford GT
2013 Subaru BRZ
2016 Dodge Viper ACR
2005 Vauxhall Monaro VXR

They also teased that the game will feature "the largest car list in any Horizon game ever with hundreds of cars", but the exact figures are still unknown at this stage (whether or not this will exceed the 750+ cars of Forza Horizon 4).
Updating list now. Cheers

I remembered Mike saying something about that on stream as well. I looked back at it and he specifically said it's the largest car list "they've ever launched with," so I'm sure it won't be as large as FH4's is currently. I am hoping they don't cut too much and keep it 500-600 range.

Yep, indeed it does. I checked 179 out of 752 cars yesterday, this is what I’ve got:

Open/close roof with full animation:
2011 BMW Z4 sDrive35is
2018 Ferrari Portofino
2014 Ferrari California T
2013 Mazda MX-5

Open/close roof without animation:
1975 Fiat X1/9
2009 Honda S2000 CR
2003 Honda S2000
2012 Lotus Exige S
2005 Lotus Elise 111S
1994 Nissan Fairlady Z Version S Twin Turbo
1970 Porsche 914/6
1995 Toyota MR2 GT
1989 Toyota MR2 SC

I plan to do all 752 cars eventually, I’m checking some other things for upgrades and ForzaVista as well, it’s kinda time consuming but it’s quite fun while watching something else on my iPad. :)

I’m doing them by car class and haven’t gotten to the supercars yet which is why both McLarens aren‘t on the list yet. For the cars without animation I know by head at least one of the Pontiac Firebirds can do it as well.

Going back to the release trailer. I bet changing from road mode to race mode like we saw on the Mercedes Project One will be done with a push on the same left thumb stick as well. And I believe some of the Offroad vehicles have some other things you can do in ForzaVista as well (instead of removing the hard top on some cars).

I also came around the Unimog, not in ForzaVista but with upgrades you can remove the cover over the load section. This could be something they can remove from upgrades and add to the left thumb stick as well. But that would be speculation so for that reason I didn’t include it on the list.

There are also several convertible cars that clearly have been captured with a foldable roof closed (like the Austin Seven) or foldable roof opened (like one of the Mazda MX-5’s) but you can’t change it in ForzaVista now. I don’t know if Playground will revisit these cars and add the option to open/close the roof or not (I sure hope so!), for now I didn’t include them on the list.

Also found a couple of ForzaVista bugs with the explode option in Forzavista, once I’m done with the list I’ll feedback that to the devs.
Update of the above post. I checked all 752 cars now, hope I didn’t miss one.

FH4 cars where you can open/close the roof with full animation in Forzavista:

2011 BMW Z4 sDrive35is
2014 Ferrari California T
2018 Ferrari Portofino
2013 Mazda MX-5
2014 McLaren 650S Spider
2019 McLaren 720S Spider

FH4 cars whee you can open/close the roof in Forzavista (without animation):

1970 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
1953 Ferrari 500 Mondial
1975 Fiat X1/9
1975 Ford Bronco
2003 Honda S2000
2009 Honda S2000 CR
1956 Jaguar D-Type
2011 Koenigsegg Agera
2005 Lotus Elise 111S
2012 Lotus Exige S
2004 Maserati MC12
2004 Maserati MC12 Forza Edition
1994 Nissan Fairlady Z Version S Twin Turbo
2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
1970 Porsche 914/6
2014 Porsche 918 Spyder
2017 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
1989 Toyota MR2 SC
1995 Toyota MR2 GT

1998 Toyota Supra RZ
2014 Morgan 3-Wheeler
1993 Jaguar XJ220
2017 Ford GT
2013 Subaru BRZ
2016 Dodge Viper ACR
2005 Vauxhall Monaro VXR

I believe they said that FH5 will launch with the biggest car roster ever for a FH game at launch or something like that. If the data in my spreadsheet is correct then FH4 had 512 unique car models on September 28th, 2018. If you substract all the PO cars, FE cars, launch car packs (James Bond Edition cars and the initial Formula Drift cars) then you have the number of unique cars in the game (probably around 485 or something).

I believe they said that FH5 will launch with the biggest car roster ever for a FH game at launch or something like that. If the data in my spreadsheet is correct then FH4 had 512 unique car models on September 28th, 2018. If you substract all the PO cars, FE cars, launch car packs (James Bond Edition cars and the initial Formula Drift cars) then you have the number of unique cars in the game (probably around 485 or something).
Not sure where you got 485 from after FE cars etc.

I thought it was 460. Source:

https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2018/09/forza-horizon-4-car-list-here-it-is-in-full.html

Since Forza Horizon 4 reached up to 752 cars (the true count is 712 actual unique cars, 40 of which are gimmicks, in which 25 of them are Forza editions, eight are "Welcome Pack" cars and seven are pre-order cars) at the end of its lifetime, I will be surprised if Horizon 5 would launch with at least 650 or 700 thereabouts.

Last edited:
Anyone else think/hope the 2019 Mazda MX-5 RF Club (ND2) will be in FH5? It would be a great addition with it‘s retractible roof. The Club edition also has extra aero parts over the base 2016 ND model.

Since Forza Horizon 4 reached up to 752 cars (the true count is 712 actual unique cars, 40 of which are gimmicks, in which 25 of them are Forza editions, eight are "Welcome Pack" cars and seven are pre-order cars) at the end of its lifetime, I will be surprised if Horizon 5 would launch with at least 650 or 700 thereabouts.
Probably a few less if you add in the doubles. There are 2 exactly the same Hoonigan Mustangs, 2 Hoonigan Focus and 2 Drift Ford Mustangs. The only difference is the liveries.

New cars from episode 4 of the LET'S GO!!! stream:

2017 Ford #14 Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing GRC Fiesta
2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
2014 BAC Mono
2013 Caterham Superlight R500
2016 Porsche Cayman GT4
2019 Ferrari 488 Pista
2016 Jaguar F-TYPE Project 7
2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
2015 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

Hm, thought this might be worth noting; it seems that Forza has departed as a sponsor for Hoonigan - their current video game sponsor is now CSR2

20210804_084839.jpg

Would certainly miss the Hoonigan cars if they do indeed go. And wonder if there's some boring legal spaghetti regarding the Block/Ford separation, and how half the cars from the game are either sold or under auction...

Hm, thought this might be worth noting; it seems that Forza has departed as a sponsor for Hoonigan - their current video game sponsor is now CSR2

View attachment 1072127

Would certainly miss the Hoonigan cars if they do indeed go. And wonder if there's some boring legal spaghetti regarding the Block/Ford separation, and how half the cars from the game are either sold or under auction...
I'd really miss the Hoonigan RS200, as it's my go-to for off-pavement speed zones and speed traps in FH4.

View attachment 1072127

I actually wasn't aware of this. While my feelings of having the Hoonigan fleet in Forza are mixed, there were definitely some good picks out of the bunch. It does seem like there is a significant roadblock to licensing them now.

The branding is still on Block's new Subaru, though.
ken-blocks-subaru-wrx-sti-rally-car_100789875_m.jpg

He basically parted ways with Ford like 2 years ago and went "freelance" with many manufacturers.

Some Aston Martin models were DLC thrown under the James Bond tab, which made the marque feel slightly emptier than it actually was. No V8 Vantage V600 is ridiculous though considering it being in FH3.
I felt like this was a huge issue in general with FH4's car list at launch. So many cars got nixed at launch that were either new or reintroduced in FM7 and it just didn't make any sense. Remember that the 2018 Civic Type R and Porsche 911 991.2 GT3 RS weren't there at launch either (even though they were added quite quickly). Even cars that would have been right at home in Horizon were never added, like the Nissan Safari, Honda Odyssey, and others. I really hope we won't have a similar situation this time, because that's been one of my only gripes with Horizon 4's car list even though it's recovered pretty well now.

I felt like this was a huge issue in general with FH4's car list at launch. So many cars got nixed at launch that were either new or reintroduced in FM7 and it just didn't make any sense. Remember that the 2018 Civic Type R and Porsche 911 991.2 GT3 RS weren't there at launch either (even though they were added quite quickly). Even cars that would have been right at home in Horizon were never added, like the Nissan Safari, Honda Odyssey, and others. I really hope we won't have a similar situation this time, because that's been one of my only gripes with Horizon 4's car list even though it's recovered pretty well now.
anyone remember this car below? I think it would be very suitable for FH5 and Mexico. I have no clue what Mexican car culture is like but I assume it would have a big influence of classic and retro American cars as well. Kinda like Cuba but then evolved. 😅

Last edited:
anyone remember this car below
Absolutely. It's one of those cars that's odd in that it was carried over to the XB1 gen from the 360 gen, but has been missing in newer games. I'll never know why they removed it, but if they were going to add it back, this game would be the time.

The branding is still on Block's new Subaru, though.
ken-blocks-subaru-wrx-sti-rally-car_100789875_m.jpg

He basically parted ways with Ford like 2 years ago and went "freelance" with many manufacturers.
I take that back, the Subaru also has CSR2 branding on it.

I thought I saw a while back in the FH4 general discussion that they showed the Hoonigan “Scumbug” being scanned for Forza. Although that confirms nothing, it seems odd to me that, especially with how far in advance licensing is usually worked out, they would go through the trouble of scanning that somewhat recently. Also given how well it would fit in this location, i’m not sure this means the end of hoonigan in forza.

New cars:

1. 2020 Toyota GR Supra
  2. 1970 Porsche 914/6
  3. 2017 Maserati Levante S
  4. 2009 Honda S2000 CR
  5. 2015 Land Rover Range Rover SVR
  6. 2015 Subaru WRX STI
  7. 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
  8. 2010 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
  9. 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR

Let me know if there was anything I missed.

Back