Forza Horizon 5 Donut Media DLC Coming Soon

• Thread starter Famine
  • 69 comments
I don't know why all the bitterness around the source of the DLC. I'm not a regular viewer of Donut Media, but I have watched one or two of their videos (and I can barely recall them from Dirt 5.)

Anyways, if the following video is a good preview of the content, I'm ready to drive around their junk!

Last edited:
This is not what I would have picked for a brand partnership, but it could be worse. It could be a fashion brand completely unrelated to cars or something.
Yep, saw that too. That has to be THE most silliest partnership ever compared to this one, which actually has an involvement of cars.

This is not what I would have picked for a brand partnership, but it could be worse. It could be a fashion brand completely unrelated to cars or something.

Actually the whole idea behind cross promoting is putting together brands that are unrelated. Its to expose your product to a demographic you may otherwise not reach.

Stares in OPI Ford GT.
I'll admit I'm guilty of buying a DLC code for that car off of eBay recently because I want to own every car in the game...

That and the Ford Deluxe Forza Edition (which cost me $35 for the car, an emote and a t-shirt). Gotta love them pre-order bonuses.

Stares in OPI Ford GT.
I never even knew that existed, and that is hilariously terrible. Also, I think it takes the prize for laziest livery on a collaboration I've ever seen.
Actually the whole idea behind cross promoting is putting together brands that are unrelated. Its to expose your product to a demographic you may otherwise not reach.
Sort of. You're trying to reach a demographic that you think might be interested in your product but that who might not have come across it naturally. It's not about just mashing two unrelated demographics together and hoping for the best.

There's probably a fair few people who watch car-bro media on Youtube that would potentially be interested in a racing game (particularly one that's big on car modification and wacky stunts), but either never thought about it or just haven't had the impetus to get into it.

I would suggest that the number of people into high fashion who would potentially be into a racing game is far lower, although they're going to be by-definition well to do so will have a lot of disposable income for microtransactions. Maybe that's the attraction there.

Still, I'm not seeing any overlap between a racing game and nail polish outside of a couple dozen twitch streamers. Maybe it's a misguided attempt to encourage women to get into racing games, but I think the barriers there are more cultural than anything.

*There's also the cross promotions where it's just about having your name repeatedly in front of an audience you already know is into your product. Gamers don't need to be told that Monster and Red Bull exist, but they still cross promote and sponsor a bunch of stuff so that their brand continues to be in people's faces.

Aren't these the guys who stole content from others without bothering to even give credits?
To be fair, it appears it happened only once and James Pumphry of Donut Media did apologize, saying an editor included it by mistake after they had requested permission and been denied. DM offered to pay but Noriyaro insisted it be removed, which they eventually did. Noriyaro was no fan of DM even before this all begin, flat out telling Pumphry he doesn't like their videos, saying they're poorly made and poorly researched. Eventually Pumphry blocked Noriyaro because "I don't need people sending me novels about why they hate my videos." Sounds like a bad case of butthurt to me. But to his credit, the image was removed and there have been no further instances of stealing content that I'm aware of.

Last edited:
To be fair, Alexi's been one of the first Youtube guys to give some very deep insight in the various car cultures around Japan for the western world. I've been watching him for ages, and he's legit fun to watch. He touches everything, and that's what makes it interesting. He was one of the first ones to showcase Dajibans and Dekotoras, for instance. It's a shame he doesn't get that many views because his stuff is genuinely interesting. Meanwhile Donut is trying to be like Hoonigan, but neither of the hosts have any chemistry, which just makes everything so cringy. The Hoonigan guys are all friends and have know each others for years, which means when they talk **** they're just having fun, and you can tell it's genuine, even if they're bro-ing out at times. It's not perfect and at times it's a bit annoying, but when they just shred their yard or get someone else to do it, you know it's legit fun. Brian Scotto is also a massive car nerd, which in itself is a redeeming feature.

Donut's Hi/Low series with the 350Zs and Tacomas could was interesting to be honest, but James Pumphrey by himself basically makes it unwatchable. I said earlier he reminded me of a counterfeit Guy Fieri but I was wrong, he's a budget version James Corden, somehow even more annoying and cringy. Nolan and the other guys are not bad on their own, but everytime Pumphrey is on screen, it's a trainwreck.

So I guess my real problem with Donut Media is James Pumphrey.

You mean even worse then Hot Wheels/Lego?Is it possible?😆

607-6075501_png-fml-discord-cowboy-emoji-transparent-png-download.png

Everytime Pumphrey is on screen, it's a trainwreck.
Well it used to be IMO. Some of the earlier Up To Speed videos were very cringey and I often said "Ok that's enough cocaine mate"

Ah yes, with classics like the Toyota Camry 2.2, Pontiac Sunbird 3.1 and Subaru Impreza 2.5RS wagon. What else am I forgetting?
There would need to be some (mostly) non-meme options for balance. The Suzuki Escudo/Vitara in any flavor, Citroen C4 WRC Concept car, and the Autozam AZ-1 all spring to mind. Oh, and a McLaren SLR with horrid tyres and higher-than-normal center-of-gravity.

Last edited:
Ah yes, with classics like the Toyota Camry 2.2, Pontiac Sunbird 3.1 and Subaru Impreza 2.5RS wagon. What else am I forgetting?

The Camry Solara 2.4 and the 2.5RS coupe were in FM1, so it'd almost be a return to form. The 2.5RS got something of a second lease of life too, as the Hot Wheels Beetle from FM7 used its engine.

And, like the LEGO Expansion had Everything is Awesome on a non-stop loop... Footloose, the manliest song ever.
Also including a new Horizon story that chronicles these impressive vehicles, named 'Tales from your Ass'.

The Camry Solara 2.4 and the 2.5RS coupe were in FM1, so it'd almost be a return to form. The 2.5RS got something of a second lease of life too, as the Hot Wheels Beetle from FM7 used its engine.
It's a joke; we had a member (eminemfan I believe?) that claimed his 2.2 Camry was the fastest accelerating thing on earth, another guy claimed his 3.1 Sunbird was also the fastest thing on earth, and the cherry on top was the delusional idiot who claimed his Impreza wagon could win at Le Mans when the hybrid era started and the cars were unreliable. There used to be a thread with all the best posts and thread in GTPlanet history, but I can't find it anymore.
How could you forget the Dodge Aries?!
Ah yes, the coolest car ever because it basically saved Chrysler... how could I forget? :lol:

I wonder if by "scanning their faces" it'll mean that they end up as character models that you can choose from when creating your player avatar.
Ah yes, every Forza player's dream... to play as the Donut Media guys in Farid Rueda mural-patterned shirts.

Latest Posts

Back