Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,301 comments
I also remember hearing a Venturi Atlantique being scanned 4 years ago, although till today, the car was never added in the Forza franchise. For sure, licensing will take a lot of time, especially if a marque like Venturi is probably out of business.

Venturi still exists! But the company was bought in 2000 by a Monaco-based individual and the new owner wanted to focus day-one on EVs, they haven't produced any new ICE-powered cars since that I know of. They are so committed to EVs, Venturi was the first automaker to participate in Formula E - since before the first grand prix, even. One thing I can't help but notice is their website acts like the company's history starts in 2000. There is no mention of their classic cars like the Atlantique.

I don't want to say anything definitively but I have the distinct impression Venturi's current management doesn't particularly care about its pre-2000 heritage or its classic cars, and that it might have something to do with the Atlantique not featuring in Forza. ...Or any game since GT2, now that I think about it.

Last edited:
1670350346763.png

Forza Horizon 5 Horizon Holidays

New Features

• Secret Santa Returns
  • Horizon Holidays Reward Cars:
    • New to Forza: 2020 Lamborghini Sián Roadster
    • New to Forza: 2022 Cupra UrbanRebel Racing Concept
    • 1958 Plymouth Fury
    • 1970 AMC Rebel ‘The Machine’
    • 1971 AMC Javelin AMX
    • 2013 Cadillac XTS Limousine
  • #FORDzathon Reward Cars:
    • New to Forza: 2021 MG MG6 XPower
    • New to Forza: 2020 MG #20 MG6 XPower
    • 2010 Renault Megane RS 250
    • 2010 Renault Clio R.S.
    • 2016 Renault Clio R.S. 16 Concept
  • Japanese and Traditional Chinese VO
  • EventLab Build Point at the Horizon Stadium
Game Fixes

• Vinyl-related Accolades now progress as intended
  • Liveries are no longer misaligned on the 1992 Honda NSX-R body kit
  • The roof of the Forsberg Racing Toyota Gumout 2JZ is now paintable
  • Numerous other fixes to applying liveries and decals to various cars
  • Tunes and liveries now correctly apply to Super7 Challenge Cards
  • Donut Media Chapter 2 Tuning now persists into later chapters
  • The “areas discovered” stat no longer displays an incorrect value
  • Fixed incorrect subtitles for Donut Media @ Horizon story chapters
  • Festival props placed in EventLab no longer change appearance
  • Fixed unintended persisted gamepad rumble after loading into an event
  • Fixed convertible animation triggering while moving, preventing car usability
  • 2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R rear license plate blacked out when Rocket Bunny widebody kit was applied
  • 2005 BMW M3 invisible rollcage when Rocket Bunny widebody kit was applied
  • 2005 Subaru Impresa WRX STi front Forza Street Rumper appearing as race bumper and vice versa

1670350708539.png

Is it just me or does the Sian sound like it has a new sound file?
Also the Cupra is available now in the autoshow for 2 million. Can go upto 1000hp in X class at only 2600ish lbs with max weight reduction. Absolute monster of a car.

Last edited:
Now that the final update of 2022 is out, here is an overview of all the new-to-Forza cars that have been added to the game in 2022 without being part of the car pass or the Hot Wheels expansion. In other words, all the free new-to-Forza cars in 2022. Some remarks :

• I sorted them from old to new (year)
  • I only added 1 Extreme E car since I couldn’t care less about the 9 other copy/paste versions.

What is by far my biggest disappointment with this list (and the game post release) is that there are barely any vintage, classic or retro cars, let’s say anything before the year 2000. In fact, there is only one (read: ONE!) car older than 2013 that was a new-to-Forza free car this year, the Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S. That… is… it.

Now I’m not going hate adding new 2018+ cars to the game and I’ll be the first to vouch for Audi and BMW who really needed some of their latest lineup urgently added to the game, which has happened. But the balance between adding new-to-Forza cars has never been this one-sided in any Forza game since FM5 for as far as I can remember… 😔

Barracuda Formula-S1968Plymouth
Sunshine S2013Wuling
MG32015MG
EP92016NIO
GT 'OPI Edition'2017Ford
RS4 Avant2018Audi
370Z Nismo2019Nissan
4Runner TRD Pro2019Toyota
#20 MG6 XPower2020MG
Sián Roadster2020Lamborghini
F8 Tributo2020Ferrari
SF90 Stradale2020Ferrari
RC F Track Edition2020Lexus
#100 Cyan Racing 032020Lynk & Co
GT-R NISMO (R35)2020Nissan
P72020XPeng
MG6 XPower2021MG
DBX2021Aston Martin
RS e-tron GT2021Audi
RS7 Sportback2021Audi
M4 Competition Coupé2021BMW
Mustang Mach-E 14002021Ford
03+2021Lynk & Co
765LT2021McLaren
911 GT32021Porsche
UrbanRebel Concept2022Cupra
#125 Abt Cupra XE2022Extreme E

If you are going to Jesko the seasonal's danger sign remember to lift the front suspension to the max to prevent bottoming at the base of the ramp, which can cost you an instant loss of speed/momentum. Also, keep in mind that,depending on your speed the car will lift like a wing, so have the car perk that protects your skill chain against the first collision, in case you land on an awkward angle (which is likely).

Last edited:
It's been fun guys, but Lego Star Wars is now on Gamepass so, see you next year 😀

Actually I need a break from the game anyway as I was getting burned out by the weekly events etc, and it was losing its fun factor. Noticed as soon as i started something else I was much more fun filled again.

When the second DLC does drop, come back to FH5 I may do 😉

Now that the final update of 2022 is out, here is an overview of all the new-to-Forza cars that have been added to the game in 2022 without being part of the car pass or the Hot Wheels expansion. In other words, all the free new-to-Forza cars in 2022. Some remarks :

• I sorted them from old to new (year)
  • I only added 1 Extreme E car since I couldn’t care less about the 9 other copy/paste versions.

What is by far my biggest disappointment with this list (and the game post release) is that there are barely any vintage, classic or retro cars, let’s say anything before the year 2000. In fact, there is only one (read: ONE!) car older than 2013 that was a new-to-Forza free car this year, the Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S. That… is… it.

Now I’m not going hate adding new 2018+ cars to the game and I’ll be the first to vouch for Audi and BMW who really needed some of their latest lineup urgently added to the game, which has happened. But the balance between adding new-to-Forza cars has never been this one-sided in any Forza game since FM5 for as far as I can remember… 😔

Barracuda Formula-S1968Plymouth
Sunshine S2013Wuling
MG32015MG
EP92016NIO
GT 'OPI Edition'2017Ford
RS4 Avant2018Audi
370Z Nismo2019Nissan
4Runner TRD Pro2019Toyota
#20 MG6 XPower2020MG
Sián Roadster2020Lamborghini
F8 Tributo2020Ferrari
SF90 Stradale2020Ferrari
RC F Track Edition2020Lexus
#100 Cyan Racing 032020Lynk & Co
GT-R NISMO (R35)2020Nissan
P72020XPeng
MG6 XPower2021MG
DBX2021Aston Martin
RS e-tron GT2021Audi
RS7 Sportback2021Audi
M4 Competition Coupé2021BMW
Mustang Mach-E 14002021Ford
03+2021Lynk & Co
765LT2021McLaren
911 GT32021Porsche
UrbanRebel Concept2022Cupra
#125 Abt Cupra XE2022Extreme E
It's even more notable when you factor in the fact that the Barracuda technically isn't new to Forza -- it just hasn't been in a game since Forza Motorsport 4.

It's been fun guys, but Lego Star Wars is now on Gamepass so, see you next year 😀

Actually I need a break from the game anyway as I was getting burned out by the weekly events etc, and it was losing its fun factor. Noticed as soon as i started something else I was much more fun filled again.

Have fun dude see you on the other side in 12 parsecs .......

forza-horizon-4-lego-speed-champions-all-beauty-spot-location.jpg

You ain't the only one who's burned out by the weekly events. I found my share of fun-filled game-time with ATS and ETS2, hence why my recent avatars have been the two games' licensed cornucopia of trucks.

FH5 lost its fun-factor too quickly, while the former's titles kept me occupied with exploration.

Venturi still exists! But the company was bought in 2000 by a Monaco-based individual and the new owner wanted to focus day-one on EVs, they haven't produced any new ICE-powered cars since that I know of. They are so committed to EVs, Venturi was the first automaker to participate in Formula E - since before the first grand prix, even. One thing I can't help but notice is their website acts like the company's history starts in 2000. There is no mention of their classic cars like the Atlantique.

I don't want to say anything definitively but I have the distinct impression Venturi's current management doesn't particularly care about its pre-2000 heritage or its classic cars, and that it might have something to do with the Atlantique not featuring in Forza. ...Or any game since GT2, now that I think about it.
It could also be that while they bought the company's IP and assets, they don't actually have the rights to those older cars. From what I understand* "trade dress" can apply on a car-by-car basis as it covers the car's basic shape and design, and it's possible some other company owns that or the current holder of Venturi's IP just didn't want to pay the cost for it, since they have no interest in continuing production with that particular body style.

*a very rudimentary understanding mind you, licensing and copyright law is confusing even when it's boiled down to the basics.

After this new update i found strings for Horizon Drift Club Mexico part 2. Strangely it seems there is only one chapter.

The story seems to be about drifting the 599 Fiorano FD on narrow road while being photographed by a helicopter.

After this new update i found strings for Horizon Drift Club Mexico part 2. Strangely it seems there is only one chapter.

The story seems to be about drifting the 599 Fiorano FD on narrow road while being photographed by a helicopter.
Did u find other things in the files?!

Yes, the Sian Image in cluster is missing and strada writing is missing too pluss the redshifting animation in gauge
I'm starting to think the car was rushed. Also, is it just me or do they tend to reuse the same few fonts rather than using the same typeface for each modern Lambo? Not having hybrid display or the 'corsa' display shows signs of laziness.

It wouldn't hurt to allocate some funds towards new typefaces, but that's just me.

I don't think it'd be impossible for the Atlantique to be added. If PG is willing to put up the money to get one of their cars in a game I don't see any reason why they'd turn it down.

I'm starting to think the car was rushed. Also, is it just me or do they tend to reuse the same few fonts rather than using the same typeface for each modern Lambo? Not having hybrid display or the 'corsa' display shows signs of laziness.

It wouldn't hurt to allocate some funds towards new typefaces, but that's just me.
True!!I think they rushed with sian .. thats why we got the roadster and not the coupe!!

Because it's not in Corsa mode. It's most likely in Strada.
2021-Lamborghini-Sian-11.webp

Last edited:

There's a certain irony about modern games and how photorealistic they've become when someone complains about "missing" stuff that 99% of the playerbase won't even notice... this used to be the most realistic thing when I was a kid, you'd get bugs on your windshield and the wipers worked!
hqdefault.jpg

I guess I'll go back to yelling at clouds.

Since it's a roadster, I hope we get a chance to put the roof on and off in the Sian, like in the 918 Spyder and Zonda Cinque, cause otherwise what is the point of the roadster...

The sian in the real life dosnt support roof!!
Oh, I see, interesting. Well that's a shame, I much more prefer coupe models, so that fact I won't even be able to recreate the coupe by adding the roof is a bit disappointing, but I'm still excited for the car, so we'll see.

Back