Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,358 comments
My favourite Mustang.......
Screenshot_20230112-214348~2.png

If anyone want a Doritos costume for FH5, i still got one code. I forgot they give 2 codes. One for Xbox/Microsoft Store and the other one for Steam. I still have Steam code. PM me if you want it. Code should still be valid up through March 2023.

Mach-E fans are happy. At least they get to drive a drift car based on this car.

My favorite "Mustang" has been ignored by almost every racing game in history...

*Yes, of course this post is a joke based on the history of Mustang and Probe. However, it's true I'm calling for the Probe, more 80-00s FWD American sports cars should be added to the racing game!

1994-1996_Ford_Probe_liftback_02.jpg

Mach-E fans are happy. At least they get to drive a drift car based on this car.

My favorite "Mustang" has been ignored by almost every racing game in history...

*Yes, of course this post is a joke based on the history of Mustang and Probe. However, it's true I'm calling for the Probe, more 80-00s FWD American sports cars should be added to the racing game!

View attachment 1222509
I could definitely go for the Probe (not a probe, that’s completely different), the Dodge Daytona, and the ’99-‘02 Mercury Cougar.

Letting FH rest for a while would be nice.

I think there are several of us who are tired of always doing the same thing, just playing the game weekly to reach 20 forzathon points and get the new car.
I don't find an incentive to continue playing.

Maybe the return of PGR, Rallisport Challenge or Midtown Madness it would be a good idea while working on a new Horizon that brings new things.

Something similar to what they have done with Motorsport.
FM7 was released in 2017. They have had a lot of time to work on the reboot.
I’m just so burned out on the constant slog that is FH5. The playlist is always basically a bunch of chores in cars I don’t want to drive on miserable tracks. I literally just spent $100 or so making my H-shifter work right with FH1 again so I could go back to it.

Modern FH games are basically mobile gatcha / free-to-play games at this point.

That's nice for you, but it's definitely misbranded if that's the case. It's like saying an X-Raid isn't a Mini.
The Mach-E isn't even built on a Mustang platform, it's built on the C2 platform which is used for the Focus and Escape, and was simply the name chosen by Ford to sell it, similar to Mitsubishi and the EclipseCross.

Well that how it is. The Mach-E is a Mustang. Were you expecting a Mustang sedan?
A name like Mach-E conjures images of an electric Mustang and not an SUV, especially since the Mach 1 was a performance oriented package.

Last edited:
The Mach-E isn't even built on a Mustang platform
The Mini X-Raid for all intents and purposes is a Mini modified for offroad Dakar racing.
These are two really weird sentences to go in the same post, never mind the same paragraph.

X-Raid is a company that makes spaceframe buggies. The Mini X-Raid is one of those buggies, with a carbon-kevlar shell that looks like a Mini Countryman. Its connection to the Mini Countryman is so tenuous as to make it laughable to call it a Mini at all, never mind one "modified for offroad Dakar racing". I doubt there's a single BMW part for the Countryman anywhere on it; the glass won't be made of glass, the headlights could be but probably aren't road items, and even the Mini badge is a sticker rather than a badge.

The Mustang Mach-E might well be a marketing exercise to leverage a well-known name to sell EVs, but at least it's still actually a Ford.

And since it's called "Mustang", it should be eligible for an event where you can use any Mustang. It isn't, although the Hoonicorn is and that only shares a bodyshell with a Mustang.

Even Ford has it listed as an SUV on their website and not listed with the Mustangs
Ford's website lists by body style, not by model.

It doesn't list it "with the Mustangs" because the coupe is listed under "cars" and the Mach-E is listed under "SUVs & Crossovers" (and "Electrified"; all hybrid and EV models are listed in that category as well as the body type category). That's because it's an SUV/crossover (and electric), not a car - and not because it's not a Mustang.

Moreover, check out what happens if you click "Mustang" in the top menu bar (highlighted here in royal blue):

1673616321224.png

Looks rather like Ford does in fact class it as a Mustang...

Last edited:
I'll stand corrected on that and edited my post to reflect such; however, it wasn't going to BE a Mustang until market research showed it wouldn't go over well as a Mustang as an electric SUV.

It probably doesn't register as a Mustang for the Forza events because it was a DLC car, technically, and I think most of those have that issue.

The '84 SVO had that problem too for a while, iirc.

Edited: Sorry, I came off a bit hot on that one.

Last edited:
I’m just so burned out on the constant slog that is FH5. The playlist is always basically a bunch of chores in cars I don’t want to drive on miserable tracks. I literally just spent $100 or so making my H-shifter work right with FH1 again so I could go back to it.

Its main campaign is certainly more intense and involving, but I had much less of an incentive to play Forza Horizon 1 a year after release than Horizon 5. 1000 Club... no thanks. That's what I'd call a "constant slog".

Last edited:
You know what's funny? There was a Wednesday Want article on this site about the Probe in 2017. There were just a few corrections though. The Probe was launched in 1989, and prior to 1994 no RHD models were sold.

I miss reading these old news articles; they provided a wide variety of stuff to look at. Whatever happened to those colums, man?

Saw a beautiful red Stinger GT outside my dads work today, and got reminded how much I despise the “Let’s cut cars from the previous game just to re-add them to the next game” shtick that PG has got going, god damn how I wish that they’ll drop this trash tactic for FH6 cause it’s so annoying and so anti-player.

And I pray to Dua Lipa that the new FM won’t cut cars to “update them for the next gen” just to re-add them in exactly the same condition as before and the only reason for doing that being to pad out a “Racing Playlist” thing of sorts instead of providing new cars, but I guess we’ll find out about it this year.

Anyway, sorry for the rant and stream and/or buy Midnights, love y’all.

Saw a beautiful red Stinger GT outside my dads work today, and got reminded how much I despise the “Let’s cut cars from the previous game just to re-add them to the next game” shtick that PG has got going, god damn how I wish that they’ll drop this trash tactic for FH6 cause it’s so annoying and so anti-player.

And I pray to Dua Lipa that the new FM won’t cut cars to “update them for the next gen” just to re-add them in exactly the same condition as before and the only reason for doing that being to pad out a “Racing Playlist” thing of sorts instead of providing new cars, but I guess we’ll find out about it this year.

Anyway, sorry for the rant and stream and/or buy Midnights, love y’all.
Never seen a Stinger in real life.......oh and love ya more 😘.

This I agree. Licensing issues (except Alfa Romeo and other Italian brands) cannot account for these omissions. I think they were deliberate.

This I agree. Licensing issues (except Alfa Romeo and other Italian brands) cannot account for these omissions. I think they were deliberate.
Yes they can. Cars are licensed on an individual basis and not the entire brand. It is entirely possible that they didn't get the license for the Stinger GT. It's possible it was cut just for the purpose of using it to the pad the playlist, but I doubt it.

I wonder whether cars are licensed for multiple games or just single instalments. I'd imagine devs do their darnedest to hold onto them for as long as they can and figure the major US brands like Chevrolet, Ford and GM are happier with enabling this for an American games publisher than Stellantis or smaller premium marques are but I've no way to tell.

But of course car game devs hate us and want to deliberately make their and our lives as miserable as possible because there's no way they'd want more people to not enjoy their products. Yeah, that must be it!

Last edited:
You know what's funny? There was a Wednesday Want article on this site about the Probe in 2017. There were just a few corrections though. The Probe was launched in 1989, and prior to 1994 no RHD models were sold.

I miss reading these old news articles; they provided a wide variety of stuff to look at. Whatever happened to those colums, man?
Well... we were talking about the Mk2, and it did launch in 1994 in Europe (which is noted in the article in the pricing section) but Ford of Europe started promoting it right from its first European motor show appearance in late-1992 (I think at the NEC; I don't recall any earlier appearance outside the US circuit).

As for what happened to WW and others... well, I was the motoring editor here from 2017-2019 and then when Kyle left (ironically to do motoring at a Canadian outlet) I had to step up to do everything gaming - our core reason for being - and there simply wasn't the capacity to do all the car stuff as well, while suddenly having to learn stuff about Forza (and other games) against my will.

With COVID also putting a fist right into the anus of both industries, there's been no time to indulge in real car stuff without a specific gaming connection to it. However you might notice the recent GTP Quick Drives...

I wonder whether cars are licensed for multiple games or just single instalments. I'd imagine devs do their darnedest to hold onto them for as long as they can and figure the major US brands like Chevrolet, Ford and GM are happier with enabling this for an American games publisher than Stellantis or smaller premium marques are but I've no way to tell.

But of course car game devs hate us and want to deliberately make their and our lives as miserable as possible because there's no way they'd want more people to not enjoy their products. Yeah, that must be it!
I feel like it could be both; licensing occurs on a game-per-game basis I think (wouldn't surprise me if it's easier/cheaper to do it that way), and PG probably feel some kind of pressure to please Microsoft by 1. releasing a new game and create engagement, 2. continue to generate interest by drip feeding cars over time, and 3. have some of said cars be past cars cuz licensing is a [REDACTED].

Thinking about it, this alone could be one reason (if not the reason) why it's been rumored that FH6 might be the last Forza Horizon (atleast for a long time) - licensing cars per game is just so tricky and costly that it's easier to just have one game and keep it going as long as possible. After all FH4 did eventually get a whole slew of cars that wasn't present at launch (including Mitsubishi AND Toyotas), some of which not even FH5 has gotten yet.

Now whether that's even remotely likely to happen or not... that's a different story.

Last edited:

Which constant slog exactly?

Getting the new car once a week takes less than an hour (20 points). That's all you really need to do to ensure you don't miss anything. Is that really a slog?

Personally I'm enjoying other games at the moment and just running the 20 points playlist and the odd extra race for fun. No slog here.

Which constant slog exactly?

Getting the new car once a week takes less than an hour (20 points). That's all you really need to do to ensure you don't miss anything. Is that really a slog?

Personally I'm enjoying other games at the moment and just running the 20 points playlist and the odd extra race for fun. No slog here.
20 points take about 25 mins on a slow day per week. A trial for 10 points (about 10 mins), 3 stunts for 6 pts (5 mins), 2 points from both rivals (5 mins) and 10 mins for the remaining 2 pts (can be done easily with a photo challenge in a few minutes, or a full championship)

it is nowhere close to a slog. i am genuinely shocked to see so much backlash to it, considering that if it was like FH3 or older games, we would be stuck with only launch + dlc vehicles and pray that whatever new/old or returning car would be present in the next game.
This system is a great alternative to that. OFC things could be better but this system has a decent enough balance to not be overbearing or grindy, while not being too effortless.

If we're talkin' about constant slog, then it would be the game unwilling to offer anything new with custom-made tracks for seasonal championships. They're not offering up custom routes apart from Eventlab.
But I pray, tell that FH6 can at least live up to the standards.

Last edited:
I suspect players on lower end machines waiting for all the textures to load in on EventLab-created tracks would experience much more of a "slog". I liked the developer championships in FH4 though and wish they mixed it up a little more like that.

Last edited:
On the EventLab/theme note, I have/will be making two events a week with my custom rulesets during the Fordzathon series that hopefully help scratch the variety itch (even if some of the rulesets are a bit bizarre/balanced around creating "close" racing), which I'll be posting the share codes for in the "Share Your Creations" thread.

Fwiw, in real life the Mach-E is on a different platform than the Mustang, and when registering VINs with NHTSA they are separate model lines.
Yeah, it's on an adapted version of the mid-sized SUV C2 platform - shared with multiple product lines - called GE1. The Mustang coupe is on its own dedicated platform, which it shares with nothing else (for once... although the third gen was also standalone).

However that shouldn't be a reason to exclude the Mach-E from a challenge that says "any Mustang", just as you wouldn't exclude any of the previous four Mustang platforms; they're all cars called "Mustang" and it seems odd that one specific car called Mustang isn't eligible.

The SVO also appears excluded, but that's probably an issue with it being a Car Pass car for some reason.

Back