Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,500 comments
I ain't turning my radio off for no one!

Personally speaking I used to alter the deadzones for FH1-3 but since FH4 I haven't had a problem with the out of box settings, especially with 5. For people who do, however, your article seems like a good starting point to me. People also sometimes mention adjusting the trigger settings for a faster response as I think they have deadzones too.
I sometimes turn the radio off and put Amazon Music on with my own playlist. Only problem doing that though is I miss out on double skill points when they pop.

I've personally never had to adjust my stick settings, I'll have to have a look at the triggers though. I never thought about them having dead zones but it's certainly plausible.

I've personally never had to adjust my stick settings, I'll have to have a look at the triggers though. I never thought about them having dead zones but it's certainly plausible.
When I had Spotify premium I used to run the app in the background and turned the radio volume to zero on Eterna. That way when the skill songs symphonies came on the points boost lasted longer. I had to say the "Orizon. Weel you dance weeth me?" bit myself though.

It's been so long since I had to look at them but I think the throttle deadzones in advanced controls are called acceleration and deceleration axis.

Last edited:
Just bought Premium add-ons.

Only problem I have is with controls, just can't find right settings.
Cars are turning too quickly.
The "arcade" nature of Forza Horizon is basically that the front wheels are given too much grip. Apparently (according to HoshiHoki's video) the level of grip while turning and while putting power down is treated separate in FH, allowing you to turn much more easily than you should be able to.

This is deliberate, to allow you to drive around at far too high speeds, but apparently this is the only major physics deviation between Horizon and Motorsport (apart from cars taking jumps and bumps too easily of course). But in other respects cars behave very much the same in both Horizon and Motorsport.

So what this means is that in FH5 you just have to accept braking later, trail braking by default (which would throw you into horrible understeer in more serious sims) and taking corners faster than should be possible. Dial your head in to this change, and just drive faster. This should solve your steering issue...

Time for speculation. We were in Colorado, Southern Europe and Australia for two years each. Then England for three years. We're now into our third year in Mexico. Will it be another three year stretch here, or will they make this a four year visit?
I bailed out because of stability problems, so while I think FH5 will last up to 5 years, I won't get to enjoy much of it.

Maybe even go GTA5 and make it ten plus years?
IMO I don't see this happening since licensing is finite. You have to bring something new each time, and it'd be better to get new maps later down the line. Which requires lots of preliminary research and planning - many years before any game release.

About GTA5, I was an avid Rockstar fan for a time. Until they (the current creative directors and/or Take-Two in general) migrated over to GTA Online, and left singleplayer behind. I want to like GTA VI, but their past mistakes could be a blown opportunity. I'm still keeping my expectations low, because I had very little faith in them, even after my PC playthrough in 2021 (yeah I bought the game on Steam to rediscover the story mode, which had every opportunity to improve). The greed, the monetization, a subscription service, etc.

Also, for those who think the Infiniti J30 is ugly, it isn't. It's essentially an upscaled version of the Nissan Altima, which shared the majority of its parts to.

Last edited:
It's essentially an upscaled version of the Nissan Altima, which shared the majority of its parts to.
It didn't share anything with an Altima. It was built on the Cima/Gloria/Cedric platform so it's rwd instead of fwd. It came with the NA VG30 you'd find in a Z32 300ZX. It's essentially a Q45 with two cylinders chopped off and melted bodywork.

I sometimes turn the radio off and put Amazon Music on with my own playlist. Only problem doing that though is I miss out on double skill points when they pop.

Leave the radio ON but at volume 0. From memory, i think this is different to FH4 where you can't put volume right down to nothing.
Noob! :P :lol:

It didn't share anything with an Altima. It was built on the Cima/Gloria/Cedric platform so it's rwd instead of fwd. It came with the NA VG30 you'd find in a Z32 300ZX. It's essentially a Q45 with two cylinders chopped off and melted bodywork.
The JDM version (Nissan Leopard J Ferie) was even available with a V8!

Time for speculation. We were in Colorado, Southern Europe and Australia for two years each. Then England for three years. We’re now into our third year in Mexico. Will it be another three year stretch here, or will they make this a four year visit? Maybe even go GTA5 and make it ten plus years? How long before FH6? And will they pull a Motorsport and simply call it Forza Horizon?
I’d think they’d have to at least announce FH6 on their big summer showcase E3 thing this year. Forza Motorsport came out flat and FH6 is the next up.

Have a look at paragraph 3 in the attached link. Play about with these settings and see if that helps you.

Thanks, it helped.
I think that to solve this problem, I need to get used to, and that may take some time...
The "arcade" nature of Forza Horizon is basically that the front wheels are given too much grip. Apparently (according to HoshiHoki's video) the level of grip while turning and while putting power down is treated separate in FH, allowing you to turn much more easily than you should be able to.

This is deliberate, to allow you to drive around at far too high speeds, but apparently this is the only major physics deviation between Horizon and Motorsport (apart from cars taking jumps and bumps too easily of course). But in other respects cars behave very much the same in both Horizon and Motorsport.

So what this means is that in FH5 you just have to accept braking later, trail braking by default (which would throw you into horrible understeer in more serious sims) and taking corners faster than should be possible. Dial your head in to this change, and just drive faster. This should solve your steering issue...
Thanks, as I said above, time may solve it.
It's only weird how everything worked perfectly in FH3, without any settings tweaks and now there are problems.
I don't know for FH4, didn't tried yet.

Thanks, it helped.
I think that to solve this problem, I need to get used to, and that may take some time...

Thanks, as I said above, time may solve it.
It's only weird how everything worked perfectly in FH3, without any settings tweaks and now there are problems.
I don't know for FH4, didn't tried yet.
Really glad it helped bud. The handling will come to you. I'm struggling a lot with the new Motorsport at the moment because I'm too use to FH5 handling.

I'll have a look at your creative hub in game either tomorrow or Wednesday and help you out with your accolades if I can.

Slightly off topic but Gravel Special Edition is on sale on the Xbox store now for £2.49.

It comes with the season pass with 5 expansion sets. I've heard good things off mates about it. Haven't fired it up myself as only just bought it.

Slightly off topic but Gravel Special Edition is on sale on the Xbox store now for £2.49.

It comes with the season pass with 5 expansion sets. I've heard good things off mates about it. Haven't fired it up myself as only just bought it.
Sounds like great value as it's normally £24.99 from the looks of things. The sale ends in six days so thanks for the tip to our own bargain hunter @Edax 76.

licensed-image (1).jpeg

Last edited:
No worries bud.👍👍
Excuse the edit but I couldn't resist. Couldn't resist buying it either as it seems to be cheap as chips for a game by an experienced dev like Milestone S.r.l.

Last edited:
I'm still missing the E-Ray. I think I'll sign up for Game Pass, play Forza Motorsport for a few minutes, make sure I get the E-Ray in Horizon, then cancel my subscription to Game Pass. It's a bit of a faff, but it's worth it to me.

This popped up on my YouTube feed. Quite interesting to watch:

That looks gorgeous. Very impressive build and some quit ingenious ideas. I will have to check that racetrack out this weekend

My plan worked. I got the E-Ray. And it only cost me a dollar and some bandwidth. Game Pass Ultimate is only $1 for the first 14 days. I downloaded Motorsport, played for about an hour, and two days later I got the E-Ray. My Game Pass Ultimate subscription is already cancelled.
1b3f28b9-46e5-4bb6-be20-f69d6c874e8f.png

Last edited:
I was not expecting this, but I think the MG7 might be my favourite car from this update, apart from the cheese cube of course.

It is stunningly beautiful, sounds amazing and it drives so well, I’ve been having a lot of fun with it today which was a surprise.

I wrote it off as just another Chinese sedan but somehow I like it more than the Hyundais and Lynks, good addition this one.

Oh, and a message ingame confirmed that the next Let’s Go stream will be on Monday, 11am PST, so let’s pray for the MC20.

I was not expecting this, but I think the MG7 might be my favourite car from this update, apart from the cheese cube of course.

It is stunningly beautiful, sounds amazing and it drives so well, I’ve been having a lot of fun with it today which was a surprise.

I wrote it off as just another Chinese sedan but somehow I like it more than the Hyundais and Lynks, good addition this one.
Yeah, honestly the MG7 is the best Chinese car in the game right now in terms of its interior view, and I haven't even touched the Macaron yet. Unique font for the speedometer readout instead of the Forza Font, properly synchronized tachometer, a view of the tach that's slightly obstructed but not so obstructed that you can't see the redline when you need to shift. Why they made the i30 the headline car (according to the Let's Go stream) and not this is baffling to me.

Yeah, honestly the MG7 is the best Chinese car in the game right now in terms of its interior view, and I haven't even touched the Macaron yet. Unique font for the speedometer readout instead of the Forza Font, properly synchronized tachometer, a view of the tach that's slightly obstructed but not so obstructed that you can't see the redline when you need to shift. Why they made the i30 the headline car (according to the Let's Go stream) and not this is baffling to me.
Tbf not many knew what an mg7 was. Its specs also don't read as exciting. It makes sense that they chose the most recognizable (and probable most requested) of the bunch as a headline car.

That's some good testing, thanks.

For some reason in Forza it has a GM 9T50 transmission out of a Malibu, whereas it's meant to be a ZF 9HP as used in things like the Evoque or Tonale. The real 9T50 generally skips 3rd entirely on upshifts, but may use it on downshifts or under heavy load (and isn't even the first to do this - ratios in a planetary auto are just combinations of clutches, so that 'gear' is just a particular sequence of clutches and not an additional part, making it almost free to have and thus advertise 9 speeds).
It's surprising because I think the Odyssey that was on FM7 a few years ago has the ZF 9HP? Now I'm curious if they simulated that transmission properly.

Last edited:
I won the MG7 last night, popped the XP skill card and put it in the garage. I'm going to have to take it out tonight and have a good play with it.

Last edited:
Back