Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,498 comments
I just want this little beauty from European Automotive season, the Weismann MF5. Tin top or soft top I'm not fussed.

1000007900.png
1000007902.png
1000007901.png

He meant the M2 Competition in FH5 we have a regular M2, but after all, it is no different and someone will immediately say that it is a waste of space 🙄
TBH I wasn't saying much about it being a waste of space, that being the TTRS has some tiny differences here and there.

The M2 Comp has different mirrors and some small changes compared to the normal M2, but it's not a waste of space. Maybe I have been too harsh and should've done some research.

My apologies in advance.

The Sian and M2 we can eliminate from here because a) we already have the Sian and b) I assume the M2 you're referring to is the new M2 we just got in Horizon Creatives.
The M2 in FH5 is the 2023 BMW M2 G27. The M2 I'm talking about is the 2020 BMW M2 F87 Competition from Forza Motorsport.
F_Zj5gFWMAAxDUQ.jpg

We did get the Sian Roadster in Forza Horizon 5, but I'm talking about the hardtop coupe version.
e273b46964abf5ec508974e17e27c26de6e45676.jpeg

I wish, but Rolls-Royce sadly pulled out of racing games in general.
That's sad. Been saying that for quite some time now, and Rolls' lineup in the Xbox One era was sadly pitiful. We only got the Wraith and the Dawn, and after Forza 7, it was gone for good.

You would think that because BMW also owns the brand, that they'd do a sub-licening offer similar to what EA used to do back in the mid-2000s, with their Porsche products. But no.

Blame the brand authorities of Rolls-Royce for not allowing their cars in racing games. This is why we don't get products like the $520,000 Spectre, which has the electric powertrain of the BMW i7.

The font doesn't match with the usual Forza/Horizon font so I'm very doubtful that's the case.

That's sad. Been saying that for quite some time now, and Rolls' lineup in the Xbox One era was sadly pitiful. We only got the Wraith and the Dawn, and after Forza 7, it was gone for good.

You would think that because BMW also owns the brand, that they'd do a sub-licening offer similar to what EA used to do back in the mid-2000s, with their Porsche products. But no.

Blame the brand authorities of Rolls-Royce for not allowing their cars in racing games. This is why we don't get products like the $520,000 Spectre, which has the electric powertrain of the BMW i7.
The Spectre would fit the game perfectly...a big luxury GT which is good for cruising and daily driving. And since it's electric, I think PG might consider putting it in the game if licensing wasn't an issue.

If they are genuinely working on a new expansion I'll be surprised. Turn 10 wouldn't let Motorsport be upstaged so quickly after it's literally just come out, especially with (just using as an example) a full remaster of FH2's map.

Perhaps the expansion is Europe?

We're all off on a Forza Horizon 5 holiday to Europe next series.

Perhaps in Germany for week one, winning BMW's, Mercs, VW's and Weismanns.

In France for week two winning old Citroens, Renaults and Peugeots.

Off to Sweden in week three for SAAB's and Volvo classics.

And finish in the UK on week four for Morgans, McLarens and the ultimate finishing touch an Austin Princess.

If they are genuinely working on a new expansion I'll be surprised. Turn 10 wouldn't let Motorsport be upstaged so quickly after it's literally just come out, especially with (just using as an example) a full remaster of FH2's map.
I don't think Turn 10 has a say on what Playground Games decides to do with FH's future roadmap... And adding more expansions to the base game is probably more cost efficient/profitable at this point than starting to work on the next version.

I don't think Turn 10 has a say on what Playground Games decides to do with FH's future roadmap... And adding more expansions to the base game is probably more cost efficient/profitable at this point than starting to work on the next version.
I mean, all that being said, it does add up; this year is FH2's tenth anniversary, the game just had its online services cut-off, there's no PC version or downloadable version for the Xbox outside of the 360 version, so the only way to play it is if you have a physical copy of FH2 on your Xbox One--unlike FH3 where a PC version does exist but is digital-only. It would be neat (and quite a flex, considering GT Sport just got an offline patch) if they just came out and said "hey, it's FH2's tenth anniversary this year and we know it's difficult to get people interested in playing this game because it's hard to find a copy--so we figured, why not remaster FH2's map and make it our next expansion?"

Granted, the best way to play FH2 might still be on Xbox One, which is why they might not do it, but it would be such an interesting move if they did do it.

In general I liked the carlist of Forza games, but I have always missed european cars from the late 1990s early 2000s.

Citroën: Saxo/Xsara/C2 VTS
Peugeot: 106 Rallye/GTi, 306 GTi, 406 Coupe
Renault: Megane Coupe Mk1, Twingo RS
SEAT: Ibiza/Córdoba/León
Alfa Romeo: 146 GTA, GTV
Fiat: Coupe, Barchetta, Bravo HGT
Opel: Calibra, Astra Coupe
Audi: TT Mk1, S3 Mk1
VW: Polo/Lupo GTi
Skoda: Octavia vRS
MG: ZR
Smart: Roadster
Volvo: C70 Coupe

I can't imagine a better opportunity than this European automotive theme to include some of them.

In general I liked the carlist of Forza games, but I have always missed european cars from the late 1990s early 2000s.

Citroën: Saxo/Xsara/C2 VTS
Peugeot: 106 Rallye/GTi, 306 GTi, 406 Coupe
Renault: Megane Coupe Mk1, Twingo RS
SEAT: Ibiza/Córdoba/León
Alfa Romeo: 146 GTA, GTV
Fiat: Coupe, Barchetta, Bravo HGT
Opel: Calibra, Astra Coupe
Audi: TT Mk1, S3 Mk1
VW: Polo/Lupo GTi
Skoda: Octavia vRS
MG: ZR
Smart: Roadster
Volvo: C70 Coupe

I can't imagine a better opportunity than this European automotive theme to include some of them.
An outstanding list of vehicles there bud. I've mentioned a few myself. If we get just a handful of these I'll be happy, very happy indeed.

Weirdly, the Forza Horizon Instagram posted a story that the livestream for LET’S GO!!! was live now on Twitch, but I checked their official Twitch and nothing can be seen there.

IMG_4502.png

Here's something I've never had happen in game before. I had a gift car to collect from a barn. When I got there I had the screen below for about 60 seconds along with the message on screen before it popped and let me in to the barn to collect.

1000007915.png

Oh and the gift car was a Ford Focus RS.

Just looks to me Alejandra got caught up in traffic and was late to meet up with you 🤷🏽‍♂️
Here's something I've never had happen in game before. I had a gift car to collect from a barn. When I got there I had the screen below for about 60 seconds along with the message on screen before it popped and let me in to the barn to collect.

View attachment 1331687

Last edited:

View attachment 1331687

I recognize a couple of my vinyls on your car. Thanks for the support.

Back